DHTML Menu Stored from a database?

Would a DHTML Drop down menu (Like be able to load fast enough, from a database?

I also have a CMS that ‘simple’ users can currently easily change menu items that are stored on a database…

In order to use one of these menus would you recommend that the menu items be moved to an include file?

Thanks for your thoughts…

ALSO IF SO: Is it possible to design something that edits .inc files and/or .txt files in a similar way to items stored in a database? Or would it just be fine from a database…?
    Pope Online :: Web Design

yes just cache the database call..i use and ms sql 2005 so i would also set the the cache for that web part to indefinate until there are changes in the database

Newport Beach, CA
    Kind of expensive but this will do exactly what you're describing:

dynamic creation of menus with server-side script code (pro version only)
    Now you can insert items into the menu dynamically, from a server-side script such as ASP, PHP or ColdFusion. This is very useful if you want the menu to reflect a structure stored in a database or enable/disable items based on user's permissions. (pro only)
    I use the standard version a lot to make quick menus. works well.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

When you access a MySql database using PHP, it returns results in arrays.
    Based on my limited knowlage of DHTML, I would think that you could just do a MySql query at the top of your page to pull everything out of the database and make it equal to Variables.
    PHP Code:
    mysql_query("SELECT * FROM menuitems"); 
    $i 1;
    $row mysql_fetch_array($result))
    menu1[$i] = $row['menu1'];
    $i ++;

//now do your dhtml menu, I found a segement of one off of a tutorial
    foreach ($menu1 as $menu1item){
    menu1[0]='<a href="
    $menu1item"> $menu1item</a>'
    This should work