Recurring double charges by CTN1

Hi, did anyone experience recurring double charges by CTN1? Seems they love doing this each December. Last year they charged me twice (quarterly plan as a matter of fact), did confirm overcharge immediately, and ... kept ignoring my refund requests for 2 weeks, till year end. Was somebody in need to pump sales figures to meet his or her quota in order to get a bonus? Just wondering, because this December all is repeating all over again - double charge (as a matter of fact the second charge is 20% higher in amount), quick response "We will return to you in few hours." and silence...

Just bad luck?

About your case

Good Morning Sir,
    We have check your account and we have see the double charge after verification with our bank Credit Card processing this is a problem with our bank and we will refund in few days.

You have receive lot of answers of our customers dept about this.

You're customer behing june 2005 and we have each time ask at your question.

Don't hesitate to ask Marine or Nathalie about this problem.

Thanks in advance.
    CTN1.NET - Hosting Solutions
    • Support 24x7 • Cisco Equipement • multihomed Network
    Now Fully Managed Email Server Ready!! Contact Us!
    Hosting Manager - Marc G.

Marc,

I assume you wanted to say "we have each time answered your question".

You either have no idea as to what is going on in your company or you shamelessly lie.

In my experience, your company answers one out of 5 messages on average.

In 2005 I was trying to change my credit card info for 2 months. I was sending one message a week and after 4 weeks I got an answer – "just send new card info via email" (yep, very professional). I complained about security and got another answer - "well, fax it". Almost good, but no fax number, no contact point. Just send your credit card info to our reception desk. How cute... I asked for the number and guess what I got? Another 2 weeks of silence. Well, I have sent the billing info to the fax number found on your site. Guess what happened next? I got a message from your billing dept (Nataly) "Please send us ASAP the credit card". Do you think I have re-sent the fax and the story ended at last? WRONG!

Dear Sir,
    I’ m very sorry but I lost your fax with your details of you credit card.
    May I ask you to resend them by fax .
    Thanks for your comprehension.
    Best regards
    SANDRINE
    Customers Services
    CTN1

Do you think this is the end? WRONG!

Dear Sir,
    I send your invoice of your Dedicated Server *** and please advice us ASAP when are you pay?i

Have a nice day.

Trθs cordialement / Best regards
    Marine B.
    Services Clients / Customers Services
    CTN1 SAS

==========
    Dear Marine
    Could you please advise me ASAP why do you ask such a question?
    Do you mean you have lost my credit card info once more again?

Regards,
    Alex

============
    Dear Sir,
    I ‘m sorry it’s a mistake we have all informations on it.
    Just on December your credit card will be charged by CTN1 .

Have a nice wek-end
    Trθs cordialement / Best regards
    Marine B.
    Services Clients / Customers Services
    CTN1 SAS

Do you think this is the end? WRONG again!

On December 2005 you have charged me twice. I guess just to make sure. Just in case you will lose my billing info again. You confirmed the error immediately and it took 2 weeks and a dozen of messages to get the money back. This December you did the same. But with a difference – you confirmed the error within 48 hours and did not return money. When I asked why (5 or 6 times I guess) you told me you need my approval to return me the money you stole from me. OK authorized you to return stolen money a week ago. And got nothing. I asked as to why. And no got answer.

Marc, yes I am your customer since mid 2005 and while I am pretty happy with your tech support, your billing department is a complete failure. Trust me on this.

Alex

We have make the necessary with our bank about this behind 10 days.

Check on your form bank.

Well, 28 days after CNT1 committed the credit card fraud, 20 days after CTN1 confirmed they "made a mistake", 20 days after CTN1 supposedly issued the refund I still did not receive the money back.

I am repeatedly requesting exact date and transaction id of the refund transaction they supposedly posted. Guess what I get (after 2 weeks)?

Good Morning,
    For us, it's resolved.
    Wow! How cute. We stole your money and, after thinking about this for 28 days we decided it is resolved. For us.

Anybody thinking about hosting with CTN1, be warned.

Yikes thats no good. If you paid via credit card charge back then leave that company fast.

Sure, I would report the charge as unauthorized to my bank 2 weeks ago. However with 20+ servers under management and 10 years experience with numerous online service providers I can easily calculate what will happen soon after CTN1 see the chargeback in their statements. I do not expect any inquiries etc prior to disconnecting the server. I manage this server for a customer and exposing a customer to my billing problems does not look very professional. Especially considering the fact that CTN1 was my recommendation (based on positive reviews here at WHT), while customer was suggesting the OVH.

Anyway, it seems I will have to assume the server transfer costs (it is a part of 2 node failover cluster, moving out is much more complex than just backup/restore and adjusting DNS records), as hosting with CTN1 gets too expensive both in dollar amount and time spent.

Refund

Dear Sir,
    We have recall at our cc merchandising and our bank has send your fund to your account.

Please check again.

We are sorry for this disagreement.

Double charging is a terrible mistake. If I'm ever double charged I'd be furious enough to issue a chargeback.

Hence, for servers I use paypal where possible..

Yes it's terrible mistake but our credit marchand has process to the refund. This error is terrible for our customer.

We have speak with our representative CC but the process has launch and it's not possible to modifiate this information this month.

We have call today for listen 'The transaction has refund' check with your customer.

We have speak with our representative CC but the process has launch and it's not possible to modifiate this information this month.
    Not sure what does it mean "not possible to modifiate this information this month"?

Did I get it right you will not sent refund for the erroneous charge made by your company on December 1st until January 2007? Could you please elaborate a bit?

We have explain the reason. Check your mailbox.

My mailbox contains a message stating that you decided to cancel my fully paid and as a matter of fact overpaid account. Very professional behavior... As a matter of fact you already did this. Pretty quick. The guy that happened to wait 2 days for server reload was not that lucky.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=571760

Anyway, you did not answer my question:

Not sure what does it mean "not possible to modifiate this information this month"?

Did I get it right you will not sent refund for the erroneous charge made by your company on December 1st until January 2007? Could you please elaborate a bit?