Hosting different subdomains with different hosts

10mb diskspace cost 1USD to upgrade=100mb costs 10USD extra per month. I get so much more if I get another hosting account. There are so many good WHT offers.
    But I want to use the same secondary domain. Is using different hosts for different subdomains a good solution? Anyone with experience please share your opinions.

Scotland, UK
    Simply edit the DNS zone file and create an A record for the sub domain to make it point to the secondary host's server
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services. | | | | Twitter: @rochenhost

Melbourne, AU
    A client of ours has multiple subdomains all pointing to different web sites that are all hosted with a different web host. I guess they don't like putting all their eggs in one basket.

Also, they manage their own DNS via Seems to work for them.
    Lowest prices on 2Gbps, 5Gbps & 10Gbps DEDICATED unmetered servers!!!
    █ Custom 10Gbps unmetered clustered server solutions! Email us for more info!
    Over 24 world wide locations to choose from!

Just make sure your other host doesnt mind adding the DNS entry.

Remember that before virtual hosts and subdomains as alternate directories in the same web account, what we call subdomains were actually server names. would be the server named www in the domain. would be the server named ftp in the domain.

Occasionally someone would "alias" a server with multiple names, however this was the exception, not the rule.

The DNS is happy to manage these as A records pointing separate "hosts" to separate IP addresses within the same domain zone file. It's what the world looked like before the proliferation of the web.

myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates