A few things I need help with.

Alright.

I'm not ready for Apache yet, so I'd like something a little more user friendly with a GUI. Open source please. I'm on Linux, Distro: Damn Small linux which is a mix between Knoppix and Debian.

I'm also looking for a nice dynamic dns client.

I've tried to google for one, but I can't download them all and test them, so I'm looking for a nice open source one.

Sorry I'm not going into more detail because I had a niice long post, and then my WINDOWS XP crashed <sarcasm> (Never had that happen before) </sarcasm>

If you have any suggestions or advice, i'd love to hear it.

Regards,

Mr. Ineedhelp

Are you looking for a desktop Linux based OS, or a web server? Apache is the later, and Debian is the former. Knoppix is a bootable LiveCD that is based upon Debian.

And generally speaking, Windows XP doesn't crash. If yours is, then you probably have some nasty malware on your system
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

You're not going to find a Linux GUI web server. You will be able to find plenty of GUI frontends (probably web based) for Apache.

Off the top of my head, I can think of webmin as an option. Also, some distros have GUI interfaces to manage services. OpenSuSE does, but I'm not sure if there is a frontend to Apache and, if there is, how in depth it is.

yeah, I see that there really is no gui for apache on Linux. Sigh...

I better grab some books or something.

But there are dynamic dns clients. Any reccomendations on open source ones?