Any feedback for Notrio Hosting?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on Notrio Hosting? Notrio .com.
    I have searched on WHT and Google and have not been able to find any feedback for this company. I did find two threads on WHT that contained info only that they are very new. (June or July 2006). They seem to have fairly decent reseller plans, but I am very hesitant to sign up without some more info on this company.

Would anyone have any comments about this company?

They definitely have some big packages going there for a very low price. From what I read, they are a new company and are already the "leading provider of shared hosting, reseller hosting and dedicated servers for businesses worldwide" as stated on their website's company page. <http://www.notrio.com/company.html>

I'd love to know if that desk is real with their company name embedded. I doubt it but if someone can verify that'd be great However, it sure is a nice desk!
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

I never noticed the desk before. It looks like photoshop to me. They have a strange slogan though "possible is everything". Isn't that supposed to be the other way around?

There certainly seems to be lots of "leading provider's" these days.

The packages seem perfect. The price is right...I just hope they are legit.

One thing that kind of concerns me is they mention "99.9% uptime", yet their tos offers no guarantees.
    Last edited by zwolf; 12-06-2006 at 09:27 PM.

Do they have an SLA for the uptime guarantee? Have you tried throwing them some sales questions to maybe test response times, etc?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

In their AUP, (the only visible policy on the site) it states:

The Provider makes no guarantees of service of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it is providing. The Provider also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Provider will not be responsible for damages the Customer suffers. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, misdeliveries, or service interruptions caused by its own negligence, subscriber's errors or omissions, or due to the fault of third parties. The Provider agrees to maintain and provide the highest level of service possible, and to maintain a good-faith relationship with the Customer.
    Does this mean run for the hills? Or it this a standard clause?

I have just sent them a bunch of questions, so I will update how their response times were & how helpful the answers were.

Notrio

I am currently shopping around and came across NOTRIO today. Had a great conversation with them and basically went through a litany of questions. My questions were very specific and their sales folks were knowledgable. They were not the most technical people so so questions have been refered on to the tech folks.

I am looking to migrate all of my clients sites away from HalfPriceHosting. After having been with them forever. They were called Southwind when I started with them. I have referred cleients to them for years. All of my clients are using their service. The key to happiness with HPH is to never change anything and never need their support.

In the past year their horrible support has costs me hundreds of hours on the phone. Clients have dropped me as a developer because of their inability to fix their own mistakes.

I was always under the impression that it is better to do business with the devil you know than the one which you don't know.

I am looking to gain a bit more control over my hosting. Not looking for VPS, but something very close to it. If anyone can recommend a company which offers hosting which allows for MS Access Databases, a banner adRotator, and has a few built in scripts which allow for storefronts, and stats. I'd appreciate the recommendation. I've even considered making myself a reseller if it will provide me a little more control without the responsibility of day to day maintenance. I can always keep myself busy reselling to myself. Anyon have any thoughts or suggestions?

BTW, HalfPriceHosting also dropped their stats program - Urchin stats. Though it was listed on their site as part of the package, I was unable to get my stats for 3 sites through them. SO I had a client who was permittted stats on only half of their domains. (Try explaining that one.) HPH's recommendation was to change plans... and even knowing how poorly they handle changes like that, I did it. The first converted site was down for over a week. And I lost hours and hours on the phone with them trying to get it back.

Seems a few are suddenly "finding" notrio

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Seems a few are suddenly "finding" notrio
    Is that a bad thing? They were like the 50th place we had checked out. Quite a mission to find a decent reseller plan with lots of space & bandwidth for a good price.

I had sent them an email and did not receive a response. Being that they were new, had no feedback & did not respond to my email, we ended up signing up with another company.

In looking into them, I've done what I've done on a few potential candidates. I run searches on the people named in their testimonials. Sometimes this quickly displays resellers of resellers of resellers... Their made a connection to INFOHUGE.com. Still trying to determine their validity.

If I might ask... just who is everyone using, and are you happy.

I dont know if this is totally acurate... BUT I dont think a leader only hosts themselves.

http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/...ins/NOTRIO.COM

1 domain... I'd be willing to bet its notrio.com

and yea, is there a domain to go with that testimonial?
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

try doing a Google search you will get some reviews there or you can even search them here at WHM

Quote Originally Posted by Kdoubt
    I dont know if this is totally acurate... BUT I dont think a leader only hosts themselves.

http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/...ins/NOTRIO.COM
    Keep in mind that WebHostingInfo is highly inaccurate, especially when it comes to reseller hosting providers. With a company I used to own, we had a total number of 70000 domains hosted. WebHostingInfo reported that we hosted 4 domains - It has something to do with how they pull the information, which I guess is from the master nameservers the company uses.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

Is that a bad thing?
    Not necessarily, but it's strange how people find out about them. Huge hosting companies advertising all over the net barely get a mention or two here, yet this very new hosting company gets so much attention.

Well I just took a deep breath and signed up for NOTRIO. I spoke with them for a half an hour the other day. I got the impression that they were an honest organization. They never tried to 'reach' with an answer.

I've got myself set up wth them as a reseller. Fingers crossed, I'll begin migrating my customers to my reseller account today. Literally picked my domain name out and started everything rolling in the last 2 hours. My site is www.Work2BDone.com and while I am not ready to take on a great number of clients at this time. I'm available if anyone wants to know about my NOTRIO experience.

A side note - the torture experienced from my previous hosting company was directly related to their TRIO plan. Selecting a hosting company called NO TRIO just seemed like the right karma.

T

Let us know how it works out with them! Good luck to you.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    Not necessarily, but it's strange how people find out about them. Huge hosting companies advertising all over the net barely get a mention or two here, yet this very new hosting company gets so much attention.
    I guess that says something about the power of Google Adwords. From the above post by anon-e-mouse, I took it might be trying to imply that I have some connection with that company, which I would like to assure you that I do not. I would be more than happy to verify my identity with a moderator, as well as the company we ended up choosing. I myself do not like spam posts, and I used to be a moderator on another large webmaster forum myself. I have asked about several companies on WHT in which we were checking out. The above just FYI.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails google.gif  

My thoughts and thoughts alone

I was with Notrio for about 6 weeks. OK you may say this isnt much to go on.
    Yes the packages are good. Yes the prices are good. The 99.9% uptime. Sorry but most definately not the case. Maybe in time they will offer this as a genuine suggested uptime. But in my experience - NO.

The gut who runs Notrio - Denis - Very nice, polite and open to feedback, but then feedback is no good if its not acted on. I have no issues personally, other than the support/service needs a LOT of working on.

As you guys know, support is paramount, and if the packages were huge at massively discounted rates, the longterm plans are more important.

Anyway, its a good company if you are able to resolve a lot of support issues without them, however caution should realistically be used.

As I say, my thoughts and my thoughts alone .

My NOTRIO experience so far

I made the leap to NOTRIO a few weeks back. Within the first hour I was up and running. In the next two hours I began migrating my clients without any drama or support tickets required. Their service includes a HUGE list of php packages all installable through Fantastico. I'll just say that this has made my life SOOOO much easier.

All of the migrations so far have been uneventful. I am migrating the tougher customers currently. These ones had alot of ASP pages and their migration requires alot of recoding. The MySQL and phpAdmin on their control panels makes the trouble shooting easier. At one point I did run into a problem where a programmer was saying it was a server problem and the Notrio folks were saying it was the coding. I'm sure we've all been there before - and yes it has been a bit frustrating. In the past even when I had phone access to support - they would escalate the support to a level which waould not respond by phone. And they always just closed the tickets saying it was fixed and did nothing.

I only have 2 remaining clients to complete my migration and I have begun adding new ones to my Notrio site.

So far the experience with NOTRIO has been positive all around. Their offerings in their packages are awesome. And I have experienced no down time at all. I don't know what the earlier post could have been about. I had always received a few emails about my sites being out a few times a month with my other service - HalfPriceHosting.

I'll admit they do feel a little NEW as far as a company. To be honest I'd rather work with the new people than the ones who have done so much and are so big they dismiss everyone and disregard half of the sentences in any email request.

The only drawback so far has been their lack of an included phpMembership type package. They seem to have all the other php program areas covered completely. If they had that, I'd likely start to sound more like one of their marketing guys... or worse yet, I'd have too much time on my hands.

My bottom line on NOTRIO is SO FAR SO GOOD. They have made my job easier and allowed me to get my development work done. I consider them an asset to my business. Any specific questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Terance
    www.Work2BDone.com

fewqf

I have been a reseller at Notrio for a cpl of weeks and so far I have nothing to complain about. The server is fast and the support is also fast. The only thing that didn't work right away was my private dns. I used Hostgator before, they were also nice, but their packages wasn't as good as Notrios. I hope Notrio stays this good, since they seem to be a new company.

Things have taken a turn with Notrio & me... I am regularly experiencing outages on every one of the sites I host there without any explanation as to what the cause. I gave them 2 months to work through new server issues. I have been experiencing outages of several hours to a full day at least once a week.

Is anyone else having these types of problems with them? I'd like to hear from anyone else who is using them for hosting and having the same issues. Post here or email me directly.
    Thanks.

Exclamation notrio not to recommend

in the first two months the service was ok then the problems started:

1. slow performance, several days server ofline
    2. empty promises for improving services
    3. no responce from the sales team on questions they did not like.

After they migrated to a new powerful server the big Problems started:
    1. no firewall against ddos atacks (bad risk management)
    2. since 2 weeks problems with that (sites offline, miserable performance)
    3. bad excuses and still no responce from the sales team
    4. i have lost 4 clients since i signed up with notrio.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY IT WILL CAUSE YOU HEADAKE. I HAVE SAVED SEVERAL COPIES OF CONVERSATIONS WITH THEM. IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A READ TROUGH AND GET CONVINCED ABOUT THE UNPROFESSIONAL WORK THEY DO I CAN POST THE HERE AS WELL.