Thread: my cpu temp ??

my cpu temp ??

Hi,

I just bought a new cpu :

Intel Dual core 3.4Ghz ... i was checking the temp today and when i was editing a movie (as its my job) i checked the temp with SpeedFan and the cpu temp was 53C ... i dont know it looks normal to me but the logo next to the temp in the program is very high im just wondering what should be a normal temp (at +95% cpu usage)

Thanks,
    Navid
    Giving up does not always means you are weak, it Simply means you are strong to let go!

It shouldn't really run at anything over 40C

53C isn't excessive but i'd recommend adding another Fan, I had a PC once that ran at 60C all the time never had an issue with it.

If it's Pentium D, those things are always hot, and noisy.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by joshcrick
    If it's Pentium D, those things are always hot, and noisy.
    You got that right.

Also the only way to tell the true temp is in the bios. Not a program running.
    Upfront Business Solutions
    A Cloud & Microsoft SaaS provider
    "Creating you a online web presence"

hey ,

thanks for replys guys ... yeah after 1hour editing temp went to high that i just shuted down the pc .. getting some more fans but i dont really think they will help that much !!

thanks
    Giving up does not always means you are weak, it Simply means you are strong to let go!

Running a Pentium D here (3.4Ghz)...27C. Under heavy stress it averages about 30-32 max. The stock cooling fan was way too noisy, so I bought an aftermarket one with a 120mm fan, and it's really quiet, running it at it's slowest speed...all I've needed so far.

Hey ,

the stock cooling fan is too noisy and it dont look very Fast! ill get a new fan for cpu as soon as i find one !! i searched ebuyer.co.uk and everywhere but i didnt find one .......

thanks for the reply

I'd recommend the dynatron fan/heatsink combo from newegg.com. Granted, they are loud, but do work very well dissipating heat from my experience with them. They generally run about 7700RPM, however this can be turned down in the bios to keep noise lower.

Just my $.02
    -DPI
    Chicago's #1 Datacenter Technician

I'm using one much like this (and Arctic Silver): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16835106075R
    Mine has a 120mm fan though, rated at about 14db. really quiet. Big damn thing, though...had to remove the graphics card to get to the last pin to lock it down.

I have this model of fan. A little pricey, but it also works in the Intel Core 2 Duo chip. Under full load it just buzzes along fairly quietly. I barely notice it compared to the stock fan.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118003
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.