12yr old arrested for opening presents early

A mother convinced Rock Hill police to arrest her 12-year-old son after he unwrapped a Christmas present early...[more]
    ...Herald Online

This is stupid as anything!!!!!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Maybe if she would spend more time with her son and be a better influence on him he wouldn't be turning out that way.
    Kerry Jones

When I was 12, I was a lot more mature than that.... opening presents early is for 4 year olds, and I even believe I could restrain myself at that age.

It's both their faults.

Being a single working mother who is going to school is extremely difficult. Keep those in mind before blaming the mother.

Whether or not they have the time to look after their children or not, doesn't change whether it's their fault or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude
    Being a single working mother who is going to school is extremely difficult. Keep those in mind before blaming the mother.
    Come on man, so what are the charges to the boy? stealing?

Well I guess the police has nothing else to do than wasting their time on things like this, and I can't believe I'm wasting my time reading and writing

Maybe it's just me or I'm just retarded but I couldn't help but laugh until I read the article and realized you were serious.
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

When I heard this story on the radio yesterday, I assumed that the boy had been getting into other problems as well. Well I was right, its says in the story that the boy has had a history of problems shoplifting, punching a police officer, etc.

I don't blame the mother, I know from experience that a visit from a police officer can open up your eyes. I would be interested in seeing who here criticizing her actually have kids. I have 2, and at this point I do not have to worry about these types of problems, but when they get older, if counseling and at home punishments do not solve problems they are having, then the police may be a viable option.

If he already punched a cop how would a visit from a cop and a trip to jail do anything?
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

yeah that makes sense that there's extenuating circumstances.

and yeah, i guess it's her terrible motherhood that convinced the kid to open his presents.

Should he get 10 years if he slams his door?
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

I assume the punch was just a little jab, the cop did not want to charge the kid for a little jab, and nothing came of it. But if he gets charged, it may open his eyes.

I don't know if her parenting skills are all that great, but I do know, because I was a hellion when I was a child, that a single mom, raising a kid like that can just go crazy. So people have the skills to work around these problems and some don't. My mom sent to to a place called Rivendale when I was a kid, I think that helped a bit. The kid is obviously not going to goto jail over this, but maybe could get put on a court supervision program.

Ok, first off, let's take a look at something. If he took a jab at a cop, how many times has he hit his mother. I have a 13yr old. He is over 6ft and stocky. If this kid happens to be the size of mine, what would you expect her to do? He doesnt listen, so he's not going to listen when she tries to ground him. He'd be too big for her to spank.

All you armchair experts can blab here about what was done wrong, but I'm sure none of you have valid working solutions to the problem.

the kid got arrested for opening a friggin nintendo gameboy. It's so utterly ridiculous it's funny.

This is the most stupid story I have heard who gets their own son arrested for opening a prezzie?

Quote Originally Posted by jacklaidlaw
    This is the most stupid story I have heard who gets their own son arrested for opening a prezzie?
    I think the question should be "Who buys such a rotten kid a nice present?"

You're supposed to unwrap the present, see what it is, then wrap it back up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude
    being a single parent is no excuse for this kind of stupidity.

Well, wrap the box back up with some equal weight in it anyway, heh.... oh wait.. I never did that..

Personally I used razor blades to cut the tape. That way I could put it back exactly how I got it

Lol, What a way to waste police time..

Quote Originally Posted by RSPanel79
    The weird thing is that they actually agreed to any of this!
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by RSPanel79
    They could've been eating doughnuts instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroNet-Hesham
    The weird thing is that they actually agreed to any of this!
    lol yeah, only way I could see them humoring it for a short period is just to teach the child a lesson but they must live in a very very bored town

Well, it was the mother's fault right from the beginning. If only she had not opened her legs at the tender age of 14 or 15.
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog | My stockphotos and illustrations