Web Traffic/ Search Engine Submission

Hello.

I need traffic in my website. I have adwords, but the cost is too high for my results. I am wondering how can I add my website to multiples search engine at once for free or cheap. Also, what do you recommend me to do to get more traffic?
    My site is www.bestelecard.com thanks

First, you need to identify the keywords that people are searching for to find sites like yours. A service like wordtracker.com can help in that area.

Next, you need to optimize your pages for those keywords. Focus on 1 or 2 keywords per page.

Third, you need to find other sites who are willing to link to yours. Sometimes you will find sites who will sell you a text link, others will exchange links with you for free.

With the above 3 things being done, you don't even need to submit your site to search engines. They will find you on their own. Please note that these are the bare essentials, and I did not go into detail on any of the areas.

Do some extra research at forums.searchenginewatch.com or another SEO forum.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Hi papa87, I would work on your SEO a little more, then if you want free Google free search engine submissions and you'll find tons of places that will submit your site.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2Macs
    Hi papa87, I would work on your SEO a little more, then if you want free Google free search engine submissions and you'll find tons of places that will submit your site.
    Is not a good idea to submit automatically to tons of search engines. What HostRefugee-Vince said is true, however I do suggest to at least once a month submit your site manually to Google, Yahoo and MSN that has given us good results.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

Quote Originally Posted by wbpro
    Is not a good idea to submit automatically to tons of search engines. What HostRefugee-Vince said is true, however I do suggest to at least once a month submit your site manually to Google, Yahoo and MSN that has given us good results.
    Agreed. You really only want to submit your site to the major search engines, IF even at all. The OP asked a question and I gave him a answer. The suggestion I gave you (papa87) you need to be careful with. Stay away from the places that say they'll submit your site to tons of places. The major search engines and directories is all you need. Exchanging links with other sites is a great thing to do.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

I would suggest going to the local library or book store and getting a few books on SEO. Read them. Also visit forums and look for valuable information regarding SEO like http://seochat.com or http://digitalpoint.com

SEO is the best way to bring loads of traffic to your website, however, it must be done correctly. Reading up on it and actually following the LONG drawn out process is worth it at the end of the day.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

hi,

shortcut of anything is not good at all. you want to submit your sites in thousand of search engines at one time. it is also not required to submit your site in a bunch of search engines. try to get listed in open directory(Dmoz), google nd msn.

if you are able to get links in open directory then your site will be automaticaly submited to google directory. if you have links from google and demoz then there is no need to think of search engines.

There are some good suggestions here, and good links to some up-to-date SEO-oriented sites... good reads there. If the site has incoming links, a search engine spider is very likely to find it sooner or later. Trying to rush SEO with black hat techniques will be more trouble than it's worth.

I agree what wbpro said, btw you can use adword for geotargeting to reach the targeted niche. Have you tried this?

How long is your website launched? To get a long term traffic and make money, you shall aim for ranking in the first page of google SERPs, not just indexed by google. To rank higher in google, you shall have more backlinks. Submitting to directories, blogs, forums, etc, will give you lots of backlinks.

If you still do want to submit to search engines, please go www.hkhangfong.com/seo/submissionsoftwares.htm. There are some automtical SE submission softwares. But if you have backlinks, there is no need to manually submit your site to SE.

oops

Quote Originally Posted by hhheng
    How long is your website launched? To get a long term traffic and make money, you shall aim for ranking in the first page of google SERPs, not just indexed by google. To rank higher in google, you shall have more backlinks. Submitting to directories, blogs, forums, etc, will give you lots of backlinks.

If you still do want to submit to search engines, please go www.hkhangfong.com/seo/submissionsoftwares.htm. There are some automtical SE submission softwares. But if you have backlinks, there is no need to manually submit your site to SE.
    I apologize, I lost the forum, and i just find it. I launched my website 1.5 month ago (11-6-2006). I will check SEO books, and I will do what is recommended here.
    Thanks everyone; I will let you know who is going.

if u want to sumit ur site to multiple search engines u can do it with submitexpress.com and addme.com
    http://Smilemaker.uk.to
    (More than 800 readymade scripts)
    http://Bestforum.uk.to/uk/forum