Moving from Page-Zone, suggestions?

Page-zone has become unreliable, so I'm looking to move. Unexplained outages, lost email, the list goes on.

I have ~15 sites and like Cpanel/WHM. This is the plan I have now:

Disk Space 50GB
    Bandwidth 100GB
    Maximum Domains Unlimited
    Email Accounts 150 Per Domain
    MySQL Databases 150 Per Domain
    Subdomains 150 Per Domain

I pay about ~$20 per month($60 quarterly), but I'd pay more for reliability(especially when it comes to email). Any suggestions or starting points?

Thanks,
    Stacey

Welcome to the forums stacey_z

As far as resellers accounts go, some names I've seen come up here are resellerzoom or hostgator. Although they do tend to have stricter email policies because of busy servers.

If you're looking for quality over quantity, you might either have to settle for a little less space or up your budget a tad.

Regardless I wish you well in your search!
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

Thx, KD. I don't even come close to using that amount of space or bandwidth. I just needed an account that allowed lots of domains. I'd pay $40/mo with less of everything, if the reliability was there.

We once started out as a reseller and our primary concern - like yours - is quality vs quantity. We decided to go with www.UISRegistry.com. The support is great, and the quality is top notch. I would check them out as well as multiple others as a point of reference.

Regards
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

Can I recomend a server for you. I have been using ZoneServ.com http://www.zoneserv.com/.
    They have been very reliable and Gil is great. Give him a shout and see what he can do.

Are you really using that much? probably the root of all your problems is that you're getting too much for too little.
    Last edited by Jedito; 12-06-2006 at 05:49 PM.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Your budget is just about right on track. You say you don't use that much space and bandwidth then don't purchase it. Your currently paying 20 per month for a reseller which is about right for anyone just starting or needing a smaller based reseller package. Furthermore, if you are going with another cpanel provider, they can transfer your accounts for you (in many cases)

I would strongly suggest lurking around the offers section here on WHT to get an idea of what's out there.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

The fail-over deal at resellerzoom is looking good. Even with their level 1 package, I'd still have room to breathe.

I'll take a look at those other suggestions, too.

Jedito, no, I'm using anywhere near that much. Probably a total of 2000 MB. And they're mostly local B&M businesses, so traffic is low.

The cpanel transfer would be nice, too.

Quote Originally Posted by stacey_z
    The fail-over deal at resellerzoom is looking good. Even with their level 1 package, I'd still have room to breathe.
    Yup and most providers will let you upgrade for free

It's very nice, this way you don't have to worry about doing it yourself. Ask the host if they provide this for free.

50GB for 40$ seems not a good budget - it's less than 1$ per gig for the provider thus making no profit -> going downhill in the long run...

But now that you have narrowed that you do not use so much resources RZ must be a good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by stacey_z

I'll take a look at those other suggestions, too.

Jedito, no, I'm using anywhere near that much. Probably a total of 2000 MB. And they're mostly local B&M businesses, so traffic is low.

Then, probably you should look for something not that above of your needs, I mean, if you're using 2 GB, maybe search for 5 GB (to have some space to grow with), but 50 GB is a bit too much
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    Then, probably you should look for something not that above of your needs, I mean, if you're using 2 GB, maybe search for 5 GB (to have some space to grow with), but 50 GB is a bit too much
    I agree with this. Furthermore, what providers now a days are selling 50GB of diskspace and 4000000TB (hey, im close) of bandwidth for 5 bucks you can count on coming back here in a few weeks searching yet again for another provider.

I'm looking at HTTPme.com, too. It's a bit more expensive, but still okay for what I need. $35/mo for 2g of space and 40g of transfer.

Will I get what I'm paying for with these guys? Or am just paying for their high rent in Los Angeles?

Price aside, who's better? Reseller Zoom or HTTPme?

I am a page-zone reseller and noticed the same as you lately. I opened an account with fatnetwork and think they are great and always respond to my emails within minutes. I strongly recommend them.
    Tdothost.com

Great, fast, and reliable webhosting service.