What is the best way to sell a Domain?

I have a couple of Domains (maybe three) I might want to get rid of when they expire sometime in 2003.

I'm not sure that eBay is a good way to do this, unless maybe notice it somewhere else and point to the eBay link option.

Is there a place, or forum, or something to get the word out to match domain sellers with domain buyers?

Does webhostingtalk.com have a forum for this? Is there another forum or message posting available?
    Last edited by wf19; 06-24-2002 at 12:31 AM.

Greatdomains.com

And a couple other places to sell your domain, no money is needed up front. They make a commision.

You can (and people often do) post domains for sale in the Related Offers & Request forum, however you should note (as if it weren't obvious) that this site isn't primarily attracting domain buyers. Neither is ebay, and I've heard that great domains and afternic, while their purpose is only buy/sell domains, aren't always the best places. Not sure about ebay.

Part of the problem might be how the sites are organized (afternic, etc.). When I've gone there looking for domains, if it isn't on the first page or so, well, then I miss it.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Thanks, another forum I'm in gave these options:

http://www.emailaddresses.com/forum/...2328#post42328
    Originally posted by
    Try the "Related Offers and Requests" forum of WHT. There is also:-

1. The "Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade" forum at GeekVillage
    2. The "Domain Listings" forum in the Sitepoint Marketplace section of the SitePoint Forums
    (the forum will only appear after you've registered and logged in)
    3. The "Domain Showcase" forum at NWForum

I think those are the main ones!

perhaps also consider placing a one page site listing the site for sale, writing domain for sale somewhere in the whois.
    also consider writing personalised emails to people who you would consider interested parties.
    you really have to market a domain name vey hard, and an email to prospective purchasers is quite often one of the more successful ways of selling a domain name, well in my personal experience it has proven to be.

I tried selling a domain name by emailing prospective buyers and somehow my webhost found out and warned me if I did it again my account would be terminated.

You may want to try DNforum.com .

I tried selling a domain name by emailing prospective buyers and somehow my webhost found out and warned me if I did it again my account would be terminated.
    I emailed about 5 of the most likely prospective purchasers. I emailed each one individually and addressed them by their name, I would hardly consider that spam. I am not in the business of domain speculating and have only sold 2 domain names this way. Most of the time, people look at the whois and contact me. And if I had a domain name that I didnt want I would rather let it expire than try to sell it.

Originally posted by whtpost
    Ha! Now thats funny

Yea, greatdomains is a good place to post domain names for sale. I am not sure at their rates, but check them out.

Wow, there certainly are a lot of forums out there on this topic:

Summary:

Domain Name Forum:
    www.dnforum.com

Domain Names Forums:
    www.domainnameforums.com

Geek Village:
    www.geekvillage.com/forums

Site Point Forums:
    www.sitepointforums.com

NWForum:
    www.nwforum.com/vbulletin