Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down jewlzk.com Nightmare on Host Street

Not sure if this is the right section for this because it involves both experiences with a reseller and now a dedicated from the same provider, so OP's feel free to move it or copy it or what ever.

So the story goes something like this ;

For a good while i had a host that was pretty good to us, when we started out, however as with most things went south after about almost 2 years. So we knew it was time for a change. I spoke to the old admin of this hosts servers which had left, and he advised me that another person who had a bunch of dedicated servers with this same host moved on his own too, and that i should go with that company, because the owner is a honest stand up kind of guy. So as a trusting soul, i went to jewlzk hosting.

I started off with a reseller account, which was almost flawless for about 1 month. Things then started to get bad, support wasn't really there when we needed them, and their knowledge lacked something fierce, however i knew it must have been tough having to move on their own in such a hurry, so i gave them the benefit of the doubt, and stayed, even offered to help with the knowledge i had.

Well that never seemed to help, things were always wrong, services being corrupted, things being down like pop3, smtp, ftp, etc etc. However again i decided to roll with the punches, fearing yet another move and a issue for my clients more so then the current issues. I offered again to help them, but the said they didn't need it, so fine, i guess that's what i pay for right?

Months later (6) things were just as bad if not worse. To get things repaired or fixed, or at least some input on them was almost extinct. All i ever got were excuses and how it was "beyond their control". Accounts started to magically appear in my WHM, and when asked to have them checked out, the server admin didn't think it was a critical situation, at least that is the way it came across. I know i would have been flipping out if that happened, and wouldn't stop looking into it until i found the problem and got it resolved.

So just before thanksgiving, i decided that it would be in the best interest of JVS and it's valued, loyal and understanding long term clients to just spend the extra money, and upgrade to our own dedicated server, so we can be more proactive with fixing things on time, and making sure all was well.

I spoke to the owner of JewlzK.com and spoke of my thoughts and wanted to obtain a price on something to suite the needs of JVS and it's Clients. They came back with a quote of $170.00 per month for what seemed to be very reasonable offer. Roland told me that he would have to oder this server for me, and that it may take a little longer because of the holiday, which was fine by me. He told me tuesday of the following week that the server would be put online in the Data Center. With that being said and promised to me, i started to make other arrangements to have work done to the server as soon as it came online this way we could seamlessly roll out a quality server.

Tuesday came and went with no word, however on wednesday i finally got a response, and was told on their forum that the server would be put online that saturday. But wait, didn't they just tell me tuesday that just past already? I figured this was odd because i already paid the first months server fee of $170.00 on
    Nov. 28, 2006?!??!!? So what was their excuse this time? Well they said that the Data Center Couldn't get another cabinet ready for them until saturday, whoa! We are talking about a supposed "Data Center" here, you mean to tell me they couldn't roll out a cabinet with 1 weeks prior notice already? Or at least come up with a temporary solution?

Ok, agitated i was, this i'm sure is obvious by this point. Saturday comes and goes, the forums say that my server is at the DC and all is well, but hmmmmm where is my login info? Not in my hand that's for sure! Upon contacting Roland on sunday via the forums, he advised me that he sent an e-mail to me requesting some more information from me in order to setup the server. I check my e-mails but get errors when contacting the pop3 server, gee that's nothing new. I figure it must be on my end, so i check everything, to no avail, however one of my clients message me stating they also can't check their e-mails either, so there you go, the issue is on JewlzK's side, yet again! Finally i contact Mr. Roland again only to have him tell me he sent it to me via PM in his forum. So i check the message, and reply with his required information he requested.

Monday comes and goes, do you think i have a root login yet for the server? NO, of course not, even though i already paid on Nov. 28, 2006. However on sunday we agreed that i would advise my clients of the suspected downtime, with 2 days advanced knowledge of the move/upgrade for the expected downtime. So that would mean that the move would take place on tuesday at 11 PM CST. Still i have no root login for the server as of monday...

Tuesday morning comes around, i contact Mr. Roland directly, and he advises me of the new IP's and my Root Login, FINALLY!!!! I log in via SSH to make sure it all works, and it does .. whew! All seems well and on track for tuesday night. 10 PM EST I change my name servers to allow for the propogation a bit early as the move takes place, trying to minimize the downtime. 12 AM he advises me all went well and the move is complete, Eureka!

fast forward on to early tuesday morning, dns has propogated, and so i go to login to my WHMCS, (which the license failed earlier due to his failure to update it), i notice that i am unable to change my server info to reflect that of the new ip and server name. Upon asking him why, he advises me i need to login via ssh and make a quick change to my php.ini, no biggie. I run out for 15 minutes, rush back to make changes and get things back on track. i goto login Via SSH to make these changes, and long and behold, my root password he gave me before no longer works! JOY!, so i message him, and guess what, he is away, and hasn't returned yet! Then i later find out that all of my clients account info for their account specs on packages is MAGICALLY GONE!

I then try my password for my WHM, that doesn't work either. So i login to WHM, and No WAY, i don't have the full WHM i should have on a dedicated server, but the same one i had as when i was on a reseller. Disappointed i login to Cpanel, and umm yeah, Fantastico is missing, which was supposed to be included, and all of my quotas are the same as when i had my reseller and do not even come close to reflecting what I've already paid alot for. Oh best part is that he also forgot he gave me 2,000 GB of B/W and tried to tell me a few days ago i only had 1,200 LOL! Now i know some of you may say that well maybe dns hasn't fully propogated yet, and you are still logging into your old whm and cpanel. That's not the case, because the hardware under server specs in whm are that of the new box which is totally different

Bottom line is i think i have given them way more then the benefit of the doubt 100 times over, and i just feel i should get better service since I'm paying way more, and have stuck around all this time. Not to mention he still owes me a $32.95 credit, which i have yet to see, but hear about quite often. Nevermind that i received a message from a previous dedicated server client of his warning me that jewlzK had put some of their clients on this poor guys dedicated server, and when he found out about it and confronted jewlzk about it, they denied it until physical evidence was given to them. Sounds like i'm in store for the true ride of my life now...

Why is it so hard to find a decent provider now adays? Is there any provider on the face of planet earth that you can trust not to drop the ball, let you down, and cause you to potentially lose clients?

Has anyone else ever experienced this or something similar with this host? Please do tell! Bottom line, stay away from liars, cheaters, and BS Artists.

I will keep you all updated as things change, for better or worse, expect updates.

Regards,

-Shaun
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry to hear about that JVS, I hope you get it all worked out soon. When you first asked them about the server, even before you paid what was the setup time they told you?

Also why would another cabinet have to be purchased?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>
      0 Not allowed!

He told me the server would be up and online that tuesday of the next week after Thanksgiving. Not sure why he needed "another cabinet" as he told me just 1 week before i ordered the server that he almost had his 1 cab full and he had room for a few more servers.
      0 Not allowed!

If I read that right you're saying you had one month of good service on the reseller account followed by 6 months of bad / incompetent service, so you decided to get a dedicated server from the same supplier.

It's not that hard to find good providers - if you think you're not getting good service, take your business elsewhere.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter
      0 Not allowed!

You read it right. But i also stated that i tried to give the guy a chance, and help him out as much as i could. Also i thought that by getting a dedicated server, i would have control over all the matters, and i wouldn't have a problem with him. Apparently i thought wrong.
      0 Not allowed!

I think it may be the problem that you gave him just a few too many chances... I am all for giving hosts chances but multiple ****-ups and many months later you were still with him. If i had my business there I would have gone insane.
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Now Offering Windows Serivces.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for sharing your experience, there's a host I was never convinced about.
      0 Not allowed!

Well here is an update guys;

I asked Roland from JewlzK to refund my money, only because for just about 2 weeks of a 1 months service, i had no access, in my opinion that counts as less then 99.9% uptime. MY e-mails still dont work properly, and eventually he gave me a root password, however he did a terrible configuration, and left me in the dark about the whole thing. He is refusing to refund me my money i paid in advance of $170.00, so i've had to get another provider over at SoftLayer, which from what i gather has their stuff together, and Can you imagine, they had my server up, online and adminable within the 2-4 hours roll out time they promised me!!!! Oh and to add to the fast roll out time, i got WAY MORE options and things as well as information then i ever did with JewlzK for only a few dollars more per month!!!! However at this point, im having seeksadmin do some work for me on this server to make sure all is well and my clients do not get messed up again.

I will keep you all updated on my refund status too, as i'm going to continue to push for what's right.

Regards,

Shaun
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS_Hosting
    so i've had to get another provider over at SoftLayer, which from what i gather has their stuff together, and Can you imagine, they had my server up, online and adminable within the 2-4 hours roll out time they promised me!!!! Oh and to add to the fast roll out time, i got WAY MORE options and things as well as information then i ever did with JewlzK for only a few dollars more per month!!!!
    SL has been nothing but absolutely fabulous to HostFrog. I do not know what I would do without their service. I think you will be happy there.
      0 Not allowed!

Oh i'm very happy there as is hostfrog, things are FINALLY trouble FREE! _ Updates to come still about the status of my refund, even though jewlzk says not a chance .... OH and special thanks to www.seeksadmin.com for helping me out in my stressed out state of mind., kudos to them and their services!
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I can see it taking 1 week to get a cabinet up. Our 2nd cabinet took us about 4 days (on the week days) to get setup, but it should have been up at least that Friday, not Saturday or later. I'm sorry to hear what happened, I think I read on FWS a few other complaints about them.

Good luck with your future ventures
    VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services
      0 Not allowed!

Ya jewlzk sucks they give you alots of BW and if you used 1 % of thier cpu they suspend your account and termainte it like i had hosting accounts he suspended them and then the next day he came to me saying you subdomains is cuasing spam emails and my whole eniter account is suspended how can they spam while they cant access thier site

Hes a scam stay away from jewlzk.com

Quote Originally Posted by SelectByte
    Well, I can see it taking 1 week to get a cabinet up. Our 2nd cabinet took us about 4 days (on the week days) to get setup, but it should have been up at least that Friday, not Saturday or later. I'm sorry to hear what happened, I think I read on FWS a few other complaints about them.

Good luck with your future ventures
    one is mine
      0 Not allowed!

OH and special thanks to www.seeksadmin.com for helping me out in my stressed out state of mind., kudos to them and their services!
    Glad we could help.
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers
      0 Not allowed!

I have to say I can't agree with the things everyone here has said about JewlzK, I have had a dedicated server with them now for several months and the service and support has been nothing short of phenomenal. Roland was always available to talk to on AIM messenger or via tickets to promptly fix or install anything I needed, not to mention the fact that the server itself has been running absolutely flawlessly since I got it, Roland has gone above and beyond to help me out with problems and even when my previous server was having a hard drive failure he managed to have all my data transfered and had me set up on a new server within a matter of hours. I can say nothing but good about JewlzK and It saddens me to see people walk away from this amazing host with a bad experience because Roland is a great person and his hosting services are second to none.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by godulous
    I have to say I can't agree with the things everyone here has said about JewlzK, I have had a dedicated server with them now for several months and the service and support has been nothing short of phenomenal. Roland was always available to talk to on AIM messenger or via tickets to promptly fix or install anything I needed, not to mention the fact that the server itself has been running absolutely flawlessly since I got it, Roland has gone above and beyond to help me out with problems and even when my previous server was having a hard drive failure he managed to have all my data transfered and had me set up on a new server within a matter of hours. I can say nothing but good about JewlzK and It saddens me to see people walk away from this amazing host with a bad experience because Roland is a great person and his hosting services are second to none.
    sounds to good to be true to be honest. I have been talking to JVS about some of the problems and from what I heard Roland the so called admin could not fix anything.

All your posts are saying how great they are, and I reall think a mod should look into your account and whether you work for or are affiliated with jewlzk...
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TR Seeks
    All your posts are saying how great they are, and I reall think a mod should look into your account and whether you work for or are affiliated with jewlzk...
    I agree.

I wonder just how much he's getting paid, or getting added onto his service, to say that.
      0 Not allowed!

Im not in any way affiliated with or work for or related to JewlzK and you can go right ahead and investigate me as much as you like, I'm just trying to deffend Roland from this onslaught of attacks against him by voicing my own oppinions about his company and business practices.

Ben
    GodulousGN on AIM or admin (at) hosturfiles (dot) com if you wish to talk to me
    Admin and owner of Hosturfiles.com
    Proud and satisfied JewlzK customer
      0 Not allowed!

I Have to say that JewlzK.com does encourage people to Visit here on WHT and post good things about them, as they did to me when i first started hosting with them. I figured if i posted bad or negative i would get less support, or even have my whole account deleted, and so i just posted about them in a good way. Now however that i'm away from them, i can tell the TRUTH. JewlzK support team has no knowledge of anything related to the web hosting or Linux related world, their idea of "fixing" issues is to restart that service, and if that doesn't fix it, reboot the box -- common now, at least do the research on it, especially if it's an on-going issue, because obviously there is a real legit problem there.

Also to add to it all, it sure shouldn't take anyone almost 2 weeks to give someone access to their server in-which they have already paid the full month for, that is ridiculous. My honest advice to everyone is to stay as far away from JewlzK as possible.

Updates to come on my refund still as it hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Best Regards,

-Shaun
      0 Not allowed!

Just so you know, here is a conversation that transpired between me and Roland of JewlzK this morning in it's unedited (accept removing the link to this thread since the board didnt let me post that) and entire state. (I had been considering upgrading to a new dual core server since my site has been growing lately) I posted here entirely by free will and there is no benefit to me in doing this in any way, I simply don't think these posts really portrait JewlzK in its entireity, of course there may be a few negative comments here, but in all honesty, most people wouldn't be on a webhosting forum posting about their host if there wasn't any problems, they would just be enjoying the services and going on with their day.

JewlzK.com says:
    looks like that guy shaun cancelled moved his site to softlayer
    JewlzK.com says:
    so I should have that box available for you
    JewlzK.com says:
    lol
    JewlzK.com says:
    for your viewing pleasure.....(link to this page)

You have just sent a Nudge!

JewlzK.com says:
    supo
    ben says:
    hey
    ben says:
    in case your interested, i posted on that thread you linked me
    ben says:
    oh i almost forgot, good morning
    ben says:
    or.. good 3pm i guess lol
    JewlzK.com says:
    lol
    JewlzK.com says:
    thanks for the kind words man
    JewlzK.com says:
    I'm not gonna even bother replying on that thread
    JewlzK.com says:
    just gonna hope it dies down
    JewlzK.com says:
    lol
    ben says:
    yeah i figured as much considering you sent me the link and hadnt replied yet
    ben says:
    but i didnt want to let them trashtalk you like that
      0 Not allowed!

1. Unprofessional of him to be discussing anything with you, if you're not a staff with the company.

2. Sounds like a kid if you ask me.

3. Sought of it kind of weird that he wouldn't want to defend his own company, instead, allows you to come here in it's defense instead.

Don't know whether to portray that as ignorance (If I don't pay attention to the issue and it goes away, maybe it never happened), or maybe he doesn't think enough of his own company to try and defend it's image with the truth, if there is one.

I know, if someone was calling me an incompetent admin, I would definantly like to debunk that if different.
      0 Not allowed!

1. It was a bit apparenty considering theres a thread about it on his official forums which I frequent

http://www.jewlzk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638

2. Considering we talk fairly often he talks to me like a friend instead of some kind of robot, something I think alot of other companies are missing

3. He did'nt "allow" me to come here, I have the right to post where I like and when I like, just like the original poster who made this topic, however what Roland posts or where he defends himself is under his control and he chose not to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by CEngine
    1. Unprofessional of him to be discussing anything with you, if you're not a staff with the company.

2. Sounds like a kid if you ask me.

3. Sought of it kind of weird that he wouldn't want to defend his own company, instead, allows you to come here in it's defense instead.

Don't know whether to portray that as ignorance (If I don't pay attention to the issue and it goes away, maybe it never happened), or maybe he doesn't think enough of his own company to try and defend it's image with the truth, if there is one.

I know, if someone was calling me an incompetent admin, I would definantly like to debunk that if different.
      0 Not allowed!

It just all looks very fishy to me. If what you are saying is true well then jewlzk is bias to some of his "better" customers. Which is unproffesional.

I also know for a fact that Jewlzk hosts his servers at SL, a simple traceroute will show you that, and considering SL DO NOT colocate how did he setup a rack? He cant of been doing it and SL certainly dont take 2 weeks to setup!!!!

0 Not allowed!

C:\Documents and Settings\####>tracert jewlzk.com

Tracing route to jewlzk.com [38.100.80.201]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 12 ms 8 ms 8 ms 10.114.104.1
    3 142 ms 200 ms 205 ms ocnsaggc01-gex0914.sd.sd.cox.net [68.6.10.174]
    4 12 ms 8 ms 8 ms 68.6.8.80
    5 10 ms 9 ms 12 ms 68.6.8.108
    6 16 ms 8 ms 9 ms fed1dsrj01-get0500.rd.sd.cox.net [68.6.8.0]
    7 26 ms 30 ms 22 ms 68.1.0.235
    8 25 ms 21 ms 21 ms g11-2.core01.sjc04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.12
    .149]
    9 25 ms 23 ms 22 ms p9-0.core01.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.22
    9]
    10 26 ms 25 ms 25 ms p4-0.core01.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.94
    ]
    11 60 ms 57 ms 58 ms p14-0.core01.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.2
    37]
    12 58 ms 58 ms 57 ms g0-1.na01.b002576-1.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [38
    .20.34.54]
    13 56 ms 66 ms 59 ms zogmo.demarc.cogentco.com [38.99.213.114]
    14 59 ms 59 ms 58 ms spongebob.jewlzk.com [38.100.80.201]

Trace complete.

------------------------------------------------

Not sure how you deduct softlayer from that, but what i get out of it is zogmo
    which happens to have a location in Houston Texas.
      0 Not allowed!

I"ll have to go with JVS_Hosting on all the things Roland is just a scammer person who made me lost all my files i had a free hosting company hosted on one of his reseller but a huge reseller every 2 days i get suspended one day i got suspended for 5 days and in the suspension he comes up to me and says one of you account has been sending spam emails we will terminate your account in 24 hours do you want backup?

I said well if my accounts are still suspended then how they are sending emails but anyways ya sure i want backup and you can have the money for all the 25 days that left but please give me a backup and i"ll leave although you be saying false things.

The next day i asked him for a backup he said that one of his admins removed my site before he does the backup.

That's what got me pissed it wasn't overall a free hosting site it just gave some free hositng to people but it was also a paid hosting i refunded all my customers their money which cost me about 150-200 $ because some paid yearly and 6 month plan. Lost all my files clients. And lost everything.

Roland you cant always say be patient and you'll do everything and it takes you 5 days to do these things and you never do your not the only one with a business here if you would have been in my place or any other person place that have to wait for his server to get setup or his site to get backup and site get removed you'll be pissed i say you wake up man and treat customers the way you sops to

PS: I had one person who owned a reseller on his site and he was hosted on the same server as i was and he had the same problem but he was a forum hoster company of course after that person told me his problem in pm and said that roland wont give him backup. Roland found out and he gave him backup so he can get his rep up. Roland please treat people right
    i cant post the guys but he was on freewebspace.net i cant give any info because he wanted the stuff private because Roland wont give him his backup but i guess he did now

Enough typing i think i didnt make sence but oh well try to get it good luck JVS_Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Hmmm, he's already ready to give that box to someone else already huh? If i'm not mistaken, i still own that box for another 15 days, considering he will not refund me anything, and i hadn't gotten access to it. Or wait, maybe this is how he makes his money so fast, sell the same server to 2 people, piss off one, make him leave, don't refund his money, then sell it at the same price to someone else.. Scam?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by godulous
    Just so you know, here is a conversation that transpired between me and Roland of JewlzK this morning in it's unedited (accept removing the link to this thread since the board didnt let me post that) and entire state. (I had been considering upgrading to a new dual core server since my site has been growing lately) I posted here entirely by free will and there is no benefit to me in doing this in any way, I simply don't think these posts really portrait JewlzK in its entireity, of course there may be a few negative comments here, but in all honesty, most people wouldn't be on a webhosting forum posting about their host if there wasn't any problems, they would just be enjoying the services and going on with their day.

JewlzK.com says:
    looks like that guy shaun cancelled moved his site to softlayer
    JewlzK.com says:
    so I should have that box available for you
    JewlzK.com says:
    lol
    JewlzK.com says:
    for your viewing pleasure.....(link to this page)

You have just sent a Nudge!

JewlzK.com says:
    supo
    ben says:
    hey
    ben says:
    in case your interested, i posted on that thread you linked me
    ben says:
    oh i almost forgot, good morning
    ben says:
    or.. good 3pm i guess lol
    JewlzK.com says:
    lol
    JewlzK.com says:
    thanks for the kind words man
    JewlzK.com says:
    I'm not gonna even bother replying on that thread
    JewlzK.com says:
    just gonna hope it dies down
    JewlzK.com says:
    lol
    ben says:
    yeah i figured as much considering you sent me the link and hadnt replied yet
    ben says:
    but i didnt want to let them trashtalk you like that
      0 Not allowed!

http://www.bbb.org - File a complaint with them.

File a complaint with your payment issuing company.

File a complaint with your states attorney general.

Things will get done.. (Not quickly, but soon enough. Especially if Jewlzk is running off of no business license, that's a big fine, along with tax evasion).
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the tip's friend, i will take these steps and any other steps to try and recover my losses! Updates on the status to come.

http://www.bbb.org - File a complaint with them.

File a complaint with your payment issuing company.

File a complaint with your states attorney general.

Things will get done.. (Not quickly, but soon enough. Especially if Jewlzk is running off of no business license, that's a big fine, along with tax evasion).
      0 Not allowed!

Wel i've filled with Paypal for a dispute, and the outcome so far is stale. Roland claims that i have threatened his family, when that was not even the case. Common now I'm a respectable business man, not some kid that goes around making threats to people. It is now in paypal's hands, hopefully they will make the right decision. More updates to come.

P.S. : Softlayer.com is still doing a great service by me! I wish i would have went there a long time ago!

Regards,

-Shaun-
      0 Not allowed!

P.S. : Softlayer.com is still doing a great service by me! I wish i would have went there a long time ago!

Regards,

-Shaun-
    Softlayer is excellent. Make sure after you have been there for a few months to come back here on WHT and give us a review of them.
      0 Not allowed!

So, i knew this was coming as i've seen jewlzk do this before, launching DoS Attacks against opposing companies and previous clients of www.jewlzk.com, and yes i was asked to perform these actions too against opposing companies because of my extensive knowledge and skills in the world of Network Security. Jewlzk has his "Lackies" perform this task, some of them are his clients, some are friends. Just to give you a taste of what he has done so far, this is what i found when i got a notification from SoftLayer about ping fails and service failures in the past few days. I decided to grep out some logs which will remain nameless, to see what i could find. Here is some of the stuff that strikes me as odd;

This first attack comes from a VPS;
    Host: wvps212-241-200-196.vps.webfusion.co.uk [212.241.200.196]

212.241.200.196 - - [14/Dec/2006:09:35:46 -0500] "GET /w00tw00t.at.ISC.SANS.DFind HTTP/1.1" 400 419
    212.241.200.196 - - [14/Dec/2006:09:35:46 -0500] "GET /w00tw00t.at.ISC.SANS.DFind HTTP/1.1" 400 419

and ...

208.254.45.254 - - [13/Dec/2006:15:57:11 -0500] "\x80@\x01\x03" 501 -
    208.254.45.254 - - [13/Dec/2006:15:57:40 -0500] "\x80@\x01\x03" 501 -
    208.254.45.254 - - [13/Dec/2006:15:57:40 -0500] "\x80@\x01\x03" 501 -

The whois info for the above IP is ;

OrgName: UUNET Technologies, Inc.
    OrgID: UU
    Address: 22001 Loudoun County Parkway
    City: Ashburn
    StateProv: VA
    PostalCode: 20147

So with that said, make sure you keep an eye on your servers, this kid has gone over the edge, way way over the edge. The issues are currently being fixed as we speak, so this cant affect the server anymore, not that it did really anyways, they seem to not really know what they are doing, as is expected of "skiddies" (script kiddies). The server automatically recovers in a few seconds anyways.

Best Regards,

-Shaun-
      0 Not allowed!

Sir, I'm not completely sure what your motivation is for trashing JewlzK like this, however I find all the allegations extremely hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos12
    Ya jewlzk sucks they give you alots of BW and if you used 1 % of thier cpu they suspend your account and termainte it like i had hosting accounts he suspended them and then the next day he came to me saying you subdomains is cuasing spam emails and my whole eniter account is suspended how can they spam while they cant access thier site

Hes a scam stay away from jewlzk.com

one is mine
    Shared hosting clients shouldn't be using more than a max 5% of the CPU, as any provider would agree to. Server resource allotments are stated in section 7.2 of JewlzK's TOS.
    Last edited by Tree NC; 12-14-2006 at 04:29 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

edit: thought that above post was for me, sorry lol. I'm just so stressed out over all of this.
      0 Not allowed!

The top portion of my post was for you. Bottom half was not.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tree NC
    The top portion of my post was for you. Bottom half was not.

Ok then in that case i suggest you read my first post on page one of this topic, then perhaps you can understand my points better. I'm not trashing anyone here, i'm simply warning other people of this provider, so they don't have the same issues i did, because i wouldn't wish that not even on my worst enemy.
      0 Not allowed!

As far as I can tell, you have not posted any proof that any of this is even going on. Text can easily be changed, "logs" doctored, etc.

However, if you've found solace at SoftLayer, congratulations.
      0 Not allowed!

Tree, are you a staff/client of jewelsk?
      0 Not allowed!

I was a client with JewlzK for well over a year, and had several different packages. I now do contract work for JewlzK.
      0 Not allowed!

Then you are really in no position to talk like you are a staff representative of Jewlzk then do you?

Contract worker or not, you're in no position to ask him to provide proof of anything going on. If there is something funky going on and the two of them are contradicting themselves constantly (I doubt), then the moderators would take care of it.
      0 Not allowed!

I have been JVS's admin and friend through all of this and I have checked the logs and seen what is going on, so just to back him up, he is not lieing.

0 Not allowed!

Then you are really in no position to talk like you are a staff representative of Jewlzk then do you?
    you tell em!

I really do hope all gets worked out.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast