DreamHost or Site5

I own the website imgtube.com. Can anyone give me advice on wether to use Site5($5/mo) or DreamHost($.95/mo). I am expecting to get around 50GB bandwidth per month. Thanks.

Hi!
    Welcome to WHT

I suggest you to use the search http://webhostingtalk.com/search.php on this forum about this 2 hosts, I think that you're going to discard site5 after that
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    Hi!
    Welcome to WHT

I suggest you to use the search http://webhostingtalk.com/search.php on this forum about this 2 hosts, I think that you're going to discard site5 after that
    Agreed, follow his advice! I cannot speak first hand, but I feel like site5 may be a better choice (I seem to recall seeing quite a few complains about dreamhost posted here recently)
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean
    Agreed, follow his advice! I cannot speak first hand, but I feel like site5 may be a better choice (I seem to recall seeing quite a few complains about dreamhost posted here recently)
    You "agreed", but you are saying the exact opposite of what Jedito is saying .

I was with site5 for 3 years: support is not a feature there any more, so I would not recommend it
    Gonzalo
    "To venture is to risk one's life; not to venture is to lose one's reason to live"

I use DreamHost and I'm happy.

They just added another feature, too.
    https://media.dreamhost.com/

But you should not expect perfect no-downtime hosting with DH.
    They don't have redundant webserver setup.
    Although they seem to be pretty quick in regular and other maintenances,
    it means there will be downtime, just like any other traditional hosts.

Among the low budget hosts, Servage.net, for example, has redundant clustered setup.

If you go for site5, please check if they are using RAID storage and report back.
    Last time I checked, they were not using any redundant storage solution,
    other than nightly backup that occasionally caused server slow down.
    (I think they have already solved that problem, though.)

Both has user forum, but DreamHost in more open, I would say.
    I know some users/employees of site5 and they are nice people.
    But I didn't like their TOS and some other aspects, and I didn't choose them.

I've seen more complaints about Site5 compared to DreamHost. But if your budget allows, I would recommend finding a more reliable web hosting company that does not oversell.

Try searching www.hostsearch.com

There are like a million of posts comparing DH and Site5. So it would be easy for you to get some research done.

In my opinion (from reading WHT) this two host have similar kind of business models (correct me if I am wrong) ie overselling more than they should. I personally had some experience with Site5 a few months back. Back then the support was still good but uptime was not good enough eventhough I have been compensated on a few occasions. Overall, it was not a bad one.

As extras mentioned, the guys at Site5 were friendly while I was there. People like Brendan (who participated in this thread also), and Steve (over at their forum) are nice and helpful bunch of guys.

Over all, I think they are a similar kind of hosts so just pick one. Just that I don't have hands on experience with DH thus my recommendation is based on reading about DH and Site5 here and a few months of hosting with Site5.

Good luck
    Roi

Neither. Site5 used to be good, Dreamhost is massively overselling. Like what everyone suggested, do your search in the forum

Zac
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Is dreamhost goodor tgp galleries witch listed on thehun.net

Is "tgp" an adult thing?
    If so, I recommend servage.net.
    I've used them a few years ago, and there were many adult sites hosted with them.

And also I don't want DreamHost to be too crowded with adult sites.
    I try to recruite good neighbors.

site5 offer too good to be true compare to DH. I've been using DH before and my advice, move out your site to VPS/Dedicated if you're gooing to reach their bandwith limit.

Been using Site5 for over a year now, I can say at lest it wasn't boring , things seems to have normalized for now but as my websites grow I'll probably have to go for VPS in the future.
    Vojska.net - wargaming, military history
    World of photography - everything about photography

My Dreamhost account is running and running and they still add very nice features. But i am not sure if you should use the given limits to the max like said above.

My Site5 Experience was not so good. Many promises, big words but not much more...

They are both bad hosts. Don't waste your time. Get a more liable host. I use asmallorange.com look at there prices and specs. They are crazy like dreamhost and site5. You pay them peanuts you get monkeys!

What they said already....

A friend used to promote Site5 to his newsletter readers, but just bailed out of Site5, explaining to his readers he can no longer recommend Site5. This friend is a very reasonable, technically experienced person. If he can't make it there, not sure who could.