Support at ThePlanet

Site loads quickly for me. Have you checked the DNS Records for webmail, and looked at the logs for any information as to why e-mail is not working? Also have you tried restarting the smtp daemon?

The above is the answer I got from theplanet's techs in response to my query of a slow server and dead webmail and non-response from my email client. They call that support?

Are you in their management plan or not?

If not, then you need to fix it by yourself.

Net
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

I would suggest you do that too,there are many causations for server slow and dead webmail,you should know what the problem is clearly for support.

I take it when you attempted those tasks and they did not work? Anyhow, it sounds like a very reasonable answer coming from a tech staff.

Lane

Quote Originally Posted by net
    Are you in their management plan or not?

If not, then you need to fix it by yourself.

Net
    Yes. I have their Gold Plan, which is supposed to provide I think up to an hour of time per month.

When a rare problem crops up (and they have been rare), doing something is a lot better than saying what you should do without providing any guidance.

Anyone have the recipe for this? I surely don't. That's why I have the Gold Plan...hmmmm.

Gold Plan isnt a managed services plan - it's an entry level plan. If you need them to look in to something, you need to specifically tell them to use your 1 hour of admin time to review what you perceive to be wrong.

They're response was fine. Have you done what they asked?

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by sirius
    Gold Plan isnt a managed services plan - it's an entry level plan. If you need them to look in to something, you need to specifically tell them to use your 1 hour of admin time to review what you perceive to be wrong.

They're response was fine. Have you done what they asked?

Sirius
    Done what they ask? I would have if I had a clue what they were telling me.

I have been spoiled by a true managed plan by another host of hosts. After experiencing their Gold Plan, I'd be afraid of trying another. They do provide up to one hour a month, and now I know enough to let them know from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by colden

I have been spoiled by a true managed plan by another host of hosts. After experiencing their Gold Plan, I'd be afraid of trying another. They do provide up to one hour a month, and now I know enough to let them know from the outset.
    You may need fully management for your server because you are no familiar with server admin

Quote Originally Posted by colden

It sounds like you need a server management company to assist you with managing the server.

Take a look at www.rack911.com or www.platinumservermanagement.com. They are two good operations who can help you with your server.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I got used to Alabanza. Not cheap, but great support.