Thread: my first design

my first design

this is my first! price doesn't matter at the moment, but if you would like to make an offer please send it to

admin@importcustoms.com

hope you like

View it HERE

ANOTHER ONE!

View it HERE
    Last edited by importcustom; 06-24-2002 at 12:39 AM.

I see a designer on the right track

I know it's not the Website Reviews forum, but:
    If you want to improve your template, I'd suggest that you fill out the white space with... well, something other than white
    Maybe even some more links could help too?

Best of luck with your template...
    Andreas @ DA Host
    DA Host - www.dahost.com
    Reliable Hosting · Affordable Prices · Superior Support

Thanks for the support, I'll create more, hopefully they will get better as i create more!!!

THX again
    ThunderBirdNest.com

I'll definately be looking forward to your designs

Be sure to visit this forum frequently because you'll get a lot of inspiration.
    Andreas @ DA Host
    DA Host - www.dahost.com

good luck m8, i am also new to designing templates. i have 1 question to all template makers, you kno when you have the user name/pass area. well, are those just text box things, or does the template have to have a script for that? i dont understand this at the moment. thanks for any help..

I just made it a text box area, at the moment, if someone plans on buying ill change it around!
    ThunderBirdNest.com

The user/pass boxes are text fields that contains the info you put into them and when you click submit, the text (username/passwoed) will be sent to a script which processes the info it has got from your user/pass box.

Is this the A for your Q?
    Andreas @ DA Host
    DA Host - www.dahost.com

what i meant was in the template, do we have to script the text box or just leave it a text box and the person who buy's it configures it?

Oh, I see...

Well, if it's a template you probably want to leave it as it is. If you were selling a complete design, you might wanted to make sure it worked. However you don't know where to direct the info the user/pass box collects (could be to Ensim, CPanel, whatever), so trying to direct the input will probably just be a waste of time.
    Andreas @ DA Host
    DA Host - www.dahost.com

For inspiration (or just to see some cool designs), I'd suggest checking R. K. ****'s designs (protinium.net)- they're really awesome

Just remember: There is a difference between inspiration and copyright infringement.
    Andreas @ DA Host
    DA Host - www.dahost.com

thats, exactly what i needed to kno, too bad i cant post a pic of my site, i need a host. badly.

Nice design! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Just added another one please check it out!
    ThunderBirdNest.com

Re: my first design

Originally posted by importcustom

View it HERE
    [/URL]
    I hate when people use this forum as a 'review forum' when reviews aren't asked for. That said, I have a suggestion (see how I changed the wording)...

There are some general traditional graphic design rules that can help your designs. One of them is never to use more than 1-2 font types without a good reason (arial and a large serif font for some attention getting for example). The other is not to use more than 1-2 font sizes without a reason (font size 10-12 point with that serif font at 24 or even 48 if the design warrants it for example).

Regarding the other template, my own personal rule is never use Times Roman for anything, but if you must, don't use it for headings.

You're certainly off to a good start and if you need inspiration, check out some of the award sites for print design (the web ones are good too, however some print design examples might give you some interesting ideas as well, and they are easier to read when your in the bathroom. No dragging monitors...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Pretty good for being your first...

I hate when people use this forum as a 'review forum' when reviews aren't asked for.
    What would you prefer?
    1) An almost empty thread, or
    2) A thread a bit off topic, but with good advice for importcustoms on how to improve his designs?
    Anyway... If importcustoms hasn't got any bids for his designs, I see no problem in moving this thread to the Website Reviews forum...

The second design is a step forward. Keep up the good work.
    Andreas @ DA Host
    DA Host - www.dahost.com

Thank you all for the support!! as of now I have not received any bids, but thats ok, they are only my first templates!! I'll be working harder, to get some better ones

THANKS for the support!!
    ThunderBirdNest.com

Originally posted by lets.pretend
    What would you prefer?
    Well, in all honesty, I should have kept my big fingers errr... shut, and not given suggestions in and ad thread, but yes, sometimes a bit of suggestion isn't a bad thing (hopefully).
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken