Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Burst.net [merged]

Anyone else noticing burst.net down?? What a bad time for this for us..

Yeah I am down here. Let's give it a few and see what's happening. I was just logged into a server.

Yea, its been down for about 10 mins now.

Just called, they dont know why its down or have an eta for it to be back up.

Yeah, in Brazil burst.net and nocster.com are down.

We are aware of the issue, and are working to resolve it as quickly as we can.

yep. lets hope it dosent stay offline for too long.

bleh, I just signed up with burst too. I was a customer there two years ago. The 12 hr outage they had when the fiber was cut made me move on. Hopefully this is only a few more mins.

Have also been down now for 30mins+

2 servers Down from Colombia too

We're also down.

Me too down form UAE
    I've over 6 servers there

Our servers are also down

My servers also down - for more than 40 minutes now.

Please, burst.net, let us know when you know what the problem is and an ETA as soon as possible.

An ETA would be nice - or at least some idea of the problem - it's been an hour since my first notice and the telephone calls are coming in and I've got nothing more than "we know about the problem" to pass along to my customers.

Im glad I looked on here as my ones are down too, been about 40mins now !!

Our Burst/Nocster servers are down > 1hr now.

Anyone heard an update from Burst?

I assume it's going to be back in around 30 minutes. Usually outages that take longer than 5 minutes take around 1 to 1.5 hours.

Anyone heard anything from Burst.net ??

Thanks
    Daniel

Ours have been down as well. This is not good timing as we have just released some new content that we have advertised as being up...

Update: Issue appears to be on the Commonwealth Telephone (CTSI) network. Network engineers are currently working on the issue. As soon as exact details are known, we will provide you with further information.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET
    Update: Issue appears to be on the Commonwealth Telephone (CTSI) network. Network engineers are currently working on the issue. As soon as exact details are known, we will provide you with further information.
    Isn't there a failover or redundancy to get past that?

Thanks for the update - now that's something I can give to my customers.

Quote Originally Posted by hostpc.com
    Isn't there a failover or redundancy to get past that?
    I would think the same thing..?

Our servers are downtime to more than the 1:30 hs.

<< Isn't there a failover or redundancy to get past that? >>

Yes, we purchase fully redundant capacity from them---two completely different fiber paths and entrances from our facility in Scranton all the way to our POP in Philadelphia. Our equipment is showing healthy at both locations/ends.

This issue has us quite concerned as well, as an outage should not have occured on their network due to this redundancy. We have seen our service in the past switch over to the redundant path during a previous issue, but why that has not occured here we do not know yet. Our immediate concern is restoring service, and afterwards rest assured we will get to the bottom of that.

UPDATE: We have just received confirmation from CTSI that the issue is on their end. They are reporting multiple clients are affected with outages. They are currently working to correct the issue.

We will update you as further information becomes available.

Thanks for the update

Thanks for the update.. lets hope this is fixed soon.

Do the guys from CTSI have an ETA ? It's been lasting for around 2 hours I think.

We just passed the 2 hr mark for downtime... do we have an ETA yet?

This "redundancy" issue isn't giving me warm-fuzzy feelings.

This happened a couple of years ago with nocster, was >10hrs of downtime.

Should be 2.5 hours so far... Maybe Burst should use another backup ISP for redundancy purposes. If you are taking both lines from the same ISP you will run into issues like this.

<< This happened a couple of years ago with nocster, was >10hrs of downtime. >>

We have since overhauled the network and added redundancy to prevent against such an occurence. That redundancy has protected our network from outages multiple times since it was installed, outages which have occured without loss of service to our client base.

Obviously this is a failure of our carrier to deliver the redundancy properly that we have been paying for in this instance---but the reason why is not known yet. We will be getting to the bottom of that once service is restored, and take neccessary steps to prevent such an occurence again with this carrier, or add an additional carrier if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET
    << This happened a couple of years ago with nocster, was >10hrs of downtime. >>

We have since overhauled the network and added redundancy to prevent against such an occurence. That redundancy has protected our network from outages multiple times since it was installed, outages which have occured without loss of service to our client base.

Obviously this is a failure of our carrier to deliver the redundancy properly that we have been paying for in this instance---but the reason why is not known yet. We will be getting to the bottom of that once service is restored, and take neccessary steps to prevent such an occurence again with this carrier, or add an additional carrier if need be.
    Does your ISP have an ETA yet (or any comments that allow to make assumptions at least)

<< Maybe Burst should use another backup ISP for redundancy purposes. If you are taking both lines from the same ISP you will run into issues like this. >>

There should not be if they are completely redundant fiber paths, equipment, entrances, etc...as we are paying for there to be. It is the same as having two completely different carriers, but we just pay the bill to the same company and have the same support/tech contacts. This level of redundancy has protected us successfully during the past 2+ years, but has failed us for yet unknown reasons during this issue today. We will be looking into implementing further/different redundancy due to this outage, with an alternate carrier.

Is this going / looking to b e another 5-12 hr outage?

UPDATE: CTSI has confirmed a fiber cut in the Philadelphia region. Engineers are currently working to repair the issue.

Why our service has not switched to the redundant path/route as it has done so in the past is being investigated.

Ahh, so same exact issue of 2 years ago I must be bad luck, I canceled then because the outage was >10hrs. I signed back up last week and its happening again.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast