Thread: FYI... Dotster

FYI... Dotster

It seems that Dotster has finally caught up with many other registrars and now offers a Domain Lock feature. They now offer two options which I stumbled on when logging in to my account today. One is Transfer Lock which does just that. The other is NameSafe which locks the ability to transfer and the ability to change any contact information. The second feature costs $10/year but Transfer Lock is Free.

I thought I'd post this in case anyone missed this change since I never received anything from Dotster explaining the new services.
    - Mark

yeah I noticed that yesterday!

Thats a good idea.
    It helps to fight back those vulturous letters where people are informed their domain is about to expire (even when it isn't) and all they have to do is pay the $29 to renew it. Unbeknownst to the renwer, paying them authorises a transfer to the sleazy registrar.
    Kinda like how we have to put a lock on our long distance provider to keep the vultures from "slamming" us.
    I think Companys that practice this type of "account stealing" need to be closed down.

It's not easy to close down Verisign like that.

Originally posted by ATST
    ....I think Companys that practice this type of "account stealing" need to be closed down.
    -Zain-
    You should have received an email, letter or a pm from me by now if you were a client of InfoDoma or related to it. If not, let me know via pm.Thanks.

thee getting sued by dotster or another company

Both BulkRegister and GoDaddy have filed suits against Verisign's "marketing" techniques.

lately, verisign agreed to stop this practice....