Lunarpages as dedicated managed hosting?

Hi,

in addition to another topic , do you have any experience with Lunarpages? We just have bought 1 month sevice to try; the figures are impressive, the support - so far, it depends who you'll catch.

But what is the darkes spot for me - how it'll behave under load? From google search, it's very cheap and very popular; have not find really negative reviews (about performance/bandwidth degradation, etc.) At the same time, they do not offer SLA about bandwidth/downtime. Also, as we're located in Australia, here it's significantly slower, compared to local web hoster - don't know how it looks from the USA.

What site are you testing with them? I can try to pull it up from the US.
    Patrick K. HendersonSales Manager
    LiquidWeb.com
    StormOnDemand.com
    Twitter: LW_Patrick

Hello,

Lunar pages is a leading webhosting company in the hositng world. Hosting with them is a good experience since they provide better services than any other hosting companies. there are also other hosting companies which provides better packages and services, but lunar pages is a leader.

I would say you have made a wise choice.

Thank you.

Regards,

They offer managed service for only additional 9.99$ / month.. how much "managed" is their managed service?
    ''I wouldn’t mind going to jail if I had three cellmates who played bridge.'' (Warren Buffett)

Bashing isn't very nice...

In any event, this is taken straight from the FAQ which pretty sums up a lot of it...

Free setup of APF Firewall and Root Kit Check on the server

Up to date notifications of exploits on popular third party software

Upgrades of kernels, php, apache and administration panels for security per user authorization (we will send notice and you can decide if you want the upgrade to be performed)

Monitoring of your server through Lunarpages’ internal monitoring tools

Unlimited reboots of your server if it becomes unresponsive

One free third party script installation per billing year*

Free installation of upgraded control panel*

Free installation of Resin if needed*

Free setup of remote backups** *does not include any licensing of third party software if required

**does not include over 2GB storage space if needed

Basically, we help you monitor your server since not everyone can be awake 24/7.

Should any issues arise, rest assured; the monitoring tools will assist us in warning us in advance if anything comes up and most times we'll have corrected the issue before you could notice one!

Anyway, I hope this helps!

P.S. If this is against posting rules, my apologies and feel free to edit/rm my post if needed.
    Last edited by Ant_S; 12-18-2006 at 09:48 PM.

Thank you Ant_S.

Is that what can be called a "proactive management"?
    ''I wouldn’t mind going to jail if I had three cellmates who played bridge.'' (Warren Buffett)

Visit their forum and blog and you'll see what kind of company LunarPages is. It seems a true family. I never saw such a thing, and I'm here for "some" time now.
    They are really dedicated to their customers. To me this is worth a lot, not just the webhosting itself.

Good luck
    Around two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors.
    NunoAlex.com explains my expertise & how I can help you.
    Contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by Affiliate7
    Visit their forum and blog and you'll see what kind of company LunarPages is. It seems a true family. I never saw such a thing, and I'm here for "some" time now.
    They are really dedicated to their customers. To me this is worth a lot, not just the webhosting itself.

Good luck
    I agreed. I also planning to move my website and host with them. I heard almost all positive comments coming from them. They started since 29 march 2001. Its a long journey for hosting co. I think they have matured

I've experienced their webhosting in the past and their support is nothing short of amazing.

LunarPages at your own risk

Had to move web hosting companies when our new website went to windows/asp/mysql.

Did a lot of researched and settled on LunarPages - was about their reviews more than their pricing. Now we regret it.

Since we signed up in November, seems like we've had some sort of outage almost every other week. Right now my email server is down for the third time in the past 8 days (really). Here's what I have documented:
    - 12 "significant" outages of either website, email, or both since November of at least 1/2 business day.
    - We've had to move servers twice because the servers weren't performing and they had no long term fixes (was told problems with too much spam on the servers I was on).
    - Each time the servers were bounced for whatever reason, they did it during business hours without notice. Each time took at least 4 hours during the business day. Meanwhile, we spend several thousand dollars/day on SEM so we threw away a chunk of money because there was no notification.
    - On 8 occasions, the emails that were sent to me during the outage were lost forever. I was told by service dept that not all servers have software to capture these emails. I've received emails on 4 occasions.

From one blog site, the guy admits that he gets commission from LunarPages (and two others) when people sign up through his site. Wonder how this affects the reviews that are plastered all over the internet?

From one blog site, the guy admits that he gets commission from LunarPages (and two others) when people sign up through his site. Wonder how this affects the reviews that are plastered all over the internet?
    Can you give us the address of this one guy, so we can see if he's represented on WHT?
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

whreviews.com is the site.

Excerpts from his site:
    Also, out of 16 web hosting companies selected so far (they used to be 13 which was a far more interesting number), I only receive commissions for referred sales from 3 companies. I consider that you, my visitor, deserve my complete sincerity, so I will tell you their names: The are Hostgator which I've been using for over 3 years with excellent results, LunarPages, and Downtownhost.

Why is WHReviews.com better?
    There are lots of websites on the Internet: all sorts of hosting reviews websites that talk about or collect web hosting reviews, sites posting all kinds of ratings, or top 10 or top 20 web hosting companies lists. If you spend a little bit of time comparing those lists, you'll see that most recommend the same companies.
    You might think: "That's normal. It means those are really the best!". Unfortunately, no! The reason that the same companies always make it to the "top" is that those companies, one way or another, pay to be listed there.
    Most of the time I run across a so-called "top web hosting companies list", all of the companies listed as being "in the top" run an affiliate program through Commission Junction. No, there's nothing wrong with Commission Junction.
    It's a known fact though, that the web hosting companies running their affiliate programs through Commission Junction offer among the highest affiliate commissions in the hosting industry. So, some "clever" guys thought about it: why not create websites with "top web hosting companies" lists and list these companies as "top"?
    The really wrong part comes just now though: they don't rank them based on the quality of service (although they claim to), but more on the *size* of the commission. The companies offering the highest commissions usually get the top spots.

value of the truth now days :/

Anyhow the guy lists good companies and only gets commission from 3 of those companies. I don't see anything wrong with that.