The Myth of Shared Hosting

Just wondering how many of you used all of your allotted bandwidth.

If you pay $8/m for 500 gigs, then how much is the company losing(hardware, bw, employees, rent,....)?

That's like banning sumos from buffets.

Most hosting companies oversell their bandwidth, because they know the majority of customers will never come close to those amounts. It's a good selling point. I suspect they would be in trouble if all of their customers actually used 500 GB every month.

I personally have never exceeded or even come close to reaching such high figures of bandwidth in a month.

Under Your Skin
    I remember when I was looking for hosting and *needed* at least 100 GB. I found a company (I've been with since 2003) but they only had 30 GB (at the time). Anyways, I figured I would go with them and move to a bigger plan later.

Well, I've managed to hit close to 20 gb, but never over. I think most people buy into the hype, without knowing how much data they need. Then, when you look around and see all these oversellers, you think, I need that much!

I found one host that offers 999 GIGS of Transfer and 50 GIGS of Disk Storage for $7 a month... think I'm lying?

Give me a freaking break....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!