Looking For A Shoping Cart/Merchant Solution To Do Monthly Charges

Hello all, I am in need of a shopping cart and merchant solution that allows me to create automated monthly charges, as well as one time charges as well. I have heard about Google CheckOut, but I am not exactly sure they have what I require, any other recommendations? I would like to stay away from PayPal.

I need to take, Visa, Mastercard, and Amex.

Thanks

Have you tried OScommerce? (oscommerce.com)
    It's pretty good and it's open source, so it's totally free
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in France and Canada
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

OSCommerce appears to be the ticket, super cool it is open source.

With the merchant solution - what country are you in? If you are in the United States, you have quite a few choices for you as well as a few different electronic payment gateways (like LinkPoint, Verisign's Payflow Services, and Authorizenet.com).

Are you wanting automated recurring billing? Some gateways charge for this service while others do not. Are you wanting a virtual terminal - if so, then a merchant account is usually required for this.

Yeah, I am in the United States. I think I am leaning toward using oscommerce as my shopping cart, but I need to still decided on a payment gateway.

What is the best, or some of the best gateways in general? There are bunch out there. The majority of my transactions will be one time, though I need the ability to setup automatic reocurring charges monthly, with the option to charge a single one time setup fee. Thanks for any advice.

What is a virtual terminal though?

A Virtual Terminal is basically web access to your merchant account via your browser by which you can charge your customer's credit cards and perform refunds and set up re-occurring billing.

My suggestion would be to first make your final decision on which cart software you are going to use BEFORE you decide on a gateway. Unless you decide to use a common gateway such as Authorize.net or CDGCommerce there is a chance that you can choose a gateway that is not supported by your cart software. Just a thought.

-Dave