X1services..the truth

Hi!
    Well..I thought this little problem I was having with x1services was over. Nope.

However..this speaks volumes..doesn't it?

http://www.x1services.com/support.html

I made the mistake of signing up for one of his free trial vps's many, many moons ago. I asked it to be cancelled..but he decided he would prefer to bill me forever for it.

Sadly...the cancel message he never got? I had a email in my inbox not ten minutes asking for the server to be cancelled complaining about...you guessed it...services suddenly failing becuase the license had been removed. Nice, huh?

Here's just what came today:

X1services lease Payment: Invoice 2727 $48.99
    X1services lease Payment: Invoice 2542 $48.99
    X1services lease payment: Invoice 2353 $48.99
    X1services lease payment: Invoice 2152 $48.99
    X1services lease payment: Invoice 1938 $48.99

Sad..ain't it? I guess he'll just continue to bill me for it forever.

The checkcard has been cancelled many moons ago too...and I've already had a talk with netbank about it..he'll never get a dime.

Bryon
    Last edited by bryonhost1; 12-04-2006 at 04:21 PM.
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

do such shady setups actually have any customers?

ulysseNL

Try this one.

http://www.x1support.com/index.php

I hope it helps

well, at least they trust themselves . . .

ulysseNL

I have open tickets on http://www.x1support.com/index.php since 09 Nov 2006 09:19 AM, and no reply at all

I guess I should move to another provider, would not like to see what would happen if server crashes and support isn't anywhere near....

Bryon

People should read the other topics on the forum...regarding X1services

There are heaps of negative posts regarding this provider.

Hi!
    I know. All of it happened *after* I signed up too.

Ohhh...and not to forget about the "X1services down" thread in the "outages" section. That was horrible..no communication at all...nothing.

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

Most other reviews on them are about bad support, etc. Sorry to hear that and hope everything can get resolved .
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

having a simliar problem canceling services, I came here and saw darins last activity was on the 11th (of this month), but obivously no activity in support emails or skype! (hehe). servers should have been cancelled about 2 weeks ago and still going!

Cancel paypal subscription or do a chargeback on any dispute transaction that you think shouldn't be made.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

well luckly, no subscriptions, I always did manual paypal payment, but do not want to now be accused of non-payment, because HE wont turn off my services.

After a while of getting no response on support tickets, I sent an email requesting X1 to cancel my service, but didn't get any response from X1... The invoice came few days ago, but I refused to pay it.
    The VPS I used @ X1 is still up, but I moved everything from it to another provider before I canceled the service...
    Same as you drumman, I wouldn't like to be accused for non-payment, but looks like there's no one around to cancel it...

Well as long as you submit a ticket @ the support desk and you get the automated response, That should be enough to prove you requested a cancellation. Yes - i already have a new vps over @ futurehosting.biz wow are they great! actualy a team, I emailed them various points for presale questions, one at like 8pm, some at like 11pm, all responded UNDER 5 minutes, and that was before im a customer! Their support is great (no problems, but just standard server setup) a few of the links on x1services.com new site dont work, the ones up top to be exact.

Thanks for the info drumman.

Their site looks dodgy enough

They billed me one more month aswell after I properly cancelled and to date Darin hasn't refunded me, not big deal though, if scamming $7.99 from me makes them feel happy then so be it.

Mini

Just got off the phone with my credit card company about a charge from x1services after I'd cancelled my account with them. The CC company said I can't dispute the charge until x1 has had thirty days to refund me.

I just hope they don't charge me again in a month and start this all over.

Hi!
    That is why I love checkcards and multiple bank accounts. Not only are checkcards a breeze to cancel and reorder...but with multiple checking accounts *small to medium size* scumbags can't go in and get money when they're not suppose to. Now...this doesn't always work with the big ones..AOL..for example.

AOL can overdraft a account if they are in the mood. Happily..I will never have another AOL account ever again. it's called a force pay..and only the big boys can do it. Sadly..the banks kinda forgot to tell us about this when they issued the checkcards. Disputing a checkcard charge is a major pain, though. Real credit cards are much easier to dispute false charges...but from what I've been hearing lately..not always.

Yesterday's example? Stargate.com went in 12 days early and tried to get $$$ that was not due them. They got nothing. At this rate..it looks like they will continue to get nothing...as they seem to have a problem even keeping the written agreements of theirs..much less their worthless verbal ones.

Bottom line: Some people can't be trusted with a real credit card...period.

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

Its Amazing!!!!

After weeks of trying, day by day, I finally received an answer on Skype!!!! I msged x1services, and spoke to a guy named Mark. So now, my services have been canceled. So all of you know- they claim they hope to have it all sorted by new years, so just so you know - because as you know if you 've seen my other posts, I was not happy either, but I FINALLY got a response from someone!

So all of you know- they claim they hope to have it all sorted by new years,
    Good to here mate....but they didn't tell you which New Year..2007 or 2017

LOL..just a funny note- as I did speak to Mark, well supposedly mark and not darin, the vps is still up! Oh well, does not bother me, I did not pay, so its their job to cancel it !