Netfirms Entreprise plans?

What is it exactly? It sure isn't VPS. Maybe some sort of shared hosting with higher CPU allowance over several clustered servers?

Any one tried it?

hmm at first glance it appears to be basically shared hosting, but with only a few accounts per server
    would be my guess anyway

noremorecraphosts,

I've tested (and had to use, sniff) their support in the past and it wasn't all that exceptional.

I do NOT have very thorough experience with them so don't base everything off my post.

If you're not after support netfirms does seem to have decent uptime, decent bandwidth and nice pricing.

Best of luck with the hunt!

Yeah, their support is half of the time "copy and paste" and answer one request among several. It's like Powweb. RegFly on the other hand is much better, but their own system sucks!

It's freaking difficult to find one that has both... are you guys in the same boat?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorecraphosts
    It's freaking difficult to find one that has both... are you guys in the same boat?
    I abandoned that ship long ago.
    I was once in the same place though -- all of the choices were insufficient from what I could see.

There's all too many clients in the industry who will sacrifice support and quality for more resources, cheaper rates and downtime.

The problem is the majority of providers 'met' those needs and those of us who wanted quality were either forced to shell out big bucks or accept the crap.

These days there's a few decent providers within the budget market but it all depends on what you're willing to sacrifice.

Note: As far as 'regfly' being decent, ick! Unlikely.

I know someone who just spent about two weeks attempting to get someone with a brain at RegFly to respond about their domain name system that accidentally let several of his domains expire.

Yeah... it's hard to find a rep a regfly who can handle difficult cases. I've been overcharged by them and it never was resolved. Gotta move out...

I'd love to hear more about the Netfirms Enterprise plan, if there are any lurkers who have used it for awhile now! I'm about to upgrade another site of mine from their Advantage plan to an Enterprise plan, but I'd really like to hear more experiences with it first.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Try to search Google. There seems to be a quite a few sites that did a review on their plans.
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

Doh! Thanks, don't know why I didn't think of that!

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalWebDan
    I'd love to hear more about the Netfirms Enterprise plan, if there are any lurkers who have used it for awhile now! I'm about to upgrade another site of mine from their Advantage plan to an Enterprise plan, but I'd really like to hear more experiences with it first.
    Just curious; how do you like their Advantage plan and customer support?

I'm thinking of utilizing them, but on their Enterprise level ($49.95) plan. Don't know much about "Clustered Server" technology. Is that better than VPS / Dedicated?

The plan is Ok. I'm not too impressed with the email service (oftentimes does not work) or the support. Both are pretty subpar. Uptime is excellent, though.

Unfortunately, I have not yet had the chance to upgrade to the Enterprise plan, so I have no comment there yet.

Well I am hosting like 10 domains at Netfirms using their Advantage plan. I have did not really experience the webmail, but it seems all emails are being received. As for their support, yeah it takes some time to reply sometimes few days, but I didn't really need it since I know my way around. The plan is pretty much good. The only thing I didn't like much there was their control panel, I would've preferred Plesk or Ensim instead of their own. I didn't have the chance either for an Enterprise account but if it's like the Advantage Plan I am willing to try it.

Question: Netfirms Enterprise plans?
    Answer: No!
    Reason: you are on the same setup as the rest of the plans, it's slow, even a wordpress blog with no visitors loads slow (WHEN it loads, cause it doesn't all the time).
    P.S: on a benchmark I haven't seen it go pass 13hits per second ...
    Got Fused?

Maybe some sort of shared hosting with higher CPU allowance over several clustered servers?
    Overselling companies usually have a strict limit on CPU usage, I doubt that you will find that they have it any different. Although I have not had any experience with them, I have read reviews on their servers being slow. You might want to search for reviews before making your final choice