Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wiresix,

he may be a new salesman and not aware of such issue.
    current and satisfied customer of softlayer.com and webnx.com

I am not a salesperson, and I am aware of that outage over a year ago. Since you have one server still at Sago, then you can probably let others know how Sago's network uptime has been since the core upgrade problem was resolved.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

Quote Originally Posted by dspkable
    I am not a salesperson, and I am aware of that outage over a year ago. Since you have one server still at Sago, then you can probably let others know how Sago's network uptime has been since the core upgrade problem was resolved.

I can't really comment on the network, our remaining system uses less than 5GB/month in transfer and is used primarily for number crunching.

Random charges and price increases with no notice aren't to be expected. 72 hour outages and massive packet loss aren't to be expected.

Network outages happen, even big ones. They applied SLA credits as nessecary and we went on about our business and ultimately went our seperate ways. I don't hold a grudge over their network outage it's what really gave us the push to own all our own gear, I thank them for that

From what I've heard their network has improved significantly since that time which is good.
    Last edited by sirius; 12-06-2006 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix
    actually not, minor service interruptions are something to be expected from time to time.

Random charges and price increases with no notice aren't to be expected. 72 hour outages and massive packet loss aren't to be expected.

Network outages happen, even big ones. They applied SLA credits as nessecary and we went on about our business and ultimately went our seperate ways. I don't hold a grudge over their network outage it's what really gave us the push to own all our own gear, I thank them for that

From what I've heard their network has improved significantly since that time which is good.
    Hey thanks for the kind words there WireSix. That Foundry problem was huge, and completely unexpected. Even after weeks of testing it happened, and it took Foundry flying in people to fix it totally.

At least we were able to make it right for you in all the cases you listed WireSix. I'm sad we lost your business, though.

I assume you mean the street construction crew that (with a bulldozer) broke the fiber uplinks to our datacenter. We re-routed traffic within minutes to restore connectivity, and then worked with our uplink providers to even the load balance to reduce their link saturation which caused packetloss. We did our best to react but it's difficult to anticipate freak accidents such as that one.
    I'm glad you found happiness.
    Not to point out the obvious, but if you had truly redundant connections of sufficient size, there would have been no downtime and no packet loss. It's not enough to have it there -- it's got to be lit, live, properly configured, running traffic, and big enough, in order to qualify as "redundant." (IMO anyway)

Yahoos running around with bulldozers are actually not a "freak" occurrence. We have our phone lines sliced here in Rural USA at least 3x/year by this exact thing. Plan ahead. And for heavens' sake, get your fiber lines registered with your state's Digger's Hotline!!

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Hmm, the sales person isn't with the company anymore... anyone wonder why?
    I sure do wonder why! ... I've been the sales person for two data centers, and left both companies because I felt they were treating customers like crap or behaving unethically/dishonestly. So when I hear a salesperson is no longer with the company, I consider it a red flag against the company... people don't leave for no reason... in my decades of work experience I've found it's often the company that's sickly and needs help.

"Buyer beware" indeed -- when you get significant personnel turn-over, there's a reason, and a customer absolutely should take a step back and consider what might be going on, as it can easily contribute to their quality of service moving forward.

I have no experience with Sago, I'm just sharing my experience of many years working in the hosting industry, private business, and county & state government as well.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

FYI, under law you must give someone 30 days written notice of a change in contract / pricing so that they can review the price increases and decide if they want to cancel the contract.

Not only was this action by Sagonet unethical and stupid, it was also illegal.

-D
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Yeah, that's a really good point I didn't think of. Just because I have the ability to hit your credit card does not give Carte Blanch to decide a 100mpbs port next month will be $99 because I spent too much money at the strip club on last month's entertinment budget, or I would like some new wheels for the benz.....

Although you are under a month-to-month contractual arrangement, it seems somehow unfair to ambush you on your billing date, not to mention illegal.

I think I read back somewhere in the thread where they helped you along with this, but what about the folks that didn't take the time to look a their statement for this month?

Can you immagine the wave of chargebacks?
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

I heard that you have to send a ticket for them to enable the remote reboot but there is a small charge for this. This was not advertised on their site, it should be free as promised many many months ago....

I'm pretty close to positive that we've never advertised reboot switches for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sago-MikeK
    I'm pretty close to positive that we've never advertised reboot switches for free.

You did originally ~2 years ago, when we had all our servers there it was always "comming next week"

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix
    You did originally ~2 years ago, when we had all our servers there it was always "comming next week"
    I remember that.

then why did it say remote reboot was included on some of the plans on sagonet.com months ago? it was there for the longest I could remember.

http://web.archive.org/web/200406161...rvers/unix.php

Optional remote reboot port.
    Optional ! = Free

For those who do not know any programming, != means does not equal.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorN
    For those who do not know any programming, != means does not equal.
    So eh you expect customers to know before buying.
    I was a Sago customer for about 2.5 years and I always saw that but never used it since I had a plan with AllManaged (they answered all my questions )

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    That's right.

Since EVERYONE "EXCELLENT" in Sagonet has left I can't ask this question.

But why in the whole wide world Mikey is my WHOIS info on one of your servers I had with you guys "in a place long long time ago". Just strange because my info was never there now looking myself up through the internet I found me on it so who do you want me to email for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Aye aye aye.... I wish that was the case. Just bought a brand new pickup truck and had the option of getting the upgraded Harmon Kardon sound system. It wasnt free... because it was my option to buy it.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by peruviantalk

But why in the whole wide world Mikey is my WHOIS info on one of your servers I had with you guys "in a place long long time ago". Just strange because my info was never there now looking myself up through the internet I found me on it so who do you want me to email for this issue.
    E-mail: support @ sagonet.com
    We can resolve any old DNS entries or SWIP's if that is what is causing it.

I hope this answer was most excellent.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

You're the only other person besides my wife and my mom that calls me Mikey. Email support the IPs that have your old IP addresses, seems like the initial automatic un-SWIP request didn't go through.

You're the only other person besides my wife and my mom that calls me Mikey. Email support the IPs that have your old IP addresses, seems like the initial automatic un-SWIP request didn't go through.
    Um well there Mikey I just submitted a ticket in.
    [sagonet.com - TSC #EGP-21596-560]: Removing Info

wonders where is Adam anyway ->
    everyone else gets a happy holiday greeting from me
    Last edited by peruviantalk; 12-22-2006 at 03:20 PM.

Um well there Mikey I just submitted a ticket in.
    [sagonet.com - TSC #EGP-21596-560]: Removing Info

wonders where is Adam anyway ->
    everyone else gets a happy holiday greeting from me
    Adam is with CaroNet now.

Thats intersting I put the message about where is Adam and I get two different messages online from two different people saying they are from Sagonet (or were). Didn't believe none of them two but Adam should know why he gets the angry / uzi / explode smilies. Everytime I see a Sagonet thread I will post my experience as it was excellent when everything dropped at the end by an individual.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast