Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SAGO: price increase with NO notice

Well,

We have *1* server still at Sago that we have had there for almost 2 years now. The customer has been happy with it and decided they would rather just stay there than do a move. Our accountant is closing out the end of November and they're reconciling our AMEX and they noticed that the charges from Sago were $64 higher than normal.

I logged into Sago's site to check and sure enough they raised the price for the 100mbps port option on the server from $35 to $99 without ever so much as sending an e-mail. I opened a ticket and this is the response I got

The price of the 100Mbps port has always been $99/monthly, you were given the $35 rate by your old salesman or Adam. We are no longer offering this rate at all, hence the price change. I removed this from your billing and I am forwarding this ticket to support so the can change your connection. Let us know if you have any questions.
    Yes, Jason and Adam are no longer at Sago which is partly why we won't put any equipment there. It's stupid things like this that really damage the vendor / client relationship.

At one time we had 30 servers in Sago and that dwindled down to *1* because of their inability to maintain a stable network and provide accurate billing.

*buyer beware*

Another problem caused by lack of communication... :/ Thanks for the warning.
    Stephen J.

*Update*

Sago has decided to apply a credit to our account for the difference for the 2 periods they billed for.

Atleast they are willing to apply credits. Still, increasing charges for a trivial item like a port upgrade with no notice is just stupid.

I'm glad we got this worked out for you as quickly as we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sago-MikeK
    Mike,

The question becomes who in their right mind did this in the first place? Do they have any common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by RossH
    Mike,

The question becomes who in their right mind did this in the first place? Do they have any common sense?
    Good question. to be paying $100 for a 100mbit port upgrade from 10mbit is horrendous but ok thats their pricing. We have to just live with it I guess IF YOU SIGN UP WITH IT. To say well the salesperson who gave you that price is gone so we are going to change it is retarded.

Mike you should be spending your time punching whoever made that call in the face rather than trying to pat yourself on the back like you did a good thing in fixing it.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Yes, Jason and Adam are no longer at Sago which is partly why we won't put any equipment there.
    Do you happen to know why they left and where they went?

Quote Originally Posted by carlgm
    Do you happen to know why they left and where they went?
    Jason is at dedicatednow

Quote Originally Posted by CoolRaul
    Good question. to be paying $100 for a 100mbit port upgrade from 10mbit is horrendous but ok thats their pricing. We have to just live with it I guess IF YOU SIGN UP WITH IT. To say well the salesperson who gave you that price is gone so we are going to change it is retarded.
    Hmm, the sales person isn't with the company anymore... anyone wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by dspkable
    Before making insinuations, you might want to identify yourself as an employee of Sagonet, rather than signing up just to post this. Throwing such comments around about ex-employees isn't really a professional way to handle yourself....

Matthew McCormick
    sig removed intentionally

Quote Originally Posted by Sago-MikeK

You may have resolved it but it certainly was not to my satisfaction.

I don't do business with people who run their business like that.

I know where we *won't* be expanding colo operations in atlanta. Certainly not into Sago's facility here.
    Last edited by RyanD; 12-04-2006 at 07:23 PM.

That isn't important.

Neither Adam, Matt, or Jason have anything to do with this.

I've heard from sago employees and other customers that this bonehead move on blind pricing changes as well as the previous incident of turning everyone down to 10mbps came straight down from the top.

Hi,

My community and I got shanked for around $800 due to clients not willing to pay after the port changes that happened last year around this time.

We adored sago, but after this move and the owner refusing to compinsate for any of it made us pull all of our clients, and many affiliates, hardware and take it to FDC, Interserver, LT and a few others.

The $100 is a bit nutty considering they used to charge $200 one time for a port. We had 2 servers there that were sold with 100Mbit ports as a part of the package, but they ports were kicked down w/o warning, causing serious lag due to duplex issues. Support & Iris were good to us in helping fix the lag and getting us temp port upgrades with the network team to help adjust the servers, but by then the damage was done.

A true shame.

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix

I've heard from sago employees and other customers that this bonehead move on blind pricing changes as well as the previous incident of turning everyone down to 10mbps came straight down from the top.
    what do you mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by peruviantalk
    what do you mean by this?
    It was ordered by ownership / senior management.

It wasn't some small move, it's how the company operates from the top down.

Quote Originally Posted by PhMatt
    Before making insinuations, you might want to identify yourself as an employee of Sagonet, rather than signing up just to post this. Throwing such comments around about ex-employees isn't really a professional way to handle yourself....

Matthew McCormick
    sig removed intentionally
    Sorry Matt, my signiture page wasn't properly setup yet, or "removed intentionally". I am a Sago employee and have been for three years. I would like to know why the salesperson is no longer at Sago. It is not public knowledge, and it brings to mind questions about the customers expereince with the salesperson and what lead to them leaving the company. Perhaps the person that posted the thread had information they would share with us about their salesperson expereince. And if you wish to contact me in a private proffesional manner about your thoughts, feel free to e-mail me privately.

-Donovan K
    Sago Networks

sago is definitely not a choice that ppl should consider anymore.

during my 1+ year at sago, i experienced port being downgraded without any warning as well.

i was also promised free remote reboot port on 2 of my servers. reboot link was put on my client panel, but it doesnt even have destination url. however, they keep telling me they were working fine.
    current and satisfied customer of softlayer.com and webnx.com

Quote Originally Posted by swijaya0101
    i was also promised free remote reboot port on 2 of my servers. reboot link was put on my client panel, but it doesnt even have destination url. however, they keep telling me they were working fine.
    I am not sure who made you the promise for the remote reboot ports, but we had been implementing them over this past year to all the dedicated servers. Perhaps your ports weren't enabled with remote reboot ports when you received them but we did implement them as soon as possible for all customers of dedicated servers. If anyone currently has a problem with remote reboot ports not operating functioning, I would encourage you to send a ticket in to (support @ sagonet) and it will be resolved.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

Sorry Matt, my signiture page wasn't properly setup yet, or "removed intentionally". I am a Sago employee and have been for three years. I would like to know why the salesperson is no longer at Sago. It is not public knowledge, and it brings to mind questions about the customers expereince with the salesperson and what lead to them leaving the company. Perhaps the person that posted the thread had information they would share with us about their salesperson expereince. And if you wish to contact me in a private proffesional manner about your thoughts, feel free to e-mail me privately.

-Donovan K
    Sago Networks
    Donovan,

I would love to comment on Jason, Matt, Adam, Vanessa, Liz, and Iris.

Jason was our primary contact and was *ALWAYS* available and always willing to get us what we need promptly and even pitched in to make the right phone calls when something went wrong. Adam and Matt always made sure any concern we had was addressed and they did their best to take care of their customers.

Iris was always helpful in getting things turned around and getting the equipment delivered as specified, occasionaly we'd have the wrong OS and need something reloaded and she got it taken care of.

Vanessa and Liz always did a bang up job in the billing area except when they had to "wait for approval" but that isn't their fault.

I was sad to see Jason, Matt, and Adam leave sago as I see them all as excellent assets to any company.

I was sad to see Jason, Matt, and Adam leave sago as I see them all as excellent assets to any company.

They most certainly are!!
    Jay

If anyone currently has a problem with remote reboot ports not operating functioning, I would encourage you to send a ticket in to (support @ sagonet) and it will be resolved.
    That was the same answer whenever I complained regarding the remote reboot port in the past. I was at sago for more than a year. Even during my last day, the remote reboot was still not working, very efficient. Luckily, I decided to jump ship to another company.
    current and satisfied customer of softlayer.com and webnx.com

That was the same answer whenever I complained regarding the remote reboot port in the past.
    Well I am sorry you left Sago but I cannot change the past. If anyone currently has a problem with their remote reboot port, then I hope they see this post and contacts our technical support right away.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?

That was the same answer whenever I complained regarding the remote reboot port in the past. I was at sago for more than a year. Even during my last day, the remote reboot was still not working, very efficient. Luckily, I decided to jump ship to another company.
    Yeah,

We moved the majority of our servers out after their MASSIVE network failure and 72+ hours of 50%+ packet loss.

Never been happier since we left

Talking

Yeah,

We moved the majority of our servers out after their MASSIVE network failure and 72+ hours of 50%+ packet loss.

Never been happier since we left
    I assume you mean the street construction crew that (with a bulldozer) broke the fiber uplinks to our datacenter. We re-routed traffic within minutes to restore connectivity, and then worked with our uplink providers to even the load balance to reduce their link saturation which caused packetloss. We did our best to react but it's difficult to anticipate freak accidents such as that one.
    I'm glad you found happiness.
    - Donovan K

I assume you mean the street construction crew that (with a bulldozer) broke the fiber uplinks to our datacenter. We re-routed traffic within minutes to restore connectivity, and then worked with our uplink providers to even the load balance to reduce their link saturation which caused packetloss. We did our best to react but it's difficult to anticipate freak accidents such as that one.
    I'm glad you found happiness.

no, I'm talking about your botched Foundry core router/switch upgrades.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast