Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yes! Thats the problem of how I got here in the first place.
    Bliksem came 'highly' reccomended as a stable and great host, jav was a reputable operate etc etc

Well it is a chance you take. Stable hosts can crash and just drop off the face of the Earth. All I can recommend is to try again, but make sure you do your research (even if you did last time as well). Hosting, like you've seen, is a very difficult industry to find a perfect home for your site.
    3RROR.COM Web Hosting
    Hosting to Dedicated Servers
    Providing Personal and Small Business Website Hosting since 2003

hey mesobob...
    You forgot to mention the fine customer relations repoir that Jav is so famous for.

And this time Javieboy isn't saying "it's not our fault, it's yours"
    Instead he's saying... "it's not our fault, it's the data center"

Yeah, sure... we believe ya there Javster.... because you've been so friggin honest all along.

Still would like to know why, if "it's Superbs fault", did you have your phone shut off? (yeah, it's totaly not in service now)
    And Why is all your DNS info changing on nearly a daily basis???

Where are ya Jav??? I have something for ya.

I see this Nov 30th email as some sort of ploy to try and keep some accounts for future bilking.
    -= Webmaster=-
    -=Programmer=-
    -=. Hired Gun .=-
    .oº°'¨'°ºo.oº°'¨

Quote Originally Posted by lindmar
    Yes! Thats the problem of how I got here in the first place.
    Bliksem came 'highly' reccomended as a stable and great host, jav was a reputable operate etc etc
    yep... i have seen that too. I recomend u when chosing your new host:

1. Not overselling!!!
    Many here will tell you there's no problem with overselling if do it correctly bla bla bla... but this is cuz they oversell too.

2. Host that Limit / Control resource usage.
    look for a host that limit or control their resource. i mean, strict and logical rulez about resource usage.

For example, dont expect to host 300 hundreds sites on a $10/m account. Another example is the ridiculous-and-sure-to-fail Site5's offers: $5/month 5Gb space/ 5Tb transfer. have to say: OMG!!!! really insane

quality hosting cost, remember that you get what you pay.

xTiNcTion

Its really unfortunate. They used to have such a great reputation on here. I hope they set everything right and redeem themselves.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

Its really unfortunate. They used to have such a great reputation on here. I hope they set everything right and redeem themselves.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertivo
    That notion is unlikely when you consider that this is the second time for Jav and he's in the process of setting up his third (hostingjoy).

Bliksem didn't just harm their clients, they caused harm to the industry. I would never buy hosting from a company that I couldn't go to an office and visit. This puts most of them out of business as far as I'm concerned.

The only options left for me are the likes of Verio or LiquidWeb or similar.
    All the small hosting companies can thank Jav, Monty, Christina, and Frankie for killing their business. I'm certainly not alone in this feeling.
    -= Webmaster=-
    -=Programmer=-
    -=. Hired Gun .=-
    .oº°'¨'°ºo.oº°'¨

Well, you say liquidweb which is where the new bliksem sites are being stored right now.

I'm still interested if in this extreme situation, liquid web could legally ever consider a flip & switch and let me buy a VPS or something from them and help me pull my sites away from bliksem...

I need to find someone who will accept me as a refuge and I've gotta a few PM's about places that people reccomend but again, bliksem was highly reccomended and liked on this forum only 6 months ago.....

I echo the comments of C-J-V

I've been put off smaller companies, no matter how highly they are recommended. I went to Blik after they had received about 2 years of solid backslapping and plaudits in the hosting world. If this happens to a small company so well regarded then it can happen again. IMO 'Lighning' can strike twice (see what I did there?)

my previous experience of the reseller industry included a host being sold and the service going down-hill, but that could be classed as normal, while I guess the bliksem situation is generally thought of in the hosting comunity as 'abnormal', but - "once bitten twice shy" is how I feel.

as my work is mainly about selling bespoke web systems to people with hosting as an afterthought - I will now try my hardest to move away from using smaller companies.

I know that sounds harsh, but this and the previous hosting situation simply gobbled up too much of my time, and I can't bill my clients for my faulty choices in hosting. I will in future choose a large monolithic company and direct my clients to interact with them directly, whatever the cost.

Monolithic companies

I don't know as much as I would like about them, but if one of these large companies is AIT, avoid them like a plague. They would give Bliksem some stiff competition in the abusing your customers" department. That was why I was refugee fleeing to Bliksem, but I'm afraid I jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

My attorney sent requests to Jav this week without response. I was on Luna

If anybody knows how to contact Javier I'd also like to pursue legal action against him.

I've setup a blog - http://bliksemfraud.blogspot.com/ so as I get more info I'll post there and here.

Cheers,
    DJ

I have been obliviously going about my business using Bliksem for a VPS. I too chose them about a year ago after having been let down by other hosts. I had decided to really really do my homework and find a decent, reliable host who wasnt going to vanish into thin air again. At the time Bliksem had rave reviews and they werent just recent, like someone said there was 2 years or so worth of good reviews.
    So I went with them.........now I cant log into WHM, my emails arent coming thru, sites are still there.

Bliksem support is gone, forums are gone. Emails dont get answered.

Seems like its the same sh1t alllllll over again. Is there one, just one reputable webhosting business who can stay in business for longer than 5 minutes???

smells like a great buyout opportunity, i hope he can recover his business by going to LW which is the best center hands down in america.

backups

how are you guys access your stuff through FTP?

im not very technical at all, only just found out how to change nameservers. my wife was the person who delt with this stuff but she recently passed away.

you'd think being a paying customer you could get the help you needed when you needed it most but that doesn't seem to be the case with these guys.

id really like to get some help on getting backups of our sites. can't connect through ftp, i had something called a vps, can't log into anything, can't get support from anywhere. can anyone point my in the right direction of getting help?

Well the site was working altho email was screwed. no the ip address to my VPS is dead. So cant even FTP

looks like everything is dead with my site now.

yep, id like to get hold of that Jav.........

It's hard to know how to answer the last three posts, except to suggest reading the email I received from Bliksem and posted (see the #9 post a couple of pages back). Vertoss mentions just figuring out how to change the nameservers. It usually takes 24-48 hours for the nameserver change to take effect, so you might want to change the domain name to the IP address, 69.16.252.204 in your FTP program until those changes take effect. As for FTP, if you type "FTP tutorial" in Google, you can find some basic information on how to use FTP. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by andychvt
    It's hard to know how to answer the last three posts, except to suggest reading the email I received from Bliksem and posted (see the #9 post a couple of pages back). Vertoss mentions just figuring out how to change the nameservers. It usually takes 24-48 hours for the nameserver change to take effect, so you might want to change the domain name to the IP address, 69.16.252.204 in your FTP program until those changes take effect. As for FTP, if you type "FTP tutorial" in Google, you can find some basic information on how to use FTP. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply - i have seen your post (i have to wonder why it wasn't sent to everyone, and why this information isn't posted on their site and why support is unavailable and emails to them bouncing back...).

But anyway - my login details are not recognised by that server

I was on 'joie' (70.84.107.52).

Problem is i had dedicated IPs which i paid for but now are dead. I called the Planet Data Centre which is what Bliksem was using and they wouldnt tell me anything except to email abuse@theplanet

I cant access WHM, Virtuozzo or any sites.

Here's a fun one... the IP that hostingjoy is on... well, I have a reciept for buying that IP from Bliksem.

FTP to 69.16.252.204 won't acknowledge my accounts either.

I started to play around and tried
    http://69.16.252.204/whm
    Wouldn't acknowledge my info.

The certificate came up as issued to "barza.co-opnet.net"
    pumped that into http://www.hexillion.com and it seems co-opnet.net is all hidden registrar info too.
    Then I put 69.16.252.204 into hexillion and it resolved to liquidweb.
    I like LiquidWeb very much, but isn't this the same as Afghanastan harboring terrorists?
    I hope LiquidWeb steps up to the plate and helps us by burning this criminal.
    -= Webmaster=-
    -=Programmer=-
    -=. Hired Gun .=-
    .oº°'¨'°ºo.oº°'¨

I cant believe the cheek of these people. How can they just up and vanish?? Can anyone get them on the phone number listed on their site. Im in South Africa and its 2.40AM!!! Ive been battling with this cr@pp all day. Got a new VPS with hostmaven.com and im setting up all the accounts but i still cant access the old VPS to copy stuff across.

Unbelievable.....

I think we can safely assume that we have been conned. The telephone number is not in service anymore. Think that says it all.

Amazing, this time last year Bliksem could do no wrong.

Now it looks like they`ve vanished into thin air, left customers screwed over, taken unauthorized payments and god knows what else.

They have a lot to answer for, but sadly I doubt they`ll have the guts to say anything.

Has anyone tried contacting them through Hostingjoy or whatever his new business is? Jeez, what a mess for you guys

hostingjoy.com just shows "AWBS License Error: Unable to validate license.
    Please contact the software vendor."

Whatever that means. But im gonna keep an eye out and do what I can to make sure he never works in this business again.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast