Thread: Blackberry

Blackberry

I'm away to be upgrading my phone this month and was looking for a phone that i can use when i'm out and about ie e-mails and stuff.

Was look at the Blackberry 7130g i don't want something big as this will still be used as a mobile.

What do you think of this phone.

I can't comment on that model but I will say I have one of the slightly bigger models and I still love it! I thought the size would bother me, but having access to your email 24/7 outweighs the size rather quickly

Don't forget you can pickup some very nice BlueTooth headsets for the BB's.

Enjoy your CrackBerry!

I've carried a Blackberry since they first came out - currently using a Cingular 8700c which I think is the best model they've made.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

That one looks a bit big for me as it will be used as a every day mobile as well.

Does any one is there a big diffrents from 7130 and the Pearl

I don't like it personally, if you are going BlackBerry, go for the new "Pearl" model.

Otherwise, I'd go for a Sony Ericsson CyberShot, I-Mate, Palm, or O2.

Recently, we upgraded our staff to the blackberry phones, so they may be able to have contact to the business 24/7 no matter where they are. We are currently using the 8703 model through verizon wireless, we also have the tether so you can connect to your laptop and have broadband access for your pc anywhere you have verizon coverage.

The 8703 is a little big, but it offers to many advantages, so it out weighs its size. Even though it is rather large, it ways almost nothing. I have also found that this model is extremely durable, no matter how many times you drop, or bang it off a server box, lol it works like the day we bought them.

We also have the bluetooth headsets for them, and are rather dissappointed in those though, as everyone tells us we are hard to hear when we use them.

So overall get a blackberry, and with Verizon coverage you will be extremely satisfied.

Lane

Size is good, I think, you don't get those employees that seem to loose the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by matt-vh-knows-me
    I personally like Windows based phones.
    I agree, Blackberry's are pretty good, the Windows based ones have more features and style though.

I purchased the Pearl last week. It is my first Blackberry, and I have to say that I am very impressed.

It is very light, thin, and weighs hardly anything.

The only bone I have with it is it turns on without having to keep the power button pressed in, so as it is in your pocket and you turn it off for a reason, it easily gets turned on as you knock it, and because the buttons are so simple to use you can guarantee that eventually it will call somebody by mistake. This happened to me on several occasions on Saturday night.
    - Jamie Harrop

That model is cool, but I like the "Pearl" a lot more.
    I don't think the 7130 is too big..you should my phone, the Nokia 9500..now that's BIG!
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Jamie: can you lock the phone?

Yes, you can Josh. You'll have to excuse my lack of memory, I was doing the whole clubbing thing on Saturday night when it decided to start phoning people.

I remember having to turn the phone off because the lock kept unlocking itself, although I'm not sure how, as it requires two buttons to be pressed in sequence. I guess I'll see just how good the lock is when I have it in my pocket for a length of time when I'm not drunk.

T-Mobile setup my instant email today. I'm loving it so far.
    - Jamie Harrop

I'm definitely going to have to check out the Pearl. I was looking at it eariler, but with all these rave reviews I'm even more interested.

Well I know with my 8703 that there are two ways to lock the phone. One being the keypad lock, which I have never had it unlock or lock itself. Secondly, you may password protect the entire phone, just like you have to logon to windows.

So that way you never have to worry about accidently do somthing while it is in yuor pocket.

As for power on and off, that is almost a hard task, lol if you hit the power button, you can't hit any other button or it will void the shut off

I love the new blackberry so much, I even posting while I'm car pooling.

Lane

Thanks for all the post i think i will be getting the blackberry in about a week.

Still not sure If to get the 7130/Pearl

I have a 7130v (Vodafone UK Version) and i don't think it's too big, it's nice and small, i carry it all the time now.
    Chris Imrie
    Freelance Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEnd
    Secondly, you may password protect the entire phone, just like you have to logon to windows.
    Bingo! I'm pretty sure I can do that with the Pearl. Thanks for reminding me DeadEnd.
    - Jamie Harrop

I like the Nokia E61. Great form factor, backlit keyboard, awesome screen. Can't wait to get one

Of course, it does the phone call bit too, plus it has push email (which is akin to the blackberry service).

Plus, I like the fact that it doesn't have a camera and is quite thin. It also has a SIP stack so you can use it with VoIP services. Plus wifi!

There are people that have already hooked it up with Asterisk so I can just imagine the possibilities.

Also, it runs the great Nokia platform, which is quite easy to use. The only gripe I have with it is that it takes a while to bootup (but how often do you completely turn it off?)

Highly suggest you play with it at your favorite mobile shop.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise