Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question best control panel

What is the most used or most popular control panel. Ive heard the simple and easy to navigate is the best and ive also heard that all the bells and whistles are bad. I use H-sphere

Are you talking about Windows or Linux platform?

For windows, i choose HELM
    For linux, I choose for cPanel...

Both are great piece of software that I ever use...
    tanfwc

Best is a personal choice. Personally I prefer Plesk for a unified Linux and Windows front end.

I love cPanel on centOS...
    for windows, Helm 4ever

cPanel is my favorite, hands down
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

H-Sphere & DirectAdmin are my favorites. cPanel is simply not in the same league as H-Sphere.

i would choose

linux cpanel
    windows plesk

It depends on what you're wishing to accomplish.

If you're looking for an all-in-one system for reselling, then H-Sphere is probably your best bet. It includes all the required functions for resellers (billing, support, setup) and is, more often than not, dual-operating system enabled.

For a single operating system, I prefer cPanel for Linux. It is lightweight, easy to use, very popular and very well developed both by the cPanel team and a seeminly endless list of third party developers. Due to good marketing by the cPanel team, many datacenters offer cPanel with their servers which gives cPanel an advantage of being widely recognised - that is also an advantage to a reseller because it gives them a product that they can soft-sell.

cPanel and H-Sphere shouldn't really be compared; they are not the same type of product for resellers.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

For Linux I wouldn't use anything else than cPanel/WHM.
    MIDIAWORKS.NET - Web Hosting Services from Brazil
    Hospedagem Linux & Windows | Revenda de Hospedagem | Registro de Domínios

hey Simon been a long time since I've heard from you. I left the losers at DIY after repeated downtime never got a refund and they told me you had to refund my money the kidnapped all my domains I registered through DIY and refused to talk to me.

(sorry that was off the subject)

Quote Originally Posted by EPLTUnlimited
    hey Simon been a long time since I've heard from you. I left the losers at DIY after repeated downtime never got a refund and they told me you had to refund my money the kidnapped all my domains I registered through DIY and refused to talk to me.

(sorry that was off the subject)
    Huh?

If you had a problem with DIY, then contact DIY. I have no idea how this has anything to do with me. I haven't owned DIY since 17 months ago. You knew that, though. See your last posts under your other WHT usernames (eplanetunlim and eplanetunlimited1 are the ones I can remember) for more info.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

Quote Originally Posted by tanfwc
    Are you talking about Windows or Linux platform?

For windows, i choose HELM
    For linux, I choose for cPanel...

Both are great piece of software that I ever use...
    Same vote here
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

hsphere for resellers - hands down

sell linux, freebsd, windows, exchange, share point, dedicated servers - all controlled from a single interface...

not sure there is much competition.

Having said this - some resellers have a very narrow offering to their clients (and do quite well with it) with no need/desire to expand into other areas and add additional offerings/revenue streams - for this type of reseller - whatever you are used to and comfotable with is probably what you would determine to be the best...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

There is no best control panel, there is only best for you :-)

Net

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

There is no best control panel, there is only best for you :-)
    LOL - disagree - there is a best control panel and there is a best host (or at least hosts better then most)

Having said this - there is also personal preference - and no one can or should try to change that
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Most popular control panel is probably cPanel, however cPanel is simply not in the same league as H-Sphere! H-Sphere hands down is what I recommend.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost
    Same vote here
    .And me vote here

Windows: HELM
    Linux : cPanel

Quote Originally Posted by CartikaHosting
    LOL - disagree - there is a best control panel and there is a best host (or at least hosts better then most)

Having said this - there is also personal preference - and no one can or should try to change that

Well, I am not asking you to agree with me.

When I said "there is only best for you", it means based on what you need to accomplish.

Net

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Plesk wins hands down!

I would vote for cpanel and HSphere (only have had a few months experience with this panel) but it's great so far!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Webmin !!
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

I vote for cpanel , great scripting and easy to do error search if something go wrong in system.

I must vote for CPanel, because thats what I've used the most, and most customers have as well. With the easy to use interface, customers are easier to support as well .

For customers cPanel definitly more attractive and sells more however from the hosts point of view I prefer DA as its just works and requires a lot less support
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

my vote for cPanel & Plesk.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast