How to fix this Mozilla setting?

I just recently stopped using IE and switched to mozilla firefox but hate an issue that's happening in firefox and hoping it can be fixed.

Whenever I download anything... or save an image for example... I get this highly annoying pop-up window. I took a screenshot of it. I want to get rid of that and function just like IE. When i download thigns or save images while using IE it does not do this.

How can I make firefox behave in the same way IE does? Firefox is driving me crazy because of this and I'm about to abort using it because that pop-up window that comes up everytime I download anything or save an image is driving me nuts.

And does anybody know how I can get rid of the "bookmarks toolbar folder" that is listed in the "bookmarks" section? I took a screenshot... I want all of my favorites to be listed right under the "bookmarks"... not under the "bookmarks toolbar folder" off to the right. Anyway to delete that folder?

Last edited by Frosty; 04-13-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Tools -> Option -> Main -> Uncheck the first option under downloads.

Now does it not do it?
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Thanks very much, yes that fixed it

I knew it was a simple setting... just accidentally over looked it.

But do you know how to get rid of that "boomarks toolbar folder" though? I don't like how it's saving all my favorites inside that folder and off to the right. Why doesn't it just simply list all my favorites right underneath the bookmarks like IE and opera does? Firefox doesn't do that... instead it lists it in that "bookmarks toolbar folder"... which I do not want.

Sorry I know I'm a bit picky.. just like things to be a certain way...

Anyway to adjust that?

Edit: Actually maybe I like it that way... just a bit different from the way I'm used to having it. Ah screw it... that's a petty issue. I'll get used to it I guess =)

But could that be changed... or I guess that's just the way firefox organizes bookmarks?
    Last edited by Frosty; 12-03-2006 at 12:26 AM.

Bookmarks Toolbar Folder is for the linksbar.

Regular favourites folders can be set up like in IE. Go to Bookmarks > Organize/Manage Bookmarks and create/edit folders

RajanUrs,

I see thanks... I created a new folder called "favorites" to put my favorites in it but it still doesn't display favorites like IE or opera does. It lists it off to the right of the "favorites folder". I guess that's just the way firefox display it so I might as well leave my favorites inside the "bookmarks toolbar folder".
    Last edited by Frosty; 04-13-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Just save your favourites in "Bookmarks" not sub folders then you will get them displayed down rather than off to the right.
    Last edited by Vortex-Steve; 04-24-2007 at 11:42 AM.
    Steve

Thats right. You should save under the main parent folder Bookmarks or under any other folder of your choice.

To create new folders under the main Bookmarks first highlight Bookmarks and then create new.

See example below:

[I am using firefox v 1.5.0.7]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ff1.jpg   ff2.jpg  

RajanUrs,
    Yes I alreay knew how to do that what I was trying to do was make it list it downwards instead of off to the right

Vortex-Steve,
    Yes that's what i was trying to do... list it downwards instead of off to the right. I know how to do that of course when saving a page.

But what I did was import my favorites from IE and it has automatically stuck all of my favorites off to the right side. What I'm having trouble with is moving all of that to be displayed downwards right underneath the main bookmarks like your screenshot showed instead of off to the right. I can't figure that one out...

If you go to manage bookmarks you should be able to drag and drop the whole lot out of whatever folder they are in.
    Steve

Thanks, silly me I don't know why I couldn't get it to work earlier.

I was able to move all my favorite folders right under the main bookmarks so that it displays downwards

Just one last remaining issue... how can I get rid of the "bookmarks toolbar folder"? I have no use for it and want to delete that folder but it won't let me. Can that be deleted?

I like things to be very clean/minimal so I'd like to delete that unnecessary folder...

P.S- I just noticed a strange issue with firefox... in IE I could ALWAYS scroll up and down using the up or down arrows on my keyboard but in firefox sometimes it won't let me! I was just sitting here and it will NOT scroll the page up and down when I'm pressing the up or down arrows on my keyboard? Why is that? Have you noticed that as well with firefox? it is a tad irritating because every so often I do scroll up and down that way but it won't do it... I wonder if that can be fixed?
    Last edited by Frosty; 12-03-2006 at 06:07 PM.

As far as I am aware you cannot delete the folder, but you can rename it which is what I did.

As for the scrolling issues it's to do with the position of your mouse. If it is on top of the bookmarks drop down you won't be able to scroll down with the keys, move the mouse over a bit and it will let you go up and down as much as you want.
    Steve

Vortex-Steve,

Thanks I'll just re-name it.

But you mis-understood what I was referring to when I mentioned that I cannot scroll up and down a page when pushing the up or down arrows on my key board. This problem never happens in any other browser... but I have noticed that sometimes in firefox I am unable to scroll up and down a page by pushing the up or down arrows on my key board. it doesn't matter where my mouse is... no matter what you do it just won't scroll the page up or down sometimes.

I've never had this issue before in any other browser except for firefox. Now all of a sudden it's scrolling fine... previously it wasn't. I was trying to in WHT earlier and it wouldn't scroll with the up or down arrows earlier... now it is. Nothing wrong with my keyboard... it's brand new... something with firefox causing it.
    Last edited by Frosty; 12-03-2006 at 09:10 PM.