Testing SLHOST VPS

I just signed up slhost level-2 plan.
    They setup everything in about half hour.
    The WHM & Cpanel everything look the same as my previous shared account.
    So no problem for me to install my forum software and setup my site quickly.

Here you are: http://www.sgoverseas.com

welcome everybody to test it and comment.

Even i've signed up with SLHost but, I chose Plesk. Still getting used to it but, so far it looks cool.

Your forum load times seem good.

However, I don't understand chinese so, can't test it LOL

Anyway, my account was setup was done quickly. Tickets are being responded quickly and professionally. Response times are between 6 mins to 45 mins which is quite good.

Please post your experience also. It'll be of gr8 help. Thanks.

we have read here only good comments about this provider, a great reputation

but please let us have some details about primary resources availability for each of your accounts, so that we may evaluate with real data the strength of each account.

- guaranteed RAM
    - cpuunits
    - cpulimit
    - numproc
    - numtcpsock
    - numothersock
    - vmguarpages
    - avnumproc

if your account provides virtuozzo (serverurl:4643), you may find these details under resources > cpu parameters and resources > primary UBC parameters

ulysseNL

see the attached about the system parameters, I don't know what they are, all in good health?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vv1.gif  

your account is apparently Level 2-VPS with 384 MB guaranteed RAM.
    seems like a very good account in terms of resources allowed - actually more than what is allowed for a 512 MB RAM I run at another host!

see suggested configurations at: http://wiki.openvz.org/UBC_configuration_examples_table

your details for primary resources allowed:

384 RAM (guaranteed)

- cpuunits : 9,999 pcs
    - cpulimit : 400 percents
    - numproc : 600 pcs
    - numtcpsock : 600 pcs
    - numothersock : 600 pcs
    - vmguarpages : 2,147,483,647 4KB pages
    - avnumproc : 300 pcs

my details:

1.-

512MB RAM (guaranteed)

- cpuunits : 8,000 pcs
    - cpulimit : 100 percents
    - numproc : 500 pcs
    - numtcpsock : 500 pcs
    - numothersock : 500 pcs
    - avnumproc : 350 pcs

2.-

- 768MB RAM (guaranteed)

- cpuunits : 7,877 pcs
    - cpulimit : 50 percents
    - numproc : 750 pcs
    - numtcpsock : 720 pcs
    - numothersock : 1,024 pcs
    - avnumproc : 500 pcs

I think you should feel happy, in view of this data, at least as far as machine resources are concerned. network factors are also important (do comparative traceroute from many locations, ex http://hyperspin.com) , support, etc.

ulysseNL

I just signed up with the same plan too. Got my details about 23 minutes after signing up, and I got my site up and running within the first 2-3 hours.

After contacting several others, I decided to go with SLHost based on reviews here and price. I was a bit weary at first, due to a pre-sales question, took a little while to get a reply(ticket auto-set to low priority)..

ticket received: 06 Dec 2006 07:39 PM
    ticket replied: 07 Dec 2006 08:39 AM

I also just sent in a support ticket, and got a reply 57 minutes later(medium priority) which isn't bad for me.

What can I say, I'm an impatient guy.

Well that's my experience so far with day 1, hoping the service will be as good as people say it is!

It's good that their default priority towards tech support is more than pre-sales questions

Their tickets replying time is any time between 6 - 45 mins. Only once it was 1 hour.

Even am impatient but, that's good isn't.

Even am happy so far.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey this way!
    It's good that their default priority towards tech support is more than pre-sales questions
    While I agree to an extent, it may look a little different to someone still looking, a part of you may think that if this is the case for a potential customer.. what will it be like if you become one.

But the support response so far has been much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dajo77
    While I agree to an extent, it may look a little different to someone still looking, a part of you may think that if this is the case for a potential customer.. what will it be like if you become one.

But the support response so far has been much faster.
    You are quite true. A Potential customer will be skeptical when he sees such slow response times.

Also, their Live Support is always offline. I tried at different times. Always offline.

As long as they reply tickets on time and solve my queries, it's fine with me.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them