domain IP privacy

I was looking at my site through whois.sc and I was shocked when I saw the IP field.

Next to the "IP", there was my state, my town where I live, and my full name!

I have a dedicated server with extra IP's I bought from my host, so I contacted my host. They said to contact my domain registrar.

I use namecheap for the domain and I have the whois guard from them and it's working fine. I never imagined that my address and full name would appear in the IP field. Does namecheap control this?

anyone ?

If it is the IP address, no, namecheap doesn't control that unless they are your host.

If it is the domain name, then yes.

What's the IP address?

Who owns the IP? you?

Quote Originally Posted by roughrider
    I was looking at my site through whois.sc and I was shocked when I saw the IP field.

Next to the "IP", there was my state, my town where I live, and my full name!

I have a dedicated server with extra IP's I bought from my host, so I contacted my host. They said to contact my domain registrar.

I use namecheap for the domain and I have the whois guard from them and it's working fine. I never imagined that my address and full name would appear in the IP field. Does namecheap control this?

Well, I asked my host for a few more IPs and I pay a monthly fee for those IPs

If you didnt always have domain privacy they could have mined it before and any associated domains (on same ip) are just assumed to be the same owner?
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

Hello,

Yes you can contact your domain registrar and tell them to hide the whois information of your domain which will hide the relevant data like yourname, your contact address etc.

However there is no provision of hiding the IP to which your domain is pointing to, as it is the proof which shows that your domain is pointing to so and so server.

Thank you.

Regards,

I have a thought.

Domaintools based the details of the IP address on the provider. Is there a way
    you can "get" the provider to edit it via changing your account info or something?

Otherwise, Domaintools doesn't have to do anything for you. Without any "valid"
    claims, you can't force them to change it to suit you as well.

I think the company that gives out IP's has to list who the "owner" is

@roughrider: What's your ISP?