Apache and Plesk 6 issue

Hello all,

I have something that is not happening right with a new client set up. We have just created a domain and set up hosting on a Plesk 6 machine running FreeBSD. The Problem is that we can not get the domain to show using www or webmail. the only way it shows a website is if we type http://domainname.com

I know I hve seen this issue int he past but I can not think of the sollution. Can anyone assist with a memory jiggle?

Thank you,
    Michelle

Is www and webmail set up to appear as cnames in the dns ?

www is set up as an A record

webmail is set up as a CNAME

Guess what. I just checked it. both are working now. No I didnt make any changes. But what is weird is that last night the domain name was pinging fine at our server. www and webmail were dead.

I guess I can attribute this to DNS migration. I just can not figure out why the sub domains trailed behind the main domain

Hi, have u considered upgrading ur plesk to a newer version. Im using plesk 7.5 on a windows server and everytime i add a domain it has a checkbox for 'www' and automatically sets up the records. If not id suggest u go to plesks forum and try searching there if u havent already.

Well it works. We will probably rebuild that machine completely in 2007 but for right now the FreeBSD 4.x and Plesk 6 platform is pretty stable. I have to say that I like Plesk 8 on another machine we have but, why mess with what works.