* VarHosting are liars!

Hello every body i know that every one in this forum now know who is VarHosting are and who is RICK or even Roj!

When I got in that business web hosting, I learned that Reliability means Uptime and Technical support. However, VarHosting learned me that this business need a cold operate who know nothing about responsibility and business management!

While you are not a professional to handle migration for 12 or more server in the same time, why you did not make it server by server or called professional people to do that for you RICK!

Look how this company knows nothing about responsibility!

We are working on fixing the issue, should be up and running within 60 minutes. All nodes that have been migrated to this new server (anything being directed to ns900.jump-server.net or ns901.jump-serve.net will temporarily be down). Once the server is backup and performance has been restored we'll update this page.

This hour passed from 5-6 hours without any progress

Thanks for your patience as I work to make VAR a more reliabel and stable hosting solutions provider. – Rick

I think that he will pass his all like to get back quartoer of var hosting reputation

How can we take our right from that Company?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm911

How can we take our right from that Company?
    We can not. This is the beauty of the USA - you can screw who ever you want and not be made accountable for it. Unless you are sue-able. I don't think Rick is.

Rich is doing the best he can perhaps its an DNS issue you are having now?

Like SOA disagreement, wrong ips?

Open a ticket and see whats going on.
    Psychz Networks - Enterprise Servers & Data Center Professionals
    ★24/7 On-Site Support - Premium Server Hardware
    ★Facilities: Los Angeles, CA - Dallas, TX | Tier-4 Data Centers
    ★Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Psychz DDoS-Shield™ On-Premise Mitigation

Quote Originally Posted by clanosiris
    Open a ticket and see whats going on.
    Where will he submit the ticket ? www.varhosting.net doesn't seem to be opening for the past 1 day !

how it come ?

can you check that IPS

ns900.jump-server.net > 72.18.146.27
    ns901.jump-server.net > 72.18.146.28

if it is working for you now so it is my fault Dear

Those nameservers resolve to those IPs, but I can't load any sites on them..

Angry Yes

Yes those IPS are the IPS of that server that we are located at!

it seems that this machine is down at the moment!!

and sure no action from VarHosting or even Rick

I've never seen that before where a hosting company does not pretain to a business vocabulary. Or is that you trying to spell? Dont take offence, I'm trying to see such big turn offs for clients

Quote Originally Posted by crystalz
    Where will he submit the ticket ? www.varhosting.net doesn't seem to be opening for the past 1 day !
    Works for me.
    Upfront Business Solutions
    A Cloud & Microsoft SaaS provider
    "Creating you a online web presence"

i think that Rick refusing to help us to move our cpanel accounts from his server the machins is offline till now

www.varhosting.net is loading fine here.

I think you need to submit another ticket to their helpdesk for a fast fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm911
    i think that Rick refusing to help us to move our cpanel accounts from his server the machins is offline till now
    Are you wanting to move them to another host or to another VarHosting server? Seems that if you were wanting to take them to another provider the new web hosting provider should be able to assit you with the transfer.

On a side note: varhosting.net loads up fine here.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

well by looking at this. This is a case where its either one unhappy client or a host that is lazy

Please don't say unhappy client say unhappy clientS
    our server that we are located still down!!

Hey,

Is your OLD node down or your NEW node Down.

As I see their migration is almost DONE which means GOOD NEWS soon

Well I hope the best for it.

It looks like a legitimate company, too bad it isn't.

If you are still having problem with varhosting, I suggest move out and come back when the nodes are completed migration and fully uptime. Even when you want to come back, you might be happy to stay longer with your new host. If I were you, I wouldn't wait until the nodes are up. You know how long your sites have been down, over 6 hours too long. You don't want to end up unhappy!

Jen

it is the New Node Down my freind
    while the old node still on but with some mail server problem my dear Friend

Last Update from VarHosting

UPDATED: 7:57 PM PST / December 2, 2006

** UPDATE ON 72.18.146.26 SERVER**

We have 2 techs working on this server currently with the server expected to be up by 11:45 PM this evening. Thank you all for your continued patience as we work to get this problem solved ASAP.

We're currently dealing with issues effecting one of our new servers (72.18.146.26) The problem seems to be one of our drives on the server has gone bad. We're working on fixing (currently have 3 techs examinging the server) the issue, should be up and running by this evening. All nodes that have been migrated to this new server (anything being directed to ns900.jump-server.net or ns901.jump-serve.net will temporarily be down).

and till now every thing the same and without any REPLY

One thing I have learned from being a customer at Varhosting is , they have a set of operating principle, just like any other web hosting company. They have their level of proficiency in management of their servers and operating procedures.
    After many "incidents" with Var, I finally realised, its truly my fault, but not seeing and understanding the way they run their business. I finally moved out after 1.5 years. So much for giving them a chance. =).

I learned to be wiser from Varhosting's lessons. We have so many other options and companies to choose from in this web hosting industry. Our past experiences tells us a great deal about the company. Why dont we just read them for what they are rather than tolerating them when they make mistakes. Ultimately it will get back on us, isnt it true?

Joshua

To joshuayip,
    Why is it your fault? If you now see and understand how they run their business please enlighten the rest of us.

i think that Joshua say what i want to say there are lot of companies which are masters for them

but i want to take our revange

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyJen
    To joshuayip,
    Why is it your fault? If you now see and understand how they run their business please enlighten the rest of us.

Well, if you have "studied" / been a customer of varhosting from the beginning, you will see that this is not the first time they screw up. One disaster I was in , was the node 104 disaster. They keep getting ddos or something on their server. I keep asking why is this happening. (or maybe why is this happening only to varhosting node104). I also get other issues which eventually caused me to move out even though their offering (eg. live chat for your clients) have been very interesting. However the live chat was not reachable most of the time.

I only see excuses being made , after excuses. And couple with poor handling of servers, I have concluded that , they aren't the professionals that I seek to work with or collaborate. (or subscribed to).

I moved out . Even after that, they keep messing up, until now, they still mess up. Its not new, its just News =)

However at the same time, I was and still am with Reseller zoom. I dont have any complains about them as my customers on RZ doesnt complain about the website. As far as that is concern its really great. Its one of the rare things you find it hard to get in web hosting.

So I asked my self, if I had recognized the trend how varhosting earlier, I would have moved out much earlier rather than spend 1.5 years with them. Isnt the fault mine?

Joshua

I think what Joshua is trying to say is that he should have moved his account a long time ago when he first realized that varhosting had nothing but problems. But the unfortunate part is that everyone looks to brighter days. If you have that gut feeling that something is amiss, then don't procrastinate!! Moving is a pain, but if you lose your clients due to sticking it out, then there will be no need to move. Unfortunately, people do not do backups and rely on their hosts to do it for them. Lot of good that does if you can't access your server. Do your own backups and store them off site, especially when you have that uneasy feeling. Been there, done that!
    Country-Tyme Web Hosting - Reliable shared and reseller hosting
    *Affordable hosting solutions with cPanel / WHM / RVskins
    *30 Day money back guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by countrytyme
    Moving is a pain, but if you lose your clients due to sticking it out, then there will be no need to move.
    That was the fact I had to face but after x count of disasters I knew I just had to face it. I also knew that if I would finally move my accounts elsewhere, it would need to go to an reliable company and not just a company that knows how to speak but knows how to act.

Simply because the move goes along with yet another downtime (DNS resolving to new location atleast).
    I am glad to have chosen the right company (as it seems after 5 months and counting). I can tell you all that once I started with the move, it all went smoother then I expected due the help of my new host. At the end I felt relieved and it did a good thing to me.
    Now that this new host has proven me to be stable and online, I notice that I was monitoring my accounts so many many many times and always needed to submit tickets or contact VH before they could solve the problem ....
    Did VH not monitor their services? They say they do, I say they don't and I could prove it to them. Not sure about the new owner .... he just started with VH.

My point? Moving is a pain, it may seem so but it isn't. If you find the right host to help you. Tell them you want to leave VH and they will understand your fears
    You will get more peace on mind after your move, almost guaranteed

Just a quick note here, I have been moved to another server that varhosting owns, it has not let me down. with what it says on the migration update page, there is something more serious that's going down than just a bad node.

Have your patience, and you will get a great service just like I have.

It seems alot of clients are simply happier after migration which shows the hardware itself is much more powerful.

I believe Rick is trying his best. Just unfortunate that he is getting large publicity on such migration issues.

Also if everybody were to begin migrating off the migration will be 10 times slower due to the load that will be put onto the server itself during the migration.

Simply wait it out, its unfortunate that a migration is causing issues for all.