* Stop pretending!

I see a lot of fake posts where they'll say "this company is the best!"... referring to their own crappy faded site.

What's the funniest post you've seen? I've met a lot of Borat kind of people and I just wonder how they manage to survive.

Oh Yeah!

"The best unlimited hosting plan. ONLY $19.99 for life. Sign up today at SuckersHosting.com"

There is a lot of such posts. But we do have a lot of extremely informed and active community who can spot such posts and exposed them. In the end it would be counter productive to engage in such fakes in WHT.

I wouldn't mind be hosted by Borat.

--Fake Edit--
    The only reviews you know are 100% legitimate are the negative reviews where someone complains about their service and then a representative comes to these forums to try and put out the fire.

Actually, on second thought, I guess you could fake that too, I'm just gullible enough to believe that those are usually true.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Reviews can help us alot, but sometimes it's really obvious that they are fake.
    It's allways good to do some more research outside WHT as well.
    And talk to a few people of which you know they have their site(s) hosted by a particular hosting company and ask about their experience.
    zenndex - custom website design & unique templates- zenndex.com
    Only one chance to make a first impression ... Give your website a unique look

Yeah, I think some companies pay some people for these fake reviews. They can be both positive and nagative. I believe they do it getting some advantages from their hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by zenndex
    Reviews can help us alot, but sometimes it's really obvious that they are fake.
    It's allways good to do some more research outside WHT as well.
    And talk to a few people of which you know they have their site(s) hosted by a particular hosting company and ask about their experience.
    Yeah, well one thing I don't like about reviews is a client who didn't like your services is like 100% more likely to post a review (bad) then a client who does like your services. Alot of times it ends up being mis-communication but that bad review sticks forever.

By the way I like your templates, keep making them and maybe I'll buy, just haven't found exacly what I'm looking for, but that first one is pretty close.
    GeekDub Hosting, Reseller, VPS and more! ●

There is no good review about us on this forum - why? Happy clients dont need to do that and our clients probably don't know about this forum.

There is one "bad review" somone posted about 2 years ago when we had hard drive and controller failure on one of servers.

Personally i don't believe much in good reviews. I would put more trust in bad reviews but after checking and deciding if that review was right or maybe client overreacted.

If many clients post bad reviews then we know what it means.
    Pro-net-hosting.com - www.pro-net-hosting.com
    Pro hosting solutions since april 2003.

Bad news just tends to travel faster than good news
    Take reviews here with a grain of salt and do your OWN research.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Martie
    Bad news just tends to travel faster than good news
    Take reviews here with a grain of salt and do your OWN research.
    I second that Of course you also have people who "think" they have been treated in a bad way, while they break the host's policy in some way but they don't tell this when they post in here. Sometimes the host then shows up if it comes to their attention, but usually they don't.

Bad reviews seem to be remembered for quite a long time, unless you have a large fanbase that can minimize the problems. It must hurt if you just get your first clients and one of them is 'unhappy' and spreads all kinds of (false?) things on WHT and other boards.

@ LuckyAnonymous: Thanks. We also provide custom design, which should lead to a design that the client wants for 100%

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorecraphosts
    I see a lot of fake posts where they'll say "this company is the best!"... referring to their own crappy faded site.

What's the funniest post you've seen? I've met a lot of Borat kind of people and I just wonder how they manage to survive.
    Is pretty sad when a host pretend to have an unbiased reviews site to put his own website on the top 5 and cheat to people trying to making them think that all the site is honest and ethical. I mean, reviews can be real, but how honest is the site when you only put those who benefit to you?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I had almost signed up with a company based on such a review, at first I read the first 4 posts, which all looked good, but after reading all of the posts from that thread I could see they were not good, thanks to the WHT community members!

Well, the good thing here at WHT is that members always ask the reviewer to post the website hosted with the reviewed company
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

We can do one thing ask WHT if they create a sub forum for Review Section specially for Hosting Companies it would be more helpful to new comers to review host
    So any new comers get easier to find best among them.
    Vishal

Indian Social Bookmarking tweetr.in

That would be a good idea.

my favorite people are the ones that buy a reseller account that allows for over selling then buys some template from template monster, sets up a paypal account and expects to make a cool million over night

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Reyan
    We can do one thing ask WHT if they create a sub forum for Review Section specially for Hosting Companies it would be more helpful to new comers to review host
    So any new comers get easier to find best among them.

Yes it would be a good idea but never seems to get implemented here. Its been discussed though a TON of times in the suggestions forum.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Thanks @zenndex and @Martie

So Folks we need come together and think serious about it. If all you agree on this it would be more helpful to newcomers.

Say with me folks
    WE NEED REVIEW FORUM FOR HOSTING COMPANIES
    Vishal

Indian Social Bookmarking tweetr.in

Quote Originally Posted by schmeg007
    The only reviews you know are 100% legitimate are the negative reviews where someone complains about their service and then a representative comes to these forums to try and put out the fire.

Actually, on second thought, I guess you could fake that too, I'm just gullible enough to believe that those are usually true.
    Actually, I noticed there is a conspicuous "server for sale" company that has perfected the fine art of the fake self-directed complain that gets resolved in a brilliant fashion. One of their associates (their support people work from home in different countries, so they sign up as members here and their IP is not associated with the company that has sever4sale) starts a thread with a fake, whiny complaint against the server for sale company, and then as the thread progresses the author of the thread is exposed as an impossibly demanding annoying customer and yet the company's support is so brilliant that they even meet the guys unreasonable demands. The idea is for the unsuspecting visitor to read into this "wow, if they can meet the needs of this extremely fickle demanding bastard, they sure will do a great job with me".

So it's a minefield in this forum... caviat emptor!

And Nick, I agree with you WHT needs a hosting review forum... but I don't think they will do it because this site actually caters to those selling hosting, not those buying hosting. They merely tolerate buyers, because that's how the hosting biz makes money, but it's clear that it's not a site for hosting consumers, but for small-time hosting "companies". It seems a place for resellers actually, so when you see bigger companies around like Softlayer or LayeredTech, it's because they have the resellers as clients. But the hosting consumers are just used, not protected. Actually, the fact that they don't have a dedicated forum for reviews shows you their pro-hosting biz bias.

They should also have an Ombudsman for consumers... the hosting biz side the entire bias of the site in their favor, so the ombudsman would compensate a bit.
    Last edited by maxweb; 01-12-2007 at 01:34 AM.

Yes well I still consider those good ole digs about where unlimited fiber and unlimited hard drives come from (granted since pluto isn't a planet anymore technically speaking I guess I need to make references to neptune then).

In all seriousness unlimited anything just plain doesn't exist. If you dig far enough you can nearly always find a limit involved (keep in mind I'm referring to the hosting industry specifically when I reference anything).
    Justin Schurawlow :: Technology Enthusiast
    Schurawlow PC Repair
    Computer Services for the Lehigh Valley area
    Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog