Arrow Tired of searching for a host to fit my needs, seeking advice...

Alright guys, I've tried almost every big host (and some no-namers) but everytime I think I find a decent host, I read 30+ bad reviews about them on a site... This is quite discouraging. Any insight on any decent hosts for me would be greatly appreciated.
    My Needs:
    -NOT oversold (I require resources, mainly throughput for downloads)
    -At least 10 GB of disk space or more
    -At least 100 GB of data transfer (Hits, database, ftp included)
    -MySQL (v5 Preferred), I have only 3, so a limit of 5 databases is fine.
    -PHP support (v5 Preferred)
    -USA locale (East coast required, looking for under 55ms pings and fast downloads)
    -Budget of $10.00, willing to go up to $30.
    Post anything and everything please, I will consider them all. Actual experience is very helpful. Please provide any insight.
    Thanks.

Is your traffic going to be mostly of downloads? or do you plan to use 100 GB mostly using PHP/Mysql?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

If you want a decent host, you might want to pay more than 10-30 dollars per month for the amount you require.

I would recommend getting a VPS from powervps.com for $45 per month, you get exactly what you need. You will also be able to upgrade to mysql5 with the VPS, which most web hosts do not use at the moment.

WN-Ali,
    Thanks a lot, it seems I will have to pay more to get more, do you have any personal experience with powervps? I'm not sure however, that 5gb-10gb will be enough... Which control panel would you recommend?

Jedito,
    It varies, some months my users post away on the forums, others they download our latest video, some both occur.

-NOT oversold (I require resources, mainly throughput for downloads)
    -At least 10 GB of disk space or more
    -At least 100 GB of data transfer (Hits, database, ftp included)

You want all that for $10.00 a month?

Figure what a server cost per month for a decent one in a decent data center about lets say about $250.00 a month at least. With that they probably get any where from 1,000 gig to 2,000 gig of bandwidth. We will not even take into consideration if they can really push that much before the server dies.

Then figure out how much disk space that server is going to have on it, lets say a 250 gig drive, divide that by the 10 gig you want 250/10 that is 25 accounts. per server if they do not oversell.

Now lets see how the bandwidth goes 25 x 100 is 2,500 gig. Uh oh they are over sold already.

Lets do the math 25 accounts x $10.00 equal $250.00 a month.

Hey the host just broke even on the server and only over sold the bandwidth by 500 gig.

Now I figure you probably want great support for that also so figure out what techs cost for 24/7 support plus normal business expenses and you will know how much money the host is losing every month.

Sorry it can't be done and not oversell the ones that say it can are overselling the server.

Bottom line if you want space and bandwidth like that on a non over sold server you better raise your price by a bunch.

First off, I was looking at what I could get for the price RANGE,
    Quote Originally Posted by xan16
    -Budget of $10.00, willing to go up to $30.
    I never expected I would get all of it, that would be too convenient wouldn't it? I am willing to compromise. Powervps offered by WN-Ali was a very nice offer, what I needed, but not in the price range, but I was willing to compromise. Lastly, you seemed a bit harsh towards a new person on the forums just looking for some information.
    I do thank you, however, for the information.

It varies, some months my users post away on the forums, others they download our latest video, some both occur.
    I'm asking you, because if the 100 GB are for resources intensive PHP/Mysql applications you may want to take a look to a VPS.

If mostly are downloads, you can find a good host overelling and still giving a good service.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Download speed is critical. I want multiple users to download at their max or near-max speeds at the same time. Is this at all possible? I see some vps providers offering 1-3mbit garunteed ports, this doesn't seem NEARLY enough... Anyone have any insight as to what I will need?

How many multiple users and what's the max speed that you pretend?

Hard to say, anywhere from 2-10 (or more) at a time (not all the time, but sometimes) downloading at whatever their broadband service prodvider has set as their maximum download (mine is 10mbit, but the average is around 3-5).
    Powervps seems to be my best bet at them moment.