.ca Dictionary word sale examples?

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any experience with .ca domain names. I recently purchased a lot of 5 good one word dictionary .ca domain names from an individual. I dont wish to list the names here at this time, or what I paid for them.

What I am wondering is if anyone has examples of any sales of good one word .ca dictionary domain names, how much they sold for ect. While I know good dictionary .com domains are basically gold, what can I expect .ca names such as I mentioned might be worth compaired to .com names ball park?

I got the last good 3 letter .ca's and they can't be worth more than $100. $100k if I build an awesome site. -$1000 if I sit around.

Know any $10 .ca registrations?

care to share some of these good three letter .ca names?

let's just say that there's around 17,000 3 letter ones without hypens and numbers. Almost all of them are just consonants and ugly syllables.

.com's on the other hand... none of them are available! Cuz' I tried

In my case I am refering to actual words like: word.ca, smile.ca - I do not own either, but every word I own are proper dictionary words. I know some 3 characters can be worth something if they make sense for a person or company though.

Would anyone know of how pricing works for proper word domains?

Know any $10 .ca registrations
    Netfirms.ca registers .ca for $10 each.

I only have 3 domains with them but they make you wait for some time before they let you transfer/register more.

really odd. and they don't have privacy.ca

Get your domain appraised. Most people just build a crummy site that sorta fits the domain and sell it at insane prices. Added value works like a charm.

You'll see some several thousand $ domains with the ugliest names.

I don't know if i would go with Netfirms. I tried registering a domain with them and they never registered it. Emailed them and they give me some jibberish about some other client and their domain. Then two days later, got a refund on my AMEX without any explanation and without the domain registered.

Quote Originally Posted by A|J
    I don't know if i would go with Netfirms. I tried registering a domain with them and they never registered it. Emailed them and they give me some jibberish about some other client and their domain. Then two days later, got a refund on my AMEX without any explanation and without the domain registered.

maybe they thought the order was fraudulent?

What's the domain?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorecraphosts
    I only have 3 domains with them but they make you wait for some time before they let you transfer/register more.

really odd. and they don't have privacy.ca

Get your domain appraised. Most people just build a crummy site that sorta fits the domain and sell it at insane prices. Added value works like a charm.

You'll see some several thousand $ domains with the ugliest names.
    Today is the first time I have had any problems with netfirms. I tried to register around 40 names with them, and they refused saying that it would tie up their staff for around 8 hours. From what they told me they concentrate more on hosting. I get the feeling they do not make much from domain registration. It's too bad because the price is decent.

I agree with you nomorecraphosts, I think I will work at developing the domains before trying to sell them. Hopefully they will be worth a bit more. Thanks for the suggestion.

8 hours for 40 names? What do they do each one manually?

They hire monkeys.

It sounds a little excessive to me as well. I honestly can't see it taking that long. The support rep did mention, they have to enter each of them manually one at a time. That's the excuse they gave me anyway. I did register 30 names with them last week though, so it seems they have created a new office memo that they are not to register bulk domain names. I guess I am using up to much of there staff time.

They hire monkeys.
    Ahh...That would explain everything!

So how long would it take for them to register 100,000 domains?

And how come I still have a limit of 3?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorecraphosts
    So how long would it take for them to register 100,000 domains?

And how come I still have a limit of 3?
    I beleive that would take 2 1/2 years, working 7 days per week 365 days per year. I would suggest you put your important names on the top of that list!

I think it depends on who you get on the phone. Start laying on some heavy compliments right after they say "How can I help you".

Whoa that's the closest thing to phone sex.