LayeredTech - uh, what?

Yesterday, we ordered an upgrade to a 100mbps port.

Very quickly, we were emailed back, informed that it had been completed. I thought, wow, quick turnaround!

Not quite. A few hours later, I check the RTG graphs. We're still hitting the ceiling at 10mbps, losing tons of traffic.

I email back, nothing. I send in a support ticket, I get a response saying "its been completed".

I check 6 hours later, still nothing. So, I call. I choose technical support, it rings, goes to voicemail and then says "this voicemail box is full"

Uh, what? I'm calling during business hours on a business day and not only does nobody answer the phone, but they can't even take voicemail?

Thats just lame.

Now I'm stuck here losing easily 30% of our traffic to a maxed out port. Just wanted to vent =\

Disclaimer: I know they're still in a reasonable timeframe - it just bugs me that they keep saying that its been done when it hasn't.

perhaps they did upgrade it to 100mbps port and these is some rate limit. If you have access to ssh type

mii-tool and paste out put

[email protected] [~]# mii-tool
    eth0: negotiated 10baseT-FD, link ok

They didn't upgrade it.

Have you tried to refresh your connection?

mii-tool -r
    Dedicated Servers. Resellers Welcome.
    www.dediwebhost.com

Yes, of course

They just didn't physically perform the upgrade. I checked everything before I wrote this up.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon
    [email protected] [~]# mii-tool
    eth0: negotiated 10baseT-FD, link ok

They didn't upgrade it.
    Yup looks like they didn't, sorry did not think you had performed these tests before. At this point they will need to fix, as nothing can be done remotely

Jeremy at LT has assured me that it is now 100mbps by showing me his mii-tool reports.

RTG is still topping off at 10mbps but maybe its because we haven't hit 10mbps since the upgrade finished 15 minutes ago.

Taylor,

Just curious, but you said you called and chose tech support.... Last I had tried/checked, LT doesn't do tech support over the phone, just billing and sales...Have I been missing something?

Best of luck w/ your issue.... If you still are having trouble, fire Todd a PM over on the LT forums (his username is tra1) and he will take good care of you
    -steve

Quote Originally Posted by gasxtreme
    LT doesn't do tech support over the phone
    They do -- but only in rare circumstances and only if you know who to ask for
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Taylor,

Just curious, but you said you called and chose tech support.... Last I had tried/checked, LT doesn't do tech support over the phone, just billing and sales...Have I been missing something?

Best of luck w/ your issue.... If you still are having trouble, fire Todd a PM over on the LT forums (his username is tra1) and he will take good care of you
    -steve
    I learned that the hard way

I'm still not quite sure how I was under that impression. I called the number and I chose an option for tech support, but apparently that wasn't for layeredtech.

Anyways, I think they've got it figured out... I guess. Hopefully the bandwidth upgrade we bought won't require the same amount of malarkey that this did.

Taylor,

I usually just call their sales staff and remain fully reasonable and they usually do their best to help out.

Being a customer of both The Planet and LayeredTech, I must say the LT support times and dealings with server problems are lacking in comparison.