Thread: Unlimited

Arrow Unlimited

Here's a question that has been taunting me for weeks.

Why do we frown so much upon unlimited bandwidth, yet not on unlimited domains, subdomains, email addresses.

These are all resources, as is bandwidth. Does this mean that with a reseller package I can add 1,000,000 domains for $15.00/mo? Or provide an email service and get 500,000 email clients?

I just think we are being hipocritical when we frown on unlimited band, yet not unlimited everything else.

I belive it is because most people get in more trouble with bandwidth then anything else. Hosts constantly offer it and they constantly break their rule. Not many people will create one hundred emails, and that isent exactly a lot on a system. Also if you think about it everything else reflects bandwidth. For example you create one hundred domains, or one hundred emails, or 100 mysql domains. Assumeing they are all use, they all effect bandwidth.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

True, very true.

Everything is Relative.

Re: Unlimited

Originally posted by XTNet

Why do we frown so much upon unlimited bandwidth, yet not on unlimited domains, subdomains, email addresses.
    Just like davidb said about bandwidth...
    Your disk space covers these and if you exceed your disk space by creating a million e-mail addresses, then your account will be locked.

Bandwidth is the most important element in web hosting. Everything else go under it.
    http://dynastyhost.com -Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Plans
    Web Hosting Since 1999
    Toll Free 1-866-307-HOST

Re: Unlimited

Originally posted by XTNet
    Here's a question that has been taunting me for weeks.

These are all resources, as is bandwidth. Does this mean that with a reseller package I can add 1,000,000 domains for $15.00/mo? Or provide an email service and get 500,000 email clients?

I just think we are being hipocritical when we frown on unlimited band, yet not unlimited everything else.

Most of us will allow unlimited email, domains, etc. in the space and system resources constraints of the package. Personally, if someone could setup 500,000 email addresses within their resources, and not use all of the cpu, i'd have no problem with it. The difference is, people can offer unlimited (reasonably unlimited at least) email accounts, but not the same for bandwidth/space.