rackmount hardware providors that have xeon woodcrests?

looking to price some new servers

rackmountsetc and rackmountmicro both don't have the newer xeon woodcrest cpus-- seems odd. know of any that're reliable and reasonably priced that have woodcrests?

Try apaqdigital at http://www.apaqdigital.com

Great servers at a very fair price.
    SiteSouth
    Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by disgust
    looking to price some new servers

rackmountsetc and rackmountmicro both don't have the newer xeon woodcrest cpus-- seems odd.
    Have you drop them an email? They should have able to build them!
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

I suppose, but it seems incredibly odd they wouldn't have them on their site.

mgphoto: those servers aren't customizable at all, are they? guess I forgot to mention that but I'd like to be able to customize them as much as possible

Why not Dell? Their PE1950/2950 series servers are great ... Quad Core WoodCrest CPUs are available as well.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

They are fully customizable. You just have to tell Chong what you want.

We've got everything from a simple Celeron to the latest Intels and AMDs. Between our own servers, our colo clients and other hosts we provide support for at the AtlantaNap we handle hundreds of the apaqdigital servers. I can't say enough good things about then and the quailty of the servers they build.

There are dozens of hosts on WHT that use their servers all over the world.
    SiteSouth
    Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Colocation

Another strong recommendation for Apaq.

When we got a new box from Apaq last month, they have Woodcrest already. I believe RME has it as well. Just drop Brian an email, and he will confirm it. Their website is not updated frequently

Most of the hardware vendors, big and small, have those configurations available at this point. With most small server builders, you are best served by contacting them for a quote if you don't see what you want on their site.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - SAS70 Type-II Colocation in Las Vegas and Seattle

check out apaq, chong knows what customer service is.

avoid RME at all costs. RME is a rip-off, they don't support their servers and will take advantage of any problems you report with their hardware to insult you.

I've got 1 $3K server from RME that was DOA, unfixable. It took them months to send out the RMA. I have another 2 that eat up disks; every disk you put in them fails. Another, where it came with bad RAM and it took months again for them to send out new RAM. And that is just a sampling of the problems I have had with RME.
    George Donnelly / Systems Administrator
    High Speed Rails inc. / FOSS Hosting
    http://highspeedrails.com
    "Linux is Luke. FreeBSD is Yoda."