* 500GB bandwidth host

Can anyone tell me there is any host which is good and provide 10GB space, 500GB bandwidth at the cost of maximum $20 per month.

I know the budget is less but when these days providing at TB bandwidth and server also have 99.9% running time then why dont try.

Quote Originally Posted by ashras99
    Can anyone tell me there is any host which is good and provide 10GB space, 500GB bandwidth at the cost of maximum $20 per month.

I know the budget is less but when these days providing at TB bandwidth and server also have 99.9% running time then why dont try.
    You might be able to find a shared host which offers that amount, but I honestly would look into a VPS to cater that amount of bandwidth. And it will be very hard to find something within your price range.
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in France and Canada
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

Dreamhost? They aren't bad.

I think dreamhost, site5 and netfirms all are same.

You are right at this price range VPS is not possible but any VPS with this bandwidth and price near this. And in VPS we have to maintain everything or like shared hosting server staff maintain that.

Still, you like to recommend and shared host in that price range and having a good review currently. Must be better than site5.

A host can state 99.9999% uptime guarantee or 99.5% on its front page, it doesn't mean much either way, and it's not to be seen as a suggestion for what you should expect. It's just a monetary guarantee, and the details tell the true story and value. Read the TOS/SLA.

And in VPS we have to maintain everything or like shared hosting server staff maintain that.
    That's a bit broad. They're not priced the same, they're not using the same technology, they're not located in the same place. They do compete in the same market though.

Quote Originally Posted by ashras99
    Ditto what ldcdc said. They are definitely quite different. I've used Netfirms myself for awhile now, and I know folks who are with Site5 and Dreamhost. Out of the three, Dreamhost would have my vote.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

If i increase my budget to $50 then i can get a VPS server with 500GB bandwidth. If yes, then tell me few providers.

Howz Rackspace and servint (little costly) for me.

Yes, you can definitely get a VPS for that amount. However, you'll have to rely on someone else for recommendations - I've always skipped VPS and gone straight for shared or dedicated.

i perfer shared or dedicated as well. Lunar Pages may have what you are looking for as well

If you don't mind me asking, what will you be hosting that needs 500-1000GB bandwidth?

That was my thoughts too WN-Ali. That 500GB of bandwidth might need a Dedicated just due to what the backend is doing.

Can't make a decent recommendation without more information.

Servint is top of the line host. You will most likely get the uptime you want. But it costs more than other hosts.

You can try hostdime.com you can get a vps with your needs for $50. I hosted with them before and they are just great. You can phone if you need support and someone always answers. You get all this Servint.

Like someone said on the forum. If you pay them peanuts, you get monkeys. It still makes me laugh because it is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by mohamoud
    Like someone said on the forum. If you pay them peanuts, you get monkeys. It still makes me laugh because it is very true.
    And I figured if you were to pay peanuts you would be more likely to get Elephants!

Quote Originally Posted by XSI-Larry
    And I figured if you were to pay peanuts you would be more likely to get Elephants!
    A few more years of this and a large number of us will become elephants. Clients included.
    As previously noted everyone will be able to give a better recommendation based on what type of site you're setting up and any software involved.

The very cheap solution: DreamHost
    The not so cheap solution: mediatemple
    The expensive solution: layeredtech
    Got Fused?

As a comment regarding shared vs vps; if your bandwidth isn't going to be spread evenly through the month you should go for vps, shared hosts usually cut you off if you use 50GB in a few hours.
    -Mr Bister

Quote Originally Posted by BewareOfButtlice
    i perfer shared or dedicated as well. Lunar Pages may have what you are looking for as well
    Maybe I should clarify - it's not that I prefer shared or dedicated - it's just that my needs have never warranted the use of a VPS solution.

my bandwidth is even, I really don't need more control of server. I am simply sick of switching hosts and i find that the shared hosts play games with you when you are using 70-90% of quota. Tech support purposely delays tickets... one host even said i went over bandwidth and had to go, i moved to another server with the same amount of daily hits & was no place near on bandwidth... it was all a lie cause they didn't like that i had used up 80% of disk space given, 6-8gig. Then i have had so many hosts go bankropt on me and take my data down with them.

I have to find a server company that doesn't oversell yet but is just starting to drop their prices cause I can't afford top dollar and this way, I have 2 years before they decide to oversell and get themselves caught. This is why I want a vps, to get out of this mess I always get into. I don't know if it is the answer but its one step closer to dedicated and thats where I wish I was. Then again, I know nothing how to run a server... don't even know if i have time to deal with vps.
    Last edited by moshemarc; 12-04-2006 at 11:26 PM.

VPS would be better for you but if you have single domain then it looks more file oriented to consume that bandwidth
    500-1000 Gb is achievable in shared hosting as it provides 1000/30 per day under 20 bucks
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com