phpmyadmin & /tmp permissions

Today i found something very strange in my opinion.. When i made the permissions of /tmp 666 (read and write, not exe), phpmyadmin's layout changed, like it couldn't read the css files... however, with /tmp set to 777 it works just fine, now i ask you, does anyone know a good explanation to this? I'm kind of lost, since /tmp only has session files related to phpmyadmin...

attached is the right and wrong layout screenshots, #1 is with /tmp set to 0777, and #2 with 0666...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails myphpadmin1.png   myphpadmin2.png  
    || Semi-professional PHP developer || Exams right now, don't I just feel lucky? ||

This is not the correct way to remove execution privileges from /tmp

The correct way is to change your /etc/fstab entry for /tmp and add the option "noexec". Make the change in fstab and then either reboot or remount the file system.

Linux:
    Code:
    LABEL=/tmp              /tmp                    ext3    defaults,noexec,nosuid        1 2
    FreeBSD:
    Code:
    /dev/da0s1d             /tmp            ufs     rw,noexec               2       2

Ah, makes more sense then Still learning linux stuff, but i'm getting there... Thanks for your help
    || Semi-professional PHP developer || Exams right now, don't I just feel lucky? ||

http://www.webhostgear.com/34.html i found that useful, just in case any searchers stop by in the future and needs help Works on non-cpanel servers as well...