Has anybody tried Hostdepartment ?

I was thinking of taking reseller plan from Hostdepartment. Has any body tried them here ? What about their network speed, uptime and such ?

Please share your experience if you have tried them before.

Hey celebrity, welcome to WHT! Click the search button on top of the page and do a search here for them. You'll find many reviews. Keep in mind there's a hostdepartment.com and a hostingdepartment.net.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

They're the same company aren't they?
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Quote Originally Posted by sTag-Dan
    They're the same company aren't they?
    I don't think so.

hostingdepartment.net HQ is in GB
    and hostdepartment.com in Delaware.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I have been with them (reseller blowout) for the past 3 months. They are very very bad. I had read alot of bad things about them, and did not heed the advice, and found out the hard way. I have been using an uptime monitoring online service and was amazed to find the average uptime for the last two weeks (when I started to use it) was 67% uptime.

Some times our site is not available for upto 1 hour at a time. Or pages simply do not load (time out). We have 15 customers on the reseller account, and keep having to respond to their enquiries as to why their sites are always down. You will need 24/7 support on your site just to answer questions as to why the site is down, control panel errors, ftp not working. I have tried contacting there support over & over again, they do not respond/care.

I know the deal seems good, but it is 100% too good to be true. I am currently looking for another reseller company.

Check the Better Business Bureau report it is unsatisfactory. Host Department does not care about you, me or anybody, they just want your money.

Beleive me this company is an absolute nightmare, I promise.

realllllly bad reallllllllllly bad dnt take enm even if they are the last one there...

seriously bad hosting i am really suffering

I am new to this forum. In fact, I just joined.... just to reply to this thread. I am new to the world of hosting, and I went with hostdepartment.com to host my oscommerce site.

I have had nothing but problems with respect to bandwidth, up-time, etc. In fact right now, my site is slower then a whale pooping, and im the only one accessing it. I should have done my research - lesson learned.
    Last edited by supernoc; 11-30-2006 at 02:33 PM.

Hello supernoc

I suggest you to open your own thread about recommendations, otherwise the posts are going to get mixed

On your new threads, post your needs and some people will be able to guide you about which host may it be "better" for you.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore