Stay away from LayeredTech… READ TO FIND OUT WHY!

Just kidding… They rock!

Somebody on my main server was exploiting a php form mail script to an extent where the server ran out of RAM and locked up. Upon noticing that my server was down, I emailed the reboot department to get the server rebooted, but no success, the server shortly locked up again.

After many attempts of rebooting, and still failing I was getting frustrated, not knowing what the issue was, but LT’s support department were still courteous and willing to help. I would especially like to thank Nichalus -- He was very helpful in escalation of the support ticket, and letting me know of the status of the issue. I would also like to thank Andrew E -- He bent backwards to assist me with the issues I was having, which were what I consider as beyond self management support -- He logged into the server via console and found the issue (“out of memory error”, and hundreds of outbound exim processes), he then stopped exim, chkservd, renamed sendmail and exim so that they could not start back up.

Although I found LayeredTech’s support a bit slow, I find that with issues like these Level II/III is required, which is beyond LT’s self management support, and it is acceptable. LT’s support isn’t normally slow with less complex issues, actually it is quite fast.

I’d recommend LayeredTech to anybody!

Mini

Well, my first time to see that they took care of problem like this.

They are self-managed but they fix your spam issue? That is weird. They don't do this unless you pay for additional support.

Net

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Don't ever do that again to a person who just woke up and had to read twice to make sure that I understood it correct

From the title I misconceive.

They didn't exactly "fix" my spam issue, they just made it so that I could at least access my host. They didn't look for the scripts that was causing it, they just stopped exim -- I had to locate and remove the script that was causing this to happen. Of course, if I could at least access the host, I wouldn't of needed LT's support to access the host via console and stop exim.

Mini

Quote Originally Posted by net
    They are self-managed but they fix your spam issue? That is weird. They don't do this unless you pay for additional support.