Layered Tech Resellers

If I purchase a server via a reseller does anyone know if LT will honour that deal should the reseller go bust?

Actually,provider responsible to who purchased servers from them.They don't intervene the resellers would resell the server to which one.

Quote Originally Posted by wisenerl
    If I purchase a server via a reseller does anyone know if LT will honour that deal should the reseller go bust?
    If you go with a well know reseller like server4sale or servistra you should never have to even need to worry about that. If one of those companys went bust somone else would buy out all the customers and you should never have any problems.
    Snapya

Server4Sale is awesome, just wanted to say that right off. The guys there have treated me quite well.

My opinion of layeredtech differs quite a bit. When I was a direct customer they treated me like dirt and tried to swindle me out of money. They will never get my business directly again - I prefer to let Server4Sale deal with them. :p

So if you're considering a LT reseller I wholeheartedly recommend Server4Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by NoxTek
    Server4Sale is awesome, just wanted to say that right off. The guys there have treated me quite well.

My opinion of layeredtech differs quite a bit. When I was a direct customer they treated me like dirt and tried to swindle me out of money. They will never get my business directly again - I prefer to let Server4Sale deal with them. :p

So if you're considering a LT reseller I wholeheartedly recommend Server4Sale.

I have also heard alota good things about server4sale but I am currently with servstra and I have not had any problems!
    Snapya

Keep in mind that even with an LT reseller, you will still be stuck with waiting on LT staff to do work when necessary. Reloads, in particular, can be heinously long, drawn-out, screwed up affairs. Beware the staff doing work that was not requested -- or not doing work that was requested. Am there/doing that, all day today. If your dedicated server is mission-critical in terms of uptime, I'd think twice about going w/ LT (at least 'til they get their baggage cleaned up).

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by snapya
    I have also heard alota good things about server4sale but I am currently with servstra and I have not had any problems!
    Both server4sale and servstra are very reliable. Although databank has been having some issues, but that is on LT's end

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET)
    Keep in mind that even with an LT reseller, you will still be stuck with waiting on LT staff to do work when necessary. Reloads, in particular, can be heinously long, drawn-out, screwed up affairs. Beware the staff doing work that was not requested -- or not doing work that was requested. Am there/doing that, all day today. If your dedicated server is mission-critical in terms of uptime, I'd think twice about going w/ LT (at least 'til they get their baggage cleaned up).

Bailey
    Yes it is mission critical data, looks like I need to look at EV1 again!

Now EV1 would not have been my first choice to put synonymous with "mission critical" -- what makes them so good?

I've been out of the buyer's market for a long time so please pardon my ignorance.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

ev1 support can be up and down, I think its been more down recently since the planet moved in. However in terms of solid networks and equipment they are still the best at the moment or at least 1 of the best.

But then again since the planet moved in they need to start paying back that loan they took out to buy ev1 so as quick as the ink had dried the prices went up.

A lot of their server are not on "instant activation" now either.

lol, just talked myself back out of them

I have been looking to purchase a server from Server4Sale. Is the fact that it's a reseller going to affect support response times?

I don't get why you think Server4Sale is good when you contact the sales before rent server, probably you are satisfy with support? Hence I disliked Server4Sale, I contacted the sales in live chat about 5 months ago, it was horrible. He answered very short and kept say 'ok', didn't sound like professional and acted like under 18. He did not answer correct from my questions.

Dedicatedplace is LT reseller as well. I would like to know what will happen if reseller go bust and who will handle the full management since LT is unmanaged. Hope the LT owner will post here
    Last edited by TRIBOLIS; 12-01-2006 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeHMoNkEy
    I have been looking to purchase a server from Server4Sale. Is the fact that it's a reseller going to affect support response times?
    It depends I suppose on how much regard LT hold for Server4Sale's business, if its a big chunk then they probably get a better service for their customer than soem who are direct with LT

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBOLIS
    I don't get why you think Server4Sale is good when you contact the sales before rent server, probably you are satisfy with support? Hence I disliked Server4Sale, I contacted the sales in live chat about 5 months ago, it was horrible. He answered very short and kept say 'ok', didn't sound like professional and acted like under 18. He did not answer correct from my questions.

Dedicatedplace is LT reseller as well. I would like to know what will happen if reseller go bust and who will handle the full management since LT is unmanaged. Hope the LT owner will post here
    Things changed pretty much with S4S, let me know if there's anything you would like to know.

Before this we were focused in beefing up our technical support. Now that our support is established, we are marching towards other department, sales and billing.

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET)
    Now EV1 would not have been my first choice to put synonymous with "mission critical" -- what makes them so good?

I've been out of the buyer's market for a long time so please pardon my ignorance.

Bailey

I'd agree that I wouldn't have said that either with ev1 in general however their private rack support is excellent. You can pickup the phone and someone is always there, you can use the private irc channel and more often than not someone will respond within a minute or two.

So if it was for a private rack then yes i'd consider ev1 for mission critical. Just my thoughts IMO. Not really sure what the deal is with the non-rack support, but I can only imagine.

-Scott
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

Its not great, it never was, I had servers there for years and the reason I am good at managing linux boxes now is because of their lack of support Although

I cant speak to badly of them, I had a raq there when Headsurfer was answering the support tickets, you cant fault the reliability of the network or the prices (cough, until recently).

But like most "unmanaged" providers people forget that most of the techs time gets taken up by the idiots that dont have a clue and those of us who have a real problem end up at the back of the Q

I remember one guy who came on the forums a couple of years back, never forget the poor boy when he posted

"I have just bought a new linux server, how do I start windows on it, I dont even know what linux is"

Anyway off topic and rant over!