Recommend reseller hosting?

Hello, I am looking for a reseller plan, and have a budget of between $50 and $120 per month. I am looking for a plan that offers alot of diskspace & bandwidth. I am currently with hostdepartment and am very unhappy with them - (im sure you are shocked..lol) I really like the plan they offer, and it is very unfortunate that they are so unbeleivably terrible. Can anyone recommend a good alternative with a similar offering as hostdepartment - without all the downtime, bad service ect? I am currently with there "blow out" reseller package.

Many of the reseller plans that I have seen are fairly expensive and offer very little disk space & bandwidth, and have been having a very hard time finding a good alternative. Thanks very much.
    Last edited by zwolf; 11-29-2006 at 06:58 PM.

Taking a look at their plans...if you can get them to tell us where they found those unlimited hard drives, we'd all appreciate it immensely

Anyways, since they use H-Sphere, the H-Sphere hosts I know of on WHT are the following, but their plans won't come anywhere near what you got with HD (which is a good thing) :

- Cartikahosting
    - Jodohost
    - Vortech

All 3 are established H-Sphere providers with a proven track record. You can use the search function to find out more about them.

Hello Anthony, thank you for your reply. I have checked out all 3 companies, and while I can see they are trust worthy, I think I will need much more disk space then what they offer. I currently have 15 clients whom I promised 10 GB per month of disk space, which was easy to offer with HD's unlimited hard drives (lol). I am now in kind of a bind. Is it not possible to find a better deal with a solid company? I need to get away from HD but the options don't seem to be looking to good at the moment. Any other suggestions?

That's the problem with scams like these. You're put into a catch-22. While it's unethical, it happens.

Do your clients currently use all 10GB? If not, try and catch up with the overselling game. Go with a stable provider, attract new clients, and as your old ones start filling up, upgrade your plan with the provider. That's about the only way out I currently see, short of cutting your current clients off...

How much space / bandwidth do you think you'll need? Are you only looking for hosts that offer HSphere as a control panel or cPanel/WHM would do?
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Hi

with a buget as high as yours you should have no problem finding a host that is stable.

First do share with us all the features, OS, Control panel etc that you want?
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Hello, The control panel does not matter, I have found that H-Sphere is not the most user friendly in general, so if there is an easier to use control panel even better. Anthony, none of the clients actual are using that much space, but it puts me in kind of as you mention a catch 22, of how to tell them that I have to reduce the amount of space I can offer them. STag-Dan & CyberHostPro basically the more space & bandwidth the merrier.

I have just checked out: IntegraHost which seems to have a fairly decent offering, if I would be able to purchase extra space & bandwidth at a reasonable price, however I was getting 404 errors all over that site, talked to a live rep about the prices and waited 5 minutes while it said the rep was typing...I guess they are having some trouble on there end today. Would any of you know if they are any good?

Any more suggestions would be most excellent. Thank you for all your help.

You should do a search on IntegraHost. You're basically thinking of jumping from an overloaded ship, to one that's nearly sunk. There's a thread about IH in the reseller forum, and the "hosts down" section of the forum. Once the old owner sold IH, the new guys ran into a boatload of trouble, and are still trying to recuperate.

Basically, whoever you choose, be sure to search WHT and Goole (or other hosting forums) for reviews and insights into the companies you're interested in.

Thank you for the tip, yes I definatly do not wish to go with another troubled hosting company. Thank you for the advice.

Are your customers really using 10 GB of space each? because you can find a host with reseller plans with overselling enabled, in that way, you wont need to get 150 GB of space,but just something over of what your customers are actually using instead.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Hi, Jedito thanks for the suggestion, overselling is a good idea, but I want to be able to have some where close to the amount of space I am offering.

The main things important to me is the ability to purchase blocks of disk space & bandwidth at a reasonable price, as I wish to host many more domains than 15 from the reseller account.
    Last edited by zwolf; 11-29-2006 at 10:46 PM.

What Jedito and I were saying, is if your clients aren't using that 10GB just yet, why pay for it right away? With most reseller providers, you can upgrade your plan as you need it. As your clients fill up, upgrade your plan. Like I mentionned earlier, you could catch up by "overselling", and then come out on top once you upgrade your plan.

H-Sphere is great, but if you're looking to host more domains, cPanel/Plesk is what you might want to look into, as providers using those control panels don't have to pay for a license for each control panel instance used (username)

Exactly, if you reach the point where your customers are really using 150 GB of space, you'll have to get a dedicated server.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

What is the current usage of your customers? Find something that is within the usage. There is no such thing as unlimited.

When they are using nearly as much disk space as you have promised them, then you would surely need to find a managed dedicated server. I would also suggest adjusting your plans and prices.

Ok, thanks for all the advice. Does anyone know of more reseller companies I can check out. I like the sound of the cPanel/Plesk control panels, which companies have this option?

Quote Originally Posted by zwolf
    Hello, I am looking for a reseller plan, and have a budget of between $50 and $120 per month. I am looking for a plan that offers alot of diskspace & bandwidth. I am currently with hostdepartment and am very unhappy with them - (im sure you are shocked..lol) I really like the plan they offer, and it is very unfortunate that they are so unbeleivably terrible. Can anyone recommend a good alternative with a similar offering as hostdepartment - without all the downtime, bad service ect? I am currently with there "blow out" reseller package.

Many of the reseller plans that I have seen are fairly expensive and offer very little disk space & bandwidth, and have been having a very hard time finding a good alternative. Thanks very much.
    I have been with KUALO at http://www.kualo.com for about four years now.

They have been very good and support is great.
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Well your budget certainly should speak worlds about the service you "should" be getting. Why you are not, no one knows. I would suggest gathering a list of some reputable web hosting providers and search for solid reviews on them. Either have a looksy here on WHT or search google for review sites. WHReviews is good as Jedito has stated, but sometimes it's harder to find the smaller guys on there.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Still searching...not a very easy process, but I have my fingers crossed.