Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Web Host Plus - Breakthrough

I purchased a server from Web Host Plus, unknowing to me how terrible they are, and expecting the same service I received from managed.com.

4 days after purchasing my server, I had still not received the IP etc. So I contacted them, after waiting over a day for a response - I was told I would be upgraded to 1GB Ram, and the server would be ready tomorrow. Tomorrow came and went, and finally 2 days later I received a welcome email (after contacting them again). I logged into the server, SSH was working fine, but they had not installed CPanel correctly. The server then went down, I contacterd support, after no response a day later I contacted billing & sales, still no response.

I was forced to create a paypal buyer complaint - instantly within 20 minutes they'd refunded me! Obviously they didn't like the idea of being accused of fraud. But what absolutely shocked me was the emails I received from them after words. Below is the log including the message I last sent.

Lets try whplawsuit.com or just a simple search in google - there's not one good review about you guys, hundreads of people with the same problem as me.

----- Original Message -----
    To: oxide@oxidehost.net
    Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:29 PM
    Subject: RE: [MB User] Tech Support Question

I’ve responded immediately on all your e-mails (tt were opened in a wrong place – you’ve opened TTs in BILLING SYSTEM and wanted techs to respond you - as I told before – something is wrong with you)

Other law suits ?

Moron…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 12:34 PM
    To: John Goldenberg
    Subject: Re: [MB User] Tech Support Question

That's very strange, your fast enough to respond now that your payment processor get involved. Shame you don't respond as fast to support emails - my server was online for 1 hour, and yes I did receive your welcome email.

Good luck in the other law suits against you

To: Rob Cook

Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:28 PM

Subject: RE: [MB User] Tech Support Question

Are you an idiot or your e-mail is set-up for the kindergarten?

I personally sent you 4 times the welcome letter with all server’s info next day after you signed up and you complained to PayPal the server wasn’t delivered?

CANCELED, moron

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2006 10:58 AM
    To: billing
    Cc: oxide@oxidehost.net
    Subject: [MB User] Tech Support Question
    Importance: High

Hi, I ordered my server 4 days ago, and was told it would be online at the latest tomorrow after contacting you. I have still not received my server?
    Regarding the fact he sent the welcome email, it's excuse after escuse - they didn't send anything, my web host is extremely reliable, and I know for a fact my email address was/is working perfectly. He says I emailed there billing for a tech support question, I actually emailed support over 5 times - and my trouble ticket login they gave me didn't even work, even after I requested a new one.

I'd like to post this on here to make sure no-one else falls victim to them, and if you already have, and paid by paypal - get a buyer complaint on there *** (undelivered service or fraud!).

I've currently moved to galaxyvisions - I spoke to a live person, who helped get my server online immediately, i'm very happy with them so far.

I am curious how this is a breakthrough?
    Jay

Even more so - where is the refund? All I see is someone calling you a moron repeatedly. And I agree - how is this a breakthrough. Have you happened upon the search area of this site yet and tried a WHP search? If so - then you will find this is far far FAR from a breakthrough but more so another sad story to the book of many.

I forgot to add, the reason he sent me the whole "Moron" email - it was because he just had to refund my payment.

1PlanHost (sales@1planhost.com) has issued you a full or partial refund for your payment.

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

Message from Seller:
    Pure BS
    This is fraudulent transaction - customer never sent us ID proof
    Please, refund

COMPLETELY unprofessional.

The very fact that he actually called you a moron is completely unbelievable! I work in retail, and if I ever called a customer a moron (regardless of how right or wrong they are) I would be out of a job.

That's one host to avoid entirely...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruisecar
    I forgot to add, the reason he sent me the whole "Moron" email - it was because he just had to refund my payment.
    Looks like you were in good hand

Avoid it like plague!

Seeing a thread that was like 200 pages long and with at least a thousands post by each member (whp/managed) its not something to be relieved off. not to say i got lost after the 5th page....

CANCELED, moron
    Did anyone else find that as funny as I did?

I am not sure how they are even in business, my mate has still got a server with them as hes one of those lazy people who won't move unless the world is about to end. Everytime he pays it the payment always goes to a new paypal account, there now onto 1PlanHost and had used NyStepINC, Managed.com, WHP, WebHostPlus and there was one other one but can't remember it.

I can't see this as much of a breakthrough as other posts, but it sure as hell gave us a laugh here. I think I might tell my next client "hello moron, I think your talking utter BS". Now how about that for marketing and gaining clients. ??
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    www.codesworld.info

Quote Originally Posted by Servers4me
    I am not sure how they are even in business, my mate has still got a server with them as hes one of those lazy people who won't move unless the world is about to end. Everytime he pays it the payment always goes to a new paypal account, there now onto 1PlanHost and had used NyStepINC, Managed.com, WHP, WebHostPlus and there was one other one but can't remember it.

I can't see this as much of a breakthrough as other posts, but it sure as hell gave us a laugh here. I think I might tell my next client "hello moron, I think your talking utter BS". Now how about that for marketing and gaining clients. ??

sounds like a good plan, moron.

sounds like a good plan, moron.
    Do you have to talk so much BS wiresix
    www.codesworld.info

* Reply From John

To: **********
    Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:42 AM
    Subject: FW: [MB User] Tech Support Question

Pure BS created by our ‘friend’ Bill Jensen from ADC, which is on the way of law suite against him for hijacking NetBunch and wiped out thousands of customers accounts completely.
    The rest of ‘articles’ are pure BS too for the not very knowledgeable, like you
    Enjoy the reading…

Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 1:41 PM
    To: John Goldenberg
    Subject: Re: [MB User] Tech Support Question

Lets try whplawsuit.com, or just a simple search in google - there's not one good review about you guys, hundreads of people with the same problem as me.

At least i've been upgraded from moron to not very knowledgeable : D

My mate is being blackmailed at the moment into having his server terminated.

He asked awhile back about ADC, they came back basically saying who the hell is ADC and your email has just shown they do exist, questioning John has just resulted in blackmail.

Will show emails when hes finished being called names by John for the day.
    www.codesworld.info

Nice to have helped, these guys just keep lieing.

Questioning John will just result in you being a Moron, don't go there

Decided to phone them, after something I found in your emails to him. I really couldnt believe it, he started by shouting at me saying "what do you want now" I then went on and asked him my question about ADC and the server my mate has there and was told "shutup you moron you havnt got a clue what your on about" didnt realise asking a question made me a moron . He then hungup, so I phoned him up again and went through Tammy Miro (Billing) she must of sensed it was me and John then answered. I then started to get a tad annoied and said "do you treat every customer this way" he then replied with "no, just the ones who have one lousy server, if you where colo I would care, but since your not I dont care" He then started saying "look, your server is now in Directline (well i think thats what he said) and it was in ADC. Then aload more trying to jump down my throat.

Then he started going on about Rob who I believe is the one who started the post, and said that he was a moron, if Rob would like a copy of this chat then just ask. And id be more than happy to send it to you.

Regards,
    www.codesworld.info

John must work awfully long hours to get that cranky

John is a funny guy - and yes I am Rob. :p Why not post a copy for us all to see, I hate there server service, but John has a future as a comedian.

All I can say - do your research - make a educated decision and that still doesn't work - stay the hell away from WHP. Enough Said?

Well I will do, got to do some editing first as it includes some private information.

If anyone has any suggestions for the BLEEP sound then do let me know i was thinking along the lines of "WHPSUX" if anyone wants to record it then let me know and id be more than happy to use it.
    www.codesworld.info

Id be more than happy to record WHPSUX

please send it to jamie (@) servers4me.com
    www.codesworld.info

Apologies just found out Mic has broken, Damn and it was working yesterday

There might be some good sound effects on the web for download

Ive got a cd full of them ill have a look and post again shortly

I think this would be a good one: http://rapidshare.com/files/5620264/horns.wav

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast