Can you recommend a reliable free web host other than

^^^^ Lycos - gave them a go, they are crap. I am learning php and I just bought a couple of scripts and as such need a server to practice on

Thanx

What is your budget, do you have a domain?

Have you tried Free Web Hosting Talk?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAnonymous
    What is your budget, do you have a domain?
    I think his budget is free...

Better to check on freewebhostingtalk.com
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

You say that Lycos free hosting is crap...what do you expect, from a free host? You hardly have the right to complain if you aren't paying anything.

The general rule of thumb is, if you want a good quality, fast, reliable server then be prepared to pay for it. You can get small web hosting packages for less than $5 a month, a budget most can afford I think..

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_grant
    You say that Lycos free hosting is crap...what do you expect, from a free host? You hardly have the right to complain if you aren't paying anything.

The general rule of thumb is, if you want a good quality, fast, reliable server then be prepared to pay for it. You can get small web hosting packages for less than $5 a month, a budget most can afford I think..
    My main reason for going with a free host is just to test the waters. I am looking to move on to a paid host in the very near future

Quote Originally Posted by twistedgamer
    Have you tried Free Web Hosting Talk?
    Yup, everyone on there is trying to advertise their own site - I want recommendations from neutral people who have used the service in the past and are reasonably satisfied.

I would suggest you install xampp lite on your local computer windows/linux and create virtual servers. You can then install scripts, host websites for development, create databases, etc just like with a webhosting account. Search on google for xampp lite virtual servers.