Wink I need a hosting company, list of what I need..

I currently own a godaddy.com. And what a waste of money, my website loads extremely slow. I think its cause of their SQL databases...

Anyways this is what I'm looking for:
    prefer $8 or less a month
    1GB of space
    mySQL databases
    Supports multi domains (I can have more than 1 website on the plain)
    PHP
    I don't need but... ASP.net would be nice

I run mainly CMS PHP sites. like e107.org. I want to make sure that what ever company I transfer to actually can run this site with out taking 15 secs to load up.

usually your site should load in a lot less than 15 seconds (of course, depending of the size).
    How much bandwidth do you need? any preference on control panels?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

What is your domain name? GoDaddy is great for domains, I myself tested there webhosting and it wasn't so great, but I heard others really liked them..

Quote Originally Posted by krummage
    mySQL databases
    Supports multi domains (I can have more than 1 website on the plain)
    PHP
    I don't need but... ASP.net would be nice

I run mainly CMS PHP sites. like e107.org. I want to make sure that what ever company I transfer to actually can run this site with out taking 15 secs to load up.
    I don't understand some parts of your post, you want to have ASP.NET and PHP? and are you using SQL or mySQL?
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

I use PHP but I might want to use ASP.net in the future, which is why I said its not needed. From what I seen alot of hosting companies don't support ASP.net and if they do its alot more money, whats also why I said its not needed. I use mySQL, sorry I didn't know there were 2 SQL's (or more?). I don't really care about the bandwidth because I'm not going to be having hundreds of people visiting my site a day.

My domain is stormofdarkness.com. When I asked godaddy.com about it they told me it was my site, not them. But with my old hosting company siteflip.com I had the same exact site and it loaded instantly. Its a CMS site by e107.org.

MS SQL (Microsoft) Mysql (MySQL AB)

You shouldn't have problems of being hosted in any "non_overloaded" php/mysql host. Your needs are pretty basics.
    I suggest to narrow your list to 5-6 hosts and research about them here and in google.

<< removed >>

Good luck in your search
    Last edited by writespeak; 12-17-2006 at 02:22 AM.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Well I was hoping since you guys always list hosts to other people that u would have some names in your head that you know are good by now. I did research before buying godaddy.com and you've read how that ended up lol. There are so many hosting companies out there that I get swamped and don't know if one is reliable or not.

The problem is that there are too many affiliate sites which suppose to be real web hosting directories, you'll see in all them the same 10 hosts as the "top 10 web hosts", but that's because all them use CJ as their affiliate program.

<< removed >>
    Last edited by writespeak; 12-17-2006 at 02:25 AM.

Did you try opening my website up? I think its them that is causing the problem since I didn't have any problems with siteflip.com. They claim its me, but I don't see how its me when it installs itself lol. CMS sites are nice like that. I wanted to check your opinion on that before switching.

stormofdarkness.com

Krummage I don't know what scripts you're running on your sites, but there are a ton of poorly written CMS's out there that can bring a monster server to its knees. Have you looked into caching or heard of other people have problems with the performance of some of the software you're running?

I know GoDaddy isn't the best host, but if you're eating up resources at once place chances are it isn't going to change much at your next host.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by krummage
    I use PHP but I might want to use ASP.net in the future, which is why I said its not needed. From what I seen alot of hosting companies don't support ASP.net and if they do its alot more money, whats also why I said its not needed. I use mySQL, sorry I didn't know there were 2 SQL's (or more?). I don't really care about the bandwidth because I'm not going to be having hundreds of people visiting my site a day.

My domain is stormofdarkness.com. When I asked godaddy.com about it they told me it was my site, not them. But with my old hosting company siteflip.com I had the same exact site and it loaded instantly. Its a CMS site by e107.org.
    As you may know ASP.NET is windows based, PHP exists for Unix as well windows. The reason i asked its because there are not many hosts out there that will offer both in the same machine.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

your site took a while to load from my connection here.... (9 seconds or so).
    If you need asp.net you are certainly looking for a windows platform that supports php as well. there are plenty out there. Have you asked godaddy to move you to another server maybe a windows one. (not sure if they offer windows) do they offer multiple domain hosting? I hope this helps
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

my site designslicer is hosted @ royaltyhosting. They have PHP, ASP.net and CF hosting. They're servers seem fast for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by schmeg007
    Krummage I don't know what scripts you're running on your sites, but there are a ton of poorly written CMS's out there that can bring a monster server to its knees. Have you looked into caching or heard of other people have problems with the performance of some of the software you're running?

I know GoDaddy isn't the best host, but if you're eating up resources at once place chances are it isn't going to change much at your next host.
    Well as I said in a upper post, I had the same site on a different host and had zero problems. Its a pretty known CMS and has gone through many verions. I don't think its the coding of the site. I do have two sites running off of godaddy. The other 1 is a simple html page. And even the html page takes like 3 secs to load and its HTML and like 4k lol.

I've been looking at arvixe.com on the PHP5 / MySQL5 Linux Hosting plan. I did some searches on this site and found a couple of reviews. How do their prices fair compared to other companies you guys know? I might try them out, since they also have the 30 day money back (If those even work? Might be all talk for I know).

I do have two sites running off of godaddy. The other 1 is a simple html page. And even the html page takes like 3 secs to load and its HTML and like 4k lol.
    True, it seems to me like the slowness is mainly due to low transfer speed, and less due to how long it takes the script to execute.

Render time: 2.9045 second(s); 0.5919 of that for queries. DB queries: 24.
    and at times it reported ~1 sec render time. In my case, the HMTL part loads fast enough, but then most of the wait with his site (http://stormofdarkness.com for those interested) is images related. It takes quite a while to load them all.

Idcdc, ty for helping me confirm that the slow loading is most likely the host.

I've been looking at arvixe.com on the PHP5 / MySQL5 Linux Hosting plan. I did some searches on this site and found a couple of reviews. How do their prices fair compared to other companies you guys know? I might try them out, since they also have the 30 day money back (If those even work? Might be all talk for I know).