Remote Domains File

Hello!

I just want to say I'm impressed with how well this community works together, very mature and friendly. So I thought I would give it a try!

I have just finished up with an issue with e-mails not coming through to a reseller account I have. I had to contact technical support and add a domain to the "remote domains" file in order for mail to come through. It is working now, which is great, but there is another domain that is unable to send mail through.

I transferred this account from another host and I hear this can happen with moving the account from server to server.

My question is, is there any way to avoid having issues with the remote domains file? Because I am on a reseller account I have no access to this file I assume? Also, as they are a business that relies heavily on e-mails, is there a way to guarantee that all e-mails will get through? I obviously can't add domains to the remote domains file if I don't know they exist.

Thanks everyone, and I look forward to talking more with each of you!

It appears I was mistaken exactly how the remotedomains file worked. It's been clarified now that it is needed when the domain is hosted on a server, but the e-mail is handled remotely.

I still have a lot of learning to do!

Thanks!