Thread: UK2 Down

UK2 Down

For anyone who, like me, has lost their email, FTP and websites with domains at UK2, this is what I got from their live chat feature. Infamously, they don't offer telephone support...

The current problem viewing websites, using FTP and using mail is not a problem on our servers, all systems are currently working properly. However it appears that a major network hub between our systems and your ISP is down. Please note that the problem is between our network and your ISP but not actually with them either. For those that have tried running trace routes, please note that they do not reach gw12k-hex-g0-0-100.uk2net.com, this is our main router which i can confirm is definately up and running (or we would currently not be able to connect outside our office and send this message). The fact that it has not reached our main gateway shows the problem is not on our network.

I would once again like to stress that this is not a problem at our end, please do not send multiple support requests in to us regarding this problem as there is nothing we ourselves can do and it will only slow up response times for other customers. Our technicians are aware of the problem and are doing their utmost to get those responsible to fix it as soon as possible.
    It's always a worry that I'm losing stuff from clients, so let's hope they're back up soon...

M@

Well i can't see them either... www.uk2.net is unavailable as far as i'm concerned.

We got a similar message.

However, they are down via every proxy and route I tried. Basically, I cannot find a route or location from which they are actually up and running.
    It's been like this for the best part of the day. Not good at all....

They're down again I think.. (7:00pm) Although their uk2.net site is up.. (I'll remove post if it's just my server..)

4 minute response from SS.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 29 November 2006 19:01
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [#FDR-xxxxxxxxxx]: Server Gone! (Again)

Looking into this now.

I'm contacting our NOC techs for updates.

Thanks.
    Best Regards

Supreme | Support

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: FDR-xxxxxxx
    Department: Tech support
    Priority: Critical

Supreme | Support
    Posted On: 29 Nov 2006 07:12 PM
    We’re experiencing some network issues. I am terribly sorry for the delays met by this but we are working to get everything back up and running momentarily.

Thanks!

Best Regards

Supreme | Support

You can view the stats anytime for my server here! (Updated every 1 minute!)
    http://www.hyperspin.com/publicreport/49589/15542

I can access their site (using pipex)

UK2 still down

my site has bee inacessible since 11am. Same reply from uk2 about network hub.

Has anyone experienced this sort of problem before? Is there anything I can do apart from wait and see all my visitors spend their cash with my rivals?

Thanks
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by doughall
    Supreme | Support
    Posted On: 29 Nov 2006 07:12 PM
    We’re experiencing some network issues. I am terribly sorry for the delays met by this but we are working to get everything back up and running momentarily.

Thanks!

Best Regards

Supreme | Support
    momenetarily? My site has been down since 11am!!

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 29 November 2006 21:20
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [#FDR-839564]: Server Gone! (Again)

Ok, everything should be back up and good to go now.

Let us know if you encounter any more issues and we will be here to help.

Thanks!
    Best Regards

Supreme | Support

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: FDR-839564
    Department: Tech support
    Priority: Critical

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/30/uk2_suffers/

not technically totally correct - but read it and you'll get an idea of what we have been through the last 24 hours

An indonesian ISP nicked a full /19 from us.

Hmm. I'm on UK2 and siteuptime.com has been monitoring my server for ages. I haven't seen any outages in the last couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanhughson
    Hmm. I'm on UK2 and siteuptime.com has been monitoring my server for ages. I haven't seen any outages in the last couple of days.
    It was only a limited amount of routes (effectively it was less than 100 dedicated servers, but quite a lot of our shared, clients 20k or something along those lines, that was hit by this) - and totally out of our hands. We literally had to go through each an every upstream of the Indonesian ISP and ask them to block/filter IP's back to us

Sorry, when I pressed submit I saw your message. I guess we posted at the same time.

Is anyone else down??
    My server's disappeared!