Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Virpus experiences

Hello everyone,

Can you please chime in with your experiences at Virpus. Good or/and Bad.

Did a quick forum search and found this:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...73&postcount=6

I'm sure you'll find some more if you look...

Thanks I did see that one. I'm very interested to hear from other current or past customers.

Virpus

I've only been a customer for over 24 hours , but the VPS was setup in 3-4 hours, and they are pretty responsive to support tickets. I think the V-dedicated plan for $99 is one of the better deals for a higher end VPS.

They are a young company but the people who run it have been around for a while and appear to know what they're doing. I have seen nothing bad about them anywhere.

we just got a vps with virpus with the following specifications:

786MB RAM (guaranteed) - 2G burst

- cpuunits - 10,000 pcs
    - cpulimit - 800 pcs
    - numproc: 960 pcs
    - numtcpsock - 1440 pcs
    - numothersock: 1440 pcs
    - vmguarpages: 196,608
    - avnumproc: 720 pcs

this is a very good resource allowance/configuration.

additionally:
    - setup and configuration has been fast, correct , smooth, done in a professional attitude, very friendly

feel very much at home !!
    (if only traceroute would have been a bit better . . . . .)

ulysseNL

Thank you all for your kind comments! I'm happy to hear that you are satisfied with our services thus far as well - we work very hard here at Virpus Networks to make sure our customers are happy with their services with us.

In regards to the traceroutes - they are usually pretty good actually. The network consists of InterNAP, which is known for their intellegent routing; Level 3 is also in the mix. Did you see Level 3 in the traceroute, or "pnap.net"?
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Level 3

for comparative traceroute testing go to:
    http://hyperspin.com/quicktest.php

ulysseNL

Unfortunately, we cannot control how traffic is routed as our datacenter's routing technology see's Level 3 as a better route. However we do have plans on expanding to other locations which in the future will help reduce some of the latency for our international customers.

have been about one month with them. they are good and keep improving. they respond to ticket quite fast.

the one thing i like about them is the personalized letter you get through mail after becoming their client, all i can say is "what??? they stole my heart!"

I never get a thank you letter from my hosting company before...
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

Hello,

We like to make sure all of our customers feel welcomed, which we like to send out welcome letters to each customer to let them know that we appreciate their business and are thankful for our customers to choose our company for their hosting needs.

It is the least we can do for having a new valued customer

Thank you for your feedback on our personal services.

FOLLOW UP - Account Termination:

we have decided to terminate our account with Virpus - for a number of reasons directly related to the overall hosting environment at Virpus.

admittedly, our quality requirements are such that only a top-notch host may fulfil.

ulysseNL

So far mine has been good. Support response time has been great. I even got a letter in the mail welcoming me. I dident even get one from softlayer which i pay 20x more to.
    Upfront Business Solutions
    A Cloud & Microsoft SaaS provider
    "Creating you a online web presence"

We got a box with these guys 2 months ago which we prepaid 3 months for and setup was great but from then on the service has dropped, support area seems to get slower day by day, had service uptime problems with FTP from day 1 which was never fixed, then we started getting service downtimes on Apache (which really effected our buisness by trying to host just 10-15 shared accounts on it)

So 2-3 weeks ago we finally had enough after needing several restarts for apache which we didnt have in mind when purchasing a server that we would have to babysit it so we moved all our accounts back to our dedicated with LT which we are very happy with.

So to the ones happy with Virpus i'm happy for you but you get what you pay for i'd rather pay 2x as much and know the service quality is much better.

In Addition we sold the server off to a client who agreed to deal with the apache issues an dhe is also now fed up after the current support ticket is over 24 hours old and its only a small Webmail/POP login issue, they did say they would update soon but i guess 24-36 hours is soon to them.

Only time support has come through is when the issue was handled by Ken personally and that is only after complaining several times.

Regards,

Hello URLhost,

Just so you know, we have taken into consideration our quality of service in our support arena, and have acted by bringing in a new team of support professionals .

Depending on the issue, you may have experienced slower resolutions while other problems were quickly fixed. However now, no matter what the issue is, we aim to get all tickets resolved in a 4 hour time span.

I do apologize for the issues you experienced and pledge that anyone that may have this same situation will experience a complete turn-around from the issue described above. We have new goals in our support department, and new internal standards (such as getting issues resolved fully within 4 hours depending on how fast the customer can get back with us).

Regarding your apache issue, there is no reason to having to continue to restart apache if the VPS was properly loaded as far as the load you were putting on it. We only have a few tickets like this in the past and this was always the result when we further investigated the issue. I cannot say this is the same issue in your case as I have no way of identifying your account at this time, but this is usually the cause

Although the "you get what you pay for" quote is very true, our company has the mission of providing the most quality support and quality service at a fair price as if you were getting our services for, as you said, 2x's more than what we charge for the service.

URLhost, if you can have this individual send me a PM of the ticket number I will be happy to bring this to the attention of our technicians. At this time, I do see a open ticket regarding a mail issue that our techs are working on, so this may be the ticket here that I am looking at.

Thanks,

Ken
    Last edited by VN-Ken; 01-19-2007 at 08:01 AM.

Thumbs down Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mr101
    Hello everyone,

Can you please chime in with your experiences at Virpus. Good or/and Bad.
    I am an existing customer.
    1) Yesterday, my sites was off line during 5 hours, I send desesperaly 2 tickets to support and Mike respond 8 hours later
    2) Today: 12 PM I have a lot of problems: I can't create new accounts / Mysql databases doesn't work and the inodes of disk is full.
    18 PM (Argentina hour): all my sites are off line.

I send them 3 tickets to support, from 4 hours ago.

But I am still waiting for a solution, 0 comunication, 0 answer...and all my sites are off line, look:
    http://www.abcservs.com
    http://www.beshira.com.ar
    http://www.pylagrofinanzas.com.ar

an anothers 25 sites!!

Any comments?

Looks like the server is alive but dns is not.

Pinging 72.249.12.180 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 72.249.12.180: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=50
    Reply from 72.249.12.180: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=50
    Reply from 72.249.12.180: bytes=32 time=179ms TTL=50
    Reply from 72.249.12.180: bytes=32 time=77ms TTL=50

Can you access your vps by ssh and restart dns ?
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

disk inodes

Thank you kelow, but I think the problem is different.
    When I enter on Virtuozzo panel, I can see "Disk inodes 100% "

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by adrianjare
    I am an existing customer.
    1) Yesterday, my sites was off line during 5 hours, I send desesperaly 2 tickets to support and Mike respond 8 hours later
    2) Today: 12 PM I have a lot of problems: I can't create new accounts / Mysql databases doesn't work and the inodes of disk is full.
    18 PM (Argentina hour): all my sites are off line.

I send them 3 tickets to support, from 4 hours ago.

But I am still waiting for a solution, 0 comunication, 0 answer...and all my sites are off line
    Same here, my friend also complaint that they no reply her ticket for 2 days...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen3
    Same here, my friend also complaint that they no reply her ticket for 2 days...
    I am going on 6 days. Shame to...
    Upfront Business Solutions
    A Cloud & Microsoft SaaS provider
    "Creating you a online web presence"

Hello,

Please either send me a PM with your ticket numbers or e-mail general@virpusnetworks.net with your ticket numbers so that I can see what is going on here. We've just completed some support re-arrangements so we're hoping to get back to normal here.

Thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by VN-Ken
    Hello,

Please either send me a PM with your ticket numbers or e-mail general@virpusnetworks.net with your ticket numbers so that I can see what is going on here. We've just completed some support re-arrangements so we're hoping to get back to normal here.

Thank you for your patience.
    Sounds like a good move! Hope everything will get fixed soon!

no reply from Virpus again, are you all still have manage the support ticket?

Send email to support@myvirpus.com

Maybe your ticket got lost during their support system migration recently. Because I have just sent them a ticket 2 days ago. It is resolved in 3 tickets (less than one day).
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

Hello,

Please let me know your ticket number. All tickets that have been submitted have been responded to within 30 minutes, and I do not see any outstanding tickets from a "Stephen".

#920969 #827510

the ticket not submit by me but my partner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast