ELS Alternatives

Hi,

Wondering if you can help me, a few unmanaged clients have asked us where they can get server securing scripts, now we know of ELS, can cause some issues with HTTP but other than that not bad, but only for cpanel. Anyone know of a plesk script or even just a general one. We have thought about making our own but just wanted the general hosting worlds view first.

Regards,
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    www.codesworld.info

Security by script is not security at all.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Thanks for your comments, I am aware that scripts do not secure a server fully but we like to help our clients and I came here to ask for a second view, on what clients have requested.
    www.codesworld.info

I think Steves point is more about people who use PreMade Security scripts that supposedly install all of these security measures at once. If you blindly trust something like that, you are asking for trouble. There is no better way in my opinion than to install each security measure by hand, and making sure it is configured to your particular enviornment. If you do that, not only will you gain the knowledge of how to install something, you will also be able to troubleshoot it if something does go wrong. Everything needs to be installed, I just wouldnt trust a script that packages it all together and tries to install it.

Thanks for your help guys.

Will show clients this thread if they ask again.
    www.codesworld.info